North Bay Regional Health Centre Employee Reviews

Good
Nipissing University Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON23 March 2019
As I was just a student, I was not exposed to what full-time workers would experience. However, as a student, I found that I gained a lot of beneficial experiences!
Good staff
RPN (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON31 January 2019
Enjoyed working there. Most staff very nice and helpful. Did encounter bullying by another RPN.....nothing was done even though bullying is apparently wrong there. No permanent positions. All temporary part time work. They hire then lay off, hire then lay off again. I got poor hours and very few call ins.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor hours. Bullying
Opportunities are there
Purchasing Clerk (Junior Buyer) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON7 January 2019
Opportunities are there if you want to pursue. There can be advancement but it is mostly a work driven environment. Staff can be very friendly and helpful.
Pros
The benefits are very good.
Cons
Overwork in many areas, underappreciated.
great
Part Time Pharmaceutical Assistant/ Technician (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 October 2018
It was great working for a hospital! Close to home, flexible schedule. Worked a lot of weekends, which sometimes is not always ideal, but made it work. Would love to go back.
Great Place
Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Bay1 October 2018
Worked there for 6 years. Highly structured, busy. Great place. Would recommend it. The only lab in the city, and I got specialized training here. I would recommend.
great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON3 September 2018
A typical day would be receiving report from previous shift followed by meeting with the Multidisciplinary Team to review current patients specific needs or issues for the day.
Maintaining a patient assignment, administering any care required, including medications. Overseeing all patients and staff on unit to ensure quality care and assisting as needed.
I enjoyed patient interactions and assisting them to have the best experience and teaching and assisting with discharge planning.
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
my family was not in North Bay and I wanted to be closer to them
Great Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 August 2018
If you want to go into the social sciences, medicine or mental health field you should consider volunteering at this hospital. You make your own schedule, have first-hand experience with patients, doctors and nurses, and the volunteer department is always there to help. They set up sessions and meet up with doctors solely for the benefit of their volunteers. Great place to volunteer hands down.
Pros
Gaining experience
Cons
Odd shifts
Emergency Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON7 August 2018
I had to relocate and leave my clerical job of 7 years and I will miss it so much! Such a great team! I have never worked in a department where everyone has your back and is willing to help and support each other the way the staff in the emergency department does. I will miss my ER family very much!
Enjoyed my time there
Water Jug Delivery Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 July 2018
I loved the hours, and I loved the patients. For the most part everyone was really nice, however, when I went into some rooms they would tell me they have been ringing for a nurse for a couple minutes now (some even over 10 minutes) and never got one. When I would go to the desk to address this issue the nurses seemed annoyed with having to do their job and would often just ignore me after I told them.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Rude nurses
Great work enviroment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON1 May 2018
Great work environment and staff. Worked in support services for several years and just loved it. The staff and management were awesome to work with and the hospital is designed well.
challenging
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON24 October 2017
12-hr shifts doing patient care: assessments, intervention, working with the doctors and the patient's families, and reviewing overall outcomes. Directly applying skills for complex patient medical concerns.

As the Charge Nurse, I was responsible for running a 20-bed unit with 3 other nursing team members.
it was a good placement
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON12 October 2017
I really enjoyed my placement here. All of the staff were friendly and kind and willing to answer questions about the job. The parking was a little expensive as a down side.
n/a
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON6 September 2017
Excellent, love working there. People are very compassionate. Love the direction the hospital is going. Supports all patients that are there. Follow the mission statement to a T.
some great co-workers
Diagnostic Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 August 2017
Always busy. Great manager of our department. Great paying job but always concerns of job cuts hovering over our heads. Some great co-workers but like anywhere, there are always those you have to carry the workload for.
Pros
busy, great manager
Cons
hospital cuts
Great Place to Work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 May 2017
I loved all the people I worked with they were fantastic. They pay is amazing for part time work. And the management was very easy going and reliable. I wish I never had to leave to be honest.
Pros
Great People, Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Clean environment to work in.
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON19 April 2017
Large, beautiful hospital, yet small enough to know your staff and work interchangeably. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .. . . . .. .. . . . . . . .
Fast Paced Work Environment
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 February 2017
If you enjoy a daily challenge and meeting the health care needs of a variety of patients then this is the place to work. A place to work that provides a variety of positions in a brand new facility.
Pros
Brand new work space
Cons
Mostly Part time work
It's an overall great place to work. Just a little scary with budget cuts.
Staffing Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON17 November 2016
It's an overall good place to work.
How to replace staff wend someone call in sick. Union rules for different union. How to communicate with managers.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard to get full time employment
best option for location
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 August 2016
This is the ideal job for any regulated pharmacy technician in the area. Good pay decent hours. plenty of learning opportunities the only down side is lack of job security due to cutbacks and little chance of full time employment
Moral and Positive Thinking
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 June 2016
Going in I try to be positive but as the day progresses I realize that hospital care is surely not what it use to be. I learned that positive thinking is key to positive changes . Management on the other hand goes without being said! Co-workers are great to work with most days but the hardest part of the job would be being with a patient who has just been diagnosed with a terminal disease. I enjoy every aspect of my job and there is nothing I wouldn't do to receive a smile or a thank-you from my patients this is what makes my job so very rewarding.
Pros
Nurses team work
Cons
Shortage of nurses