Northbridge Financial Corporation

Northbridge Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Great People to Work with
Northbridge has a great vision and and strives towards that vision. The work is interesting and robust. I was exposed to many faucets of the business and learned a great deal along the way. The Executive team seems honest and they communicate well. One is skeptical if the concerns of the employees make their way to the Executive team. Great work life balance and most departments provide flexible hours or participate in work form home initiatives. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency in the company values, as employees feel there is an in-congruence between what is said and what is done. When Northbridge is willing to have open, honest dialogue with its employees within all departments about their challenges (as not all departments have this challenge), Northbridge will reach its full potential when their employees feel they are being heard. Many employees feel powerless and they are not afforded open dialogues with their supervisors to address these issues. Many seem to operate in a "Survival mode". The most enjoyable part of the job are your colleagues, they will become some of your closest friends.
Pros
Co-workers and long-term direction of the Company
Cons
Growth opportunities and honest dialogue
Great work environment, excellent team. Flexible hours. My technical and business skill sets were matched and recognized. I have good references from this company.
Agile Work Environment
Fast moving team, and a lot of leaders to learn from. Beautifully located in the heart of Toronto. Decent pay ( I was an intern). I am looking to come back!
A Balanced Work Environment
This organization is easy to navigate and committed to pressing forward with technology. The leadership is transparent and there is commitment to doing the right thing.
Supportive Environment
Experience in large program delivery is growing, and the company recognizes and wants to improve in this area. As a result, the environment is very supportive, and gets behind new ideas to improve delivery capabilities.
Pros
Approachable Leadership, Friendly Culture, Team Chemistry, Learning and Growing Skills Together
Cons
Inexperience can slow down progress
Bullying is ok or your contract is ended
Very unorganized PMP office which allows the business to run projects without much guidance. PMs and BA are not able to do the job they are hired for and if the PMs or BAs try to do their jobs their contracts are ended abruptly.
I was bullied and was not able to do my job
Pros
Great multicultural atmosphere
Cons
Business does not understand how a project runs
Client Service Focused as well as Employee Engagement
Typical day as I would venture to say at most careers, would be to review calendar, emails, tasks, etc before starting any day! From there, the beauty of Northbridge and my role, is that there is nearly an "a typical day at work". That's what makes it adventurous and engaging!!
Some really bad leaders ruining the culture.
Organization has gone through huge change in past 5 years but this is a very sluggish company it seems to take forever to implement change and change management discipline is really lacking. There are certain leaders that are ruining the culture and these leaders are being rewarded for bad behaviour by progressively being promoted - hopefully the senior executive team realizes the impact of their promotion decisions? These leaders are only focused on self promotion and are terrible people leaders. They spend too much time managing up rather than mentoring and coaching team. They create an environment of fear and the turnover is a sign of bad leadership. There are a number of promotions that have taken place over the past 2 - 3 that everyone just scratches their heads and wonders why these people are getting promoted because they definitely do not exhibit the corporate core values.

This could be a great place to work at but the bad apples are creating a terrible culture and not a pleasant place to work at.
Pros
Cons
Lack of leadership
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Northbridge Financial Corporation?
A lot of us/them attitudes.
Still some resentment from recent mergers - new blood is definitely necessary to bring some new thoughts, ideas and diversity into the company. Some management portray favouritisms that hinder healthy, productive team environment.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Flex time is unheard of
it was a positive experience overall
- provides good career development & learning opportunities
- awesome co-worker & friendly management team

- high stress, need to put in long hours

- pay is poor in comparison to other p&c insurance company, at least in the underwriting & claims function
Pros
people, learning opportunities
Cons
stress, low salary, system out of date
Good place to work very diverse culture
Diverse culture, Friendly atmosphere - worked on build of DW for a year on contract. Good set of folks to work with I had very smart and helpful team. Work life balance even for contractor was very good.
Company is o.k. but required too much overtime
Management covered its inefficiency with enormous unpaid required from employees.

The salary and benefits were compatible with the rest of the industry

Co-workers were hardworking (others would not survive), not necessary the smartest but overall pretty friendly.
Pros
Free taxi at midnight to home
Overall great expereiece during my 4 month contract work there
Responsible for Initiating, and managing, the development of the CEO’s calendar, by prioritizing and organizing internal and external stakeholders meetings, and resolve all conflicting requests.
Responsible for the preparation and coordination of presentation materials, including board and related committee meeting materials.

Able to compile, and complete, monthly corporate expenses, including cash expenses, and coding invoices as received from external suppliers.
Great people to work with, hard to advance in
I have amazing co-workers, not just in my department but in the company. There is a pretty strong corporate culture of people socializing and kindness. But there is little room to advance. I've known several very hard-working, driven individuals who left because they could not get ahead regardless of how much the did or how hard they work
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
difficult to advance/get promoted
Fun place to work and always new things to learn
It has been a thrill since I joined and continues to be a good working environment with fun people to work for.
Excellent place to work
Recently started here and the employees are intelligent and helpful. Great benefits, and great downtown location too.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northbridge Financial Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Northbridge Financial Corporation Reviews by Location