NORTHERN COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY

NORTHERN COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews

Great to work, friendly staff and management is always there to help.

The job itself was great , but I had to do a lot of research , since the school books were limited. Overall it was a great experience. I would do it again.

Pros

Friendly and helpful people

Cons

No parking Had to pay for whims.

I have been here for 3 years and it is without a doubt the best place I have ever worked. The staff is good, the managers are always fair and the students are great!

Insights into NORTHERN COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Student Job Work on Holidays as Kennel Attendant

Go in twice a day every day in the morning for a couple of hours and in the evening for a couple of hours to take care of animals. Walk them, Clean Kennels, Feed them according to diet, Any Physical therapy or Medical Care that needs to be given. Not many people apply because most of the students go home on the holidays and over Christmas but still, managers are working right beside you helping with everything. Very great work environment. Enjoy everyone I work for or with and love being with the animals and enriching their lives in any way possible. Wish COVID didn't happen and in school class weren't cancelled the first semester and only done online. As well as having the end of my first year the second semester cut short right during March Break when I was working on campus.

Pros

New experiences, being utilized and developing new skills and working with great people

Cons

Wish there was more time they needed student workers for the kennel animals and more hours to work

Kennel Duty

This is part of the animal related programs at Northern College. It is not exactly a job but to help you prepare for related jobs you may get with this experience.

Great Place to Work

Great place to work. Very accommodating. Friendly co-workers. Management trains employees well and everyone works together. Paid holidays and time off.

it was great experience for me.

it was really nice experience while doing study and job in northern college. I learn a lot there like how to handle patients, how to provide care to them etc.

Progressive workplace

Challenging and ever changing environment. Progressive leadership team. Wonderful learning experiences. Highly recommend. Pay, benefits very competitive for area.

Abusive Management and Staff.

They offered me a full time position! I did not accept as they do no respect students and employees ( broken furntiture, filthy lunch room). No reliable admin staff as they leave job within months. To make story short they are abusive to international students and professors. Called ministry to complain but no-one responded.

Very nice people to work with

I loved every minute of working for northern college, my boss and their overseers were extremely nice and not judgmental at all. Always happy to help and find work to do.

Pros

Great boss

Cons

Yard work

Good One

Northern College is a very small school, but we make up for size with good quality professors and excellent hands-on experience. The student to professor ratio makes it so that teachers are very accessible for any questions students may have.

Challenging

This is a job where you are taking people with little or no experience in a trade and transforming them into fully competent employees. It is challenging because you need to adapt training to match each students ability to perform the tasks required. The reward is that when you finally click with the student and are able to see that they finally "got it" and can now go out and get the job they are looking for.

Would highly not recommend working here and especially not studying here

Not an ideal learning or working environment. Not enough tables or chairs for students. Computers, projectors and internet don’t work for staff members. Management was unorganized and not professional. Learning environment was below satisfactory. Students unhappy and got yelled at by staff. Dirty environment.

Pros

International students were nice

Review

Graduated Veterinary Technician in 2013. The school was great and the program was amazing. It helped me in my after school jobs such as vet clinic and volunteer opportunities. I got a sense of dead lines and making sure the animals were properly taken care of. Administrating medication and over all care was met for all animals.

Quality employer

Good place to learn and get quality work experience. I recommend working there if presented the opportunity. Staff are very helpful.

Pros

good atmosphere

Cons

no OT

Teaching College

Company is slightly disorganized when planning or implementing classes. Otherwise okay to staff and students, does it best as a small school.

An excellent place to work

A friendly collaborative workplace where skills are enhanced and abilities are well-respected. Most enjoyed working with students and colleagues.

Great job environment

Even though my position as a Wellness Center attendant had me working mostly by myself, I still found that I wasn't ever really working alone. The maintenance crew, teachers, supervisors, so many people would stop by and interact with me. In this job, I learnt how to work on a team. When I mention working on a team I mean more than just working with other Wellness Center employees. Not only was I asked to help with a few things outside the Wellness Center, but I was also helped by others from outside my department whenever I needed something. This was a great eye-opener for me. I realized that the people here aren't just in it for themselves, or just to get a pay, they all have the same goal: to make this a better environment to work, learn, and live. There isn't really anything difficult about this job, as it doesn't require much, but the most enjoyable part would have to be interacting with members as well as anyone who stops by.

Pros

Great team, fun environment, low stress

Great school

Enjoying the course so far. Professors very help and good instructors. It is a course, not much to tell. Schedule is great, classes are intense, but good.

Manager in this department not very professional

Although they say that harassment is very important to them ,do not bring it up or you will be shown the door.Keep an eye on co workers

Pros

Very friendly people

Cons

Do not like to have you report things

They have allowed me to train personnel around the world and given me enjoyment by hearing from past student and there industry successes.

Excellent Professors, great learning environment.

I had amazing teachers, I enjoyed all of my classes and the individual attention in the classroom was excellent. I went to one of the only schools in North America with a Wildlife Rehabilitation course and it was a great experience.

Pros

Great learning environment

Cons

Far from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORTHERN COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

NORTHERN COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY Reviews by Job Title

Learn about NORTHERN COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY in popular locations

• NORTHERN COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY