North York General Hospital Employee Reviews

I am a holder of personal support worker certificate and at moment l work in a nursing home
I am working as a person support worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2019
I really like the idea about the way North York general hospital are operating in unit and understanding manner not letting any one the patient sufe
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
Old Culture, No Avenue for Advancements
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Within the department I am in, I am stagnant, have been for years.
This is also not what I want to do. I love working here but not my job.
The people are fantastic, my future here is not. I will miss you NYGH.
Productive and lot's of things to learn
STUDENT INTERN RN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
I learned a lot from the facility and nurses that I work with. I am happy I did my internship in that hospital. I would like to apply and work there and be part of the team that once taught me.
Excellent place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
NYGH is a very interesting place to work. It has a create patient centred culture and you feel as if you're taking care of patients with the best team by your side.
Good place to work,and provide care to our patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2018
Great Hospital to work,and happy to be part of this great place-hospital. Hospital with Philosophy of Patient-focused Care concept and principles and the mission and the Values of Nort York General Hospital
workplace culture
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
amazing people for a small hospital. love the people. i have been there for 3 years and the culture is great. patient centered care and proud to be a part of it.
Employees
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (EXTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 August 2018
The employees are friendly. They are approachable and easy to talk to about everything. If you are confused with your work you can easily talk to them and they are more than willing to help.
Supportive and Encouraging environment to work in.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Labour & Delivery12 August 2018
For a very busy work atmosphere, it still had compassionate and supportive approach to each and very day. When needed management gave a supportive hand and worked alongside us!
no career advancements
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 May 2018
The staff is amazing in some units but unit politics still exists. Everyone is under so much pressure. The hospital continues to cut funding for the patient care units and expect nurses to work like animals. There is no appreciation for going out of your way. God forbid you do something the management does not approve of, you will forever be the underdog. Managers are non-supportive and favoritism exists everywhere. No career advancements regardless of how much time you put in. it's always about budgets. Benefits are horrible. Pay is at minimum. God forbid you get sick and have to take time off. That is considered a huge sin in book of NYGH. OCC health will haunt you for life.
Pros
the staff regardless of how horrible the management is
Cons
everything else
Lowest paid hospital in GTA, but good work culture
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2018
NYGH is a great place to work... Recent changes have shifted dynamics to ++ patient centred cared... Amazing colleagues. Lowest paid hospital in GTA...
Like the location and everything
Coordinator, IS and Data management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
The working environment is nice, and most colleagues has been working there for a long time. The facility is at the best location in the city where it is close to hwy and subway stations.
Good place to work at
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
All the staff at this facility are respectful and understanding. Better to travel to this location by car rather than public transit as taking the bus requires you to walk for a bit.
The staff are all accomodating and very friendly.
Medical Office Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
it was indeed a priceless experience to be able to handle a busy day in a hospital as a medical secretary. with the help of the friendly and very accomodating staff, my whole experince at NYGH was amazing,
Engineering Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2018
This is a culture friendly space and open for innovative design to improve patient care. Everyone is helpful in their service. The benefits are also amazing.
Pros
Awesome Cafeteria!
co op placement for high school
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
count the tell before the shift
be at the cash register from 1-4
attend any calls in the gift shop
deliver any gifts given to the patients in the hospital from loved ones
Medical and Laboratory Professionals
Database Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
Great office workplace and friendly people. Easy to feel comfortable and productive. Able to help out in stressed areas to keep laboratory operation at peek performances.
Pros
group lunches and birthday parties
Good Experiences
Registered Practical Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
It was amazing experience to work in North York General Hospital. I done my placement there and staff is very helpful. The working environment is safe and I learnt so much there.
Stressfull work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 September 2017
On a typical day we were often short staffed and that made it hard to get through the day. Every one is supportive but the culture was not a great one. Work was often draining and coworkers did not often show teamwork.
Cons
short staff
Terrible place to work
MLT (Former Employee) –  Molecular lab29 August 2017
I worked in the molecular genetics lab. It was a work culture filled with bullying, harassment, and abuse. Management and human resources are aware of the issue but do nothing to help. Staff turn-over is very high. Do not work in the molecular lab at NYGH. The majority of the people working there are borderline psychotic, as all of the normal/decent people have left. It is the most abnormal and toxic work environment I have ever experienced.
Dynamic Workplace
Records and Registration Officer (Current Employee) –  North York, ON16 July 2017
The management is so friendly, they always listen to the opinion of staff! Your voice is definitely heard at this hospital. Not a day where I wake up and feel as if I do not want to go to work!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North York General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

North York General Hospital Reviews by Location