Northern Call Solutions Employee Reviews

Lots of hours, good co-workers and management
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 August 2018
Not a bad place to work at all. Taking inbound calls for cable company. I was here for 4 years. I saw workers come and go and usually the ones who 'go' are the ones who don't actually want to work in the first place, you know, the call in sick all the time people and the ones that need loads of 'personal' off time, and then they complain that management isn't nice to them when they don't show up for their shift. Like, management isn't trying to run a business or anything like that.
Some of the long time workers I met have been there for like, 15 years.
Stats are important so you have targets to hit. Calls are pretty much back to back so the shift goes quick.
Sometimes things are given away too and one summer I won a Patio Set!! The guy beside me won a television at the annual christmas party.
Pros
picnic area on back deck, incentive gift cards
Cons
sometimes having to work 6 days in a row
Very Good work place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 August 2018
A typical day of work is answering calls and helping customers. Lots of hours available. Office is open and clean. Each employee gets their own desk. Lighting is good and lots of windows. Free parking. Other than some difficult customers, the job is pretty easy. Hours are great too...I worked at another call center that was open until 2am. Here, the latest they are usually open is until 9pm.
Pros
pizza days, bbq, co-workers
Cons
customers who are mean
Bad management, poor facilities, decent leads
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 July 2018
Really old and not maintained facilities. Call center appears from the 80's. Mold on carpet, bathrooms not cleaned regularly, chairs are broken and phone system is at least a decade old. Owners are root cause of this.

Anyone above Team Lead does not know how to manage supervisors, people, or anything for that matter. Allow people to cut corners to get better stats to please external client. Internally they have poor management skills. Owners are root cause of this.

Team Leads are nice and will try to make the best with the poor management, policies, processes, and facilities.
Pros
Team Leads are nice
Cons
Facilities. Management. Processes.
Was an ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 July 2018
A typical work day was taking calls from customers. I did not like being paid twice a month ( on the 15th and last banking day of the month) It was hard booking medical appointments as shifts were not steady.
It's a call center. You shouldn't be expecting a good review.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 July 2018
Like just about every call center, the work is constant. Management doesn't appreciate the workers, as they have an 80%+ turnover rate, and see you simply as a number. Some people were nice, and tended to bond over hating their job so much, but that was literally the only plus side.
Pros
Lisa was cool.
Cons
Everything.
Not the best company I worked for
Customer Service and Excellent Communication (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 July 2018
I found the top management okay but my team leader seemed to have favorites and it seemed he wanted me out The pay was low I did not feel I got any bonuses or recognition from my leader and it seemed he would rather criticize than compliment Made me feel totally incompetent and bad about myself Wanted to quit everyday
Pros
If it was not busy you could leave early
Cons
low pay did not compliment who they should have
N/a
Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 June 2018
The hourly rate should be more considering what we have to tackle every single day. The systems are almost never working so this makes our job incredibly harder.
Worst call centre in barrie
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 June 2018
The training is really hard and you only get paid if you pass training so if you do not pass training not only did you waste your time but you will also not be paid for it. Special events are a joke for example last summer bbq was someone bringing barbecued hamburgers from their house and serving them in the basement. Also work life is the only life you will have as you are forced to work 6 days a week with only one weekend or two days off once a month last it is a family-run business with no room for advancement unless you become friend's with the right person.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
fun full-time energetic environment to work
Customer Care Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 May 2018
Great Place to Work full time over time at times good pay and good hours customers are great as well. mangers are flexable and great paid training. would highly recommend this job
Not for me
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 May 2018
Sitting down was an issue and the management were often unprofessional. Advancement in the company was a hard thing to accomplish and the systems never worked well enough to effectively assist customers.
Ncs
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 May 2018
have been working at Northern Call Solutions

Pros

lots of hours, good incentives, not a bad starting wage, shift premiums, raise after 3 months, bbq in the summer, pizza days

Cons

customer's aren't always very nice
Great company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 February 2018
I was answering calls and making calls out to the customers who had billing or technical issues with their statements or equipment. Making payments or payment arrangements
Pros
great incentives
No appreciation
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 January 2018
Not a suggest place of work. The management does not appreciate hard workers. They always praise you if you have done poor and have improved but will not appreciate the ones who always do the best they can
It pays the bills
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 December 2017
If you show up for work for your scheduled shift and try to help each client you deal you can keep working. Rotating door. Seniority does not count.
Pros
Minimum wage
Cons
Seniority does not count, working 3 or 4 weekends every month
work/life balance
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON3 October 2017
great place to work, fun staff always willing to help out, great team work, hours are good and workload is sufficent, management is great and understanding
Pros
centrally located
Cons
pay wage
Learning
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 September 2017
A lot of learning opportunities for new people in the Customer Service field. Their training is excellent. Ther is plenty of tech support available. The best thing is not 24 hours so, always good to work during the day.
Pros
Good Support
Cons
Too many calls
Great people
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 June 2017
All of the staff and management are wonderful people who are easy to work with. Great incentives and motivators. Very supportive and helpful. Clean work place.
simple
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 April 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me going to my desk, getting my paperwork out and ready, finding out what the sales goes were for the day and then log into the phones and start taking calls.
management was ok, there was a supervisor on the floor to help out with any questions/concerns.
the hardest part of the job was billing calls with difficult customers.
Not worth it
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
Working at Northern Call Solutions was an absolute joke. They use very confusing computer systems, and the lunch room is in the basement of the building (how pathetic).
Cons
Consistent hours and lots of opportunities for growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 February 2017
I've worked here for over a year and have found that NCS gives lots of opportunities for growth, wage increases, and very informative training. You learn how to handle all types of customers and although dealing with upset customers can be difficult it does give you skills in conflict resolution that can be applied to everyday situations and is a skill I can use in future careers. Lots of opportunities for sales incentives and monthly bonuses on top of hourly pay. Lots of hours and extra pay on premium shifts is an added bonus. There's peer training programs and incentives you can be a part of to help develop your own skills. The environment here is very friendly and there's always someone you can go to for help.
Pros
Lots of hours and extra bonuses
Cons
Difficult customers