North York Community House Employee Review

View all North York Community House reviews

overall example of NYCH
NOW Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario 16 July 2013
North York Community House is a non-profit organization. It has a great management. We provide settlement services to newcomers in northwest Toronto. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you meet a lot of new people everyday and it is an ongoing learning experience. However, the downside of non-profit organizations are that there is less opportunity for you to grow professionally. For example, in the department that I am working, we are 35 people. We have two managers, one coordinator and one program administrator. So imagine, what are the possibility of someone becoming manager.
Pros
rewarding jobs
Cons
not a lot of opportunity for professionally growth

Other North York Community House Employee Reviews

Safe and Comfortable Workplace
Program Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2019
I enjoyed working with my colleagues at NYCH, everyone is kind and helpful. Also loved working in my position. Great work/life balance and compensation.
Wonderful for the community
Volunteer Experience (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
I volunteered there, and it seemed like a great place to work. The staff were very friendly and they offered a lot of different things for the people in Toronto.