NORTH EDMONTON KIA

NORTH EDMONTON KIA Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Was suppose to receive training for a full month but it only lasted for two weeks. I was completely new to the field and didn't receive enough training when it comes to making cold calls. This is a very slow dealership and would be lucky if you saw more than 3 potential customers come through the doors.
Pros
Free lunch on saturdays
Cons
Long Days Bad managers
Over promise and totally under deliver! The place need a management team that supports there staff and doesn’t beat them up! Even the management team needs support from the GM that is there. I would recommend selling furniture at the Brick before working for that back stabbing GM! Nothing good to say at all so I’ll stop now!
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Yes they are Cons
They would work you to the bone here. Work up to 12 days straight then get every SECOND Friday, and Sunday off. Make you work about three 12 hour shifts a week with no overtime. Whenever there would be an issue with my paycheck they would play dumb, or do absolutely nothing about it. The very reason why I left.
My first few days felt a bit hectic and everyone was frantic.. But there's always an adjustment period and then it feels like routine. Employees get used to you and vice versa. Further into employment, I noticed that sales people had dropped like flies and all flocked to the same dealership after complaining about wages/missing commission on their cheques. Technicians pump out garbage repairs to be so high maintenance and picky with what work they will and won't do. Ex: Apprentice technician is on break and there's someone waiting in the lounge for their car's first oil change... a 35 minute job on a BAD day. And because of the diva technicians, us advisors end up with terrible customer surveys and no bonuses, if the management is even offering bonuses anymore... The dealer principal was misogynistic and purposely emailed the entire service department that he thought I was useless and a liability.. 99% sure not an accident (mind you I was less than a month on the job, so not a full month of work to set exact expectations and sales goals) And only to work my a** off, somehow become the only advisor and then to have the entire department restaffed. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy apply here. Also, the customers are driving around in garbage vehicles thinking they own a piece of luxury - get real.
Lots of potential to move up. Started in the internet department and was quickly moved into sales management. Ownership is strong and hands on. Hours are very high and turn over is there, but the team is solid and the culture is growing to a healthy place.
Super high turnover rate, grossly incompetant mangement that constantly rips its employees off. NO training, whole place is run by kids with very little experience
Friendly staff and customers, I have enjoyed working here. The management team is very passionate about the job. Would consider this to be a home like atmosphere. If your very dedicated to the job this is for you.
Pros
Everyone seems to pull the rope in the same direction
Cons
Long hours to get started
I very much enjoyed my time working at Kia, although a fast paced and high stress position over all it was great. Tons of fun corporate events.Management was always amazing and I made great friends with everyone who works there. Great team environment with deserved recognition, promotions and raises. It's sad that the reason I ended up leaving was the new manager that came in.
Pros
Saturday lunches
Cons
High stress
- Cold Calls - Costumer Service - Product Knowledge - Use of Excel and Word - Promoting sales - Explaining various finance options to clients - Demonstrating products - Writing up numbers and bills