North York General Hospital Pay & Benefits reviews

no career advancements
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 May 2018
The staff is amazing in some units but unit politics still exists. Everyone is under so much pressure. The hospital continues to cut funding for the patient care units and expect nurses to work like animals. There is no appreciation for going out of your way. God forbid you do something the management does not approve of, you will forever be the underdog. Managers are non-supportive and favoritism exists everywhere. No career advancements regardless of how much time you put in. it's always about budgets. Benefits are horrible. Pay is at minimum. God forbid you get sick and have to take time off. That is considered a huge sin in book of NYGH. OCC health will haunt you for life.
Pros
the staff regardless of how horrible the management is
Cons
everything else
Kitchen duties
Health Management, Leslie and Sheppard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
I was a porter/general help. I time in when I first come in to work, put on an apron and go directly to the dish room because the job is not complete if I leave unclean items in there or if something isn't finished by the end of my 5 hour work period.

I learned that teamwork is important because complaints and complements can both effect your long Gevity there.

My co- workers were positive towards the work and other people. I could see myself working with those type of people a long time.

The hardest part is on Fridays when I used to have to do extra for example: clean the deep fryer and other kitchen items because its the end of the week and I would have to make everything clean for Monday.

Free Lunch there were different food restaurants I had could go to within the hospital.
Pros
Benefits: perscriptions drugs, dental, parking
Cons
Can't discuss work hours due to kitchen regulations.
I had good income.But no freedom.
Volunteer job (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 March 2015
My colleague were so nice.I had very good income in my back home.But as you know government controlled us all the time they did not care about abilities just care about what did you wear your hairs are cover or not,,did you pray or not and so forth as you know.
Provided the great opportunity of Radiography and CT scan and professional development.
Medical Radiation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2014
North york General Hospital a Leading employer and family environment workplace where i enjoyed challenging and rewarding carrier performing all radiography and CT(Non contrast Head) implementing proper procedures Health,Safety,and radiation protection to the patients with respect and dignity to their culture.It's an equal opportunity work place for everyone providing compensation and benefits to all employee including pension plan.
The challenging part of the job was balancing to treat emerge patients and perform CT examination of prior appointed patients at same time using the accountibility and experience with communication and team work with other staff with the great outcome.
Being an immigrant and english as a second language I had difficultyto understand the accent of the people at the begining so to cross that barrier I joined some language learning classes and it helped me to get throgh it.
Pros
Lunch and learn programs for professional development
Cons
Emerge patients hevy workflow and duties requested by the supervisor.
Super micro-management
NOT WANT TO REMEBER (Former Employee) –  GENERAL7 April 2014
TELLING Employees OF JOB CUT WHILE DOING UNNECESSARY AND COSTLY CHANGES LIKE CHANGE IN HOSPITAL SIGN, GIVING MANAGEMENT RAISE AND BONUSES.

Complete micromanagement.
Getting full-time job means they thing they own employee.
Non trustworthy mangers, speaks complete different behind your back.
Pros
good benefits, comparatively stable job
Cons
Unhealthy and stressful job culture, To increase productivity their subtle force to take short cuts

Want to know more about North York General Hospital?

Ask a question