North Shore Eye Associates

North Shore Eye Associates Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews

Excellent challenge of my Ophthalmic Skills

Working at North Shore Eye Associates on a part time basis was fulfilling as a great challenge for my Ophthalmic Technician skills. I thoroughly enjoyed my connection with patients, including history taking and counseling in preparation for cataract surgery. The workplace was fair but there wasn't a lot of potential for job advancement or security.

Pros

Broad use of Ophthalmic Technician skills

Cons

Little room for job advancement or educational opportunities

Amazing work environment

I have been working at NSEA for couple of months now and I love it. All the staff and management are super friendly. They go above and beyond to help each other. I have learned a lot and there is definitely opportunities to learn more and advance. I enjoy working at NSEA and would recommend it 100%.

Insights into North Shore Eye Associates

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Toxic Workplace

Management is abusive unless you're in the inner circle. Management plays favourites and supports bullying of other staff. Too many patients booked which causes stress for staff and patients alike. Many elderly patients waiting 3 hours or more is the norm. They only care about making money and how many patients they can push through in a day. Hire untrained staff, and cannot keep staff. Pay is on the lower end for this type of work. Do not work here!

Pros

Monday to Friday

Cons

Unexpected overtime and very poor management

Great work environment

I currently work at NSEA and I can honestly say this has been my favorite work place so far. Everyone here is very friendly and always willing to help others. I learned a lot about eyes and I know there's always opportunities to learn more. 10/10 would recommend working here!

Great opportunity to gain clinical experience in fast-paced environment

North Shore Eye Associates is a busy Ophthalmology clinic. They have excellent specialists, many of who take on very difficult patients. In combination with the high demand for these doctors, working conditions can be challenging at times. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast-paced environment. I highly recommend NSEA to anyone looking to pursue a career in healthcare. Work with the doctors, far more training is available than one might assume.

Pros

Excellent professionals to build foundations of a career around

Cons

overtime and unpredictability of hours

Rewarding work

Working at NSEA is fast paced but incredibly rewarding. It is a highly collaborative work environment with lots of opportunity for cross-training. This has allowed for significant personal growth and increased work experience. The most enjoyable aspect of working here is not only the patient interaction but also working alongside colleagues who are truly passionate about their work. The doctors here are kind and professional. They genuinely care about providing patients with the best care. It requires an individual to be detail oriented, have a high level of maturity, be an effective communicator, and a great multitasker.

Pros

Cross-training, benefits, great doctors

Great company to work for

Great work, helpful colleagues, supportive and enjoyable management/doctors. Overall a great place to learn and build new skills in the medical field. HB

Great work environment

As a long term employee, I really appreciate the flexibility I have at North Shore Eye Associates. The office can be very busy and there are definitely weeks that are busier than others. That said, I always feel management gives me the support and resources I need to be successful in my role. If you are a motivated self-starter you will do well here.

Fast paced work place

Lots of opportunity to learn in various areas (reception/technician). All the doctors are great to work with .The team and management is very good and easy to work with . Very fast paced, multitasking is highly needed.

Over worked and under paid

One of the most toxic places ive ever worked. This clinic places quantity of quality for everything. You see hundreds of patients that wait hours and hours to see a doctor because patients are always over booked. No one is happy working there and coworkers are always gossiping behind your back. Staff complains every single day about hating their job.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at North Shore Eye Associates?

Great learning environment

Learned so much and had such helpful people around me. Felt like I made a positive difference every day when coming to work. What a great and wonderful experience.

Awful Management. Patient Mill & Technician Mill

- Doctors don't care about patients or patient wait times - Management will make a quick decision if they like you or not - AWFUL CULTURE everyone seems depressed while working there. - Very repetitive job

Pros

If you are a med student applying for med school you will get a good letter of recommendation.

Cons

toxic culture

Worst work environment I've ever been in

With such a poor leadership, I have no idea how they expect to keep the business afloat. They have a hard time maintaining staff because they don't provide proper training yet expect you to know how to do everything after the first time. The senior staff make alot of mistakes yet never get in troube, but if you as a new employee make one, it's like the end of the world. There is a serious lack of proper management. You're scolded for making the slightest mistake, and never praised for going above and beyond. They have no loyalty to their employees, and let you know you're easily replaceable. There is no HR, and if you have a work related problem you can't even go to management because 1) often they are the cause of the problem, and 2) they can't be bothered with you and just send you away. It is very much a family run operation and there is an in crowd that can do whatever they want, and a out crowd who no matter how hardworking they are always gets the short end of the stick. It's not a professional environment to work at, management talks down to staff, everyone gossips, and people constantly throw you under the bus. Not only do they not treat their staff well, they aren't even respectful of their patients. They schedule patients back to back and often make them wait for upto 3 hours in the waiting room, and no one (as in the doctors or management ) cares, and often blame the receptionist for poorly managing their schedules (while they're the ones who want it like that ). This has been the most toxic work environment I've ever been in.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, no room for advancement, long hours and constant overtime without warning, and the people are fake

Toxic environment

Work environment in general was toxic. Management is quick to point fingers but completely useless in their approach to manage and train employees. Hostile coworkers are not fairly dealt with by management and any input falls on deaf ears. Well-adjusted employees are happier working some place else with a healthier work culture.

Cons

Poor management, unpredictable hours, toxic work environment

this is a patient mill

The testing equipment is obsolete. The patients are elderly and require a lot of extra attention. The doctors are really just running a mill with very little business sense. You are micromanaged, and the atmosphere is very similar to high school. Big turnover of staff.

Pros

Monday to Friday

Cons

the culture in general is toxic

Very busy, and costumer/ patient orientated. Micro Managed.

great patients. diagnostic pretesting chart updating. work alone as well in a team environment micro management. dealing mostly with elderly must go above and beyond and stay later then scheduled

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Shore Eye Associates. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement