North Cariboo Air

North Cariboo Air Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Ownership was understanding a supportive. Embarrassed team culture and can do attitude. Most enjoyed the company events and parties. Everyone was like family and wanted everyone to succeed.
Great Company to work for with fun and responsible people! Good benefits and standard salaries for the industry in the north. Would work for them any time!
I thoroughly enjoyed working with North Cariboo Air. I received a lot of training and enjoyed my team, Unfortunately was laid off, I would have stayed forever.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Laid off
management is relaxed, quick turnover for department heads so no one really tries to improve a department they want to leave pretty quick
no real reason to stay if you want to move up quick in maintenance at the moment

overall a great place to work if you wish to learn more about the inner workings of a real and professional airline
Pros
free crew meals, supportive work environment, safe
Cons
management is slow to get things done
Most of the people that I got to work with were amazing people and worked very hard. There does seem to be a bit of a disconnect between management and the people working under them. This place took a hard hit when the economy in Alberta slowed down
This company was a great company to start out with when getting into aviation. I would recommend to anyone starting in the industry. I learnt so much from NCA
Cariboo has proven time and again that they can weather a storm. It's more Reactive than I'd prefer, but charter is a very dynamic and demanding business. Solid core team with the usual turnover of the rest. Many see it as a stepping stone. Aircraft are well cared for. People are too. Still one of the best paying AME gigs.
Pros
Flexibility and freedom
Cons
Mostly nights.
Average for charter industry. Mostly services oil and gas. Co-workers are great. Lots of opportunity to learn new skills.
The job helped me learn how to maneuver big tow trucks and tractors and aircraft. The coworkers are amazing and they helped me a lot.
The company knows how to hire the right people. It was a fun and energetic place to work. Great place to get a jump start. Very safe aircraft and great service.
Looking for a place that cares for its employees, look no further. Every day is challenging and no day is the same. My co-workes were amazing.
Arriving at the location and reviewing previous incident sheets from other security guards. Patrolling the interior and exterior of the location periodically and securing the building after business hours.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Great family culture, great hours and salary. Friendly staff and east to talk to management. Was blessed with a very good team of people to work with - all had the same sort of work ethic and team spirit.

Typical day was basically working through a checklist of tasks, monitoring email requests and replying to them, and answering and phone calls that came in. Also coordinated with contractors. Answering customer service questions. Booking group flights. Dealing with lost luggage claims.
NCA is by far one of the best companies that i've worked for, as an apprentice. i highly recommend them, and would love to work for them in the future, again.
Pros
diverse fleet, uniforms, salary
Cons
graveyard shifts, some passive aggressive behaviors among staff
fun place to work, great employees. great start to begin a flight attendant career
Great employer, awesome co workers, great benefits. Line maintenance, management ok.
working with clients and colleuges on a daily basis to fulfill travel needs
Pros
lots of interaction with clients
Cons
on call
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Cariboo Air. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2