North Bay Regional Health Centre

North Bay Regional Health Centre Employee Reviews

Fast paced.

Health care is never easy but NBRHC was such an enriching place to work. From management to co-workers to patients, NBRHC was my favourite career choice thus far.

Not for long term employment

After spending several years here this is one of the worst places I have ever worked. The management is incredibly poor. In unionized departments it's nearly impossible to get fired for being incompetent which gives little incentive to hard working individuals. You will be worked harder than a slave and given very little recognition for it. I have been blocked from advancement into other departments without being given any valid reasons despite having the qualifications. Some unions are practically useless in challenging management and can do nothing about the "management has the right to manage" clause which seems to be the ultimate overriding clause that can be used at any time for any reason. This gives absolute control to management and removes the illusion that you are somehow protected by the union. The worst part about the whole experience is that if you ever get sick for an extended period of time you'll have to deal with an insurance company who's sole purpose is to deny claims and save money. You'll be harassed on a daily basis by the insurance group asking you to come back to work and that's assuming that one of the RPN's who works for them accepts your physician's assessment. When you get sick you are treated worse than the patients you are expected to provide care for. This is not an environment where you can challenge or even question management's direction or decisions despite their claims that it is "a safe place" to voice your concerns. I've witnessed a co-worker get reprimanded 10 minutes after those exact words were used for simply voicing her opinion. The -

Excellent student placement oppourtunity.

Completed a preceptorship placement that fully prepared me for the real work life environment. The staff were very accommodating and facilitated a healthy learning experience.

Rewarding

Great place to work, rewarding and challenging. Workplace environment was good co-workers were excellent to work with. Education and support were always offered.

Fast pace eventful but rewarding

I have enjoyed being a nurse and all the opportunities I have had at the NBRHC. I have meet great people, have had bad/good adventures/memories/shifts and learning experience. Being a nurse is my passion, I will always continue my journey to its fullest. I wouldn't be the nurse I am without my pass experiences and opportunities. Thankfull for being part of this team.

Great team environment

Management and coworkers are great to work with, accomodating and friendly. Great learning environment and helpful staff. Most enjoyable part of the job is watching patients get better.

good but not the greatest

poorly staffed and managed Not much managerial support, team environment love my coworkers, minus a few the hospital would benefit from more funding and better staff to patient ratio.

Great teamwork

Fun, hardworking team. I think just like any facility, sick calls and staff shortage is always an issue. Some days, breaks are harder to take but staff work together and provide relied in order for breaks to be possible.

CEO is bully

Staff are the only thing that keep this BUSINESS running management will walk people out for no reason except they tell the truth CEO is a tyrant who believes in a bully ridden environment of threatening staff and watches everyone on FACEBOOK even admitted to it during an investigation that had NATIONAL coverage. He supports managers who are biggest and Racists and discriminatory work culture built on fear and mistrust one of the worst employers according to CRA , broken every Labour law and criminal law there is none to man and They will stop at nothing to hide this fact

Pros

unionized staff

Cons

the whole management team

Placement

I was a student doing preceptorship of this facility so this is difficult to respond to as I never received a wage nor had a real concept of what it was like to work here. Nursing staff were friendly, hard working and attentive.

Jobs at North Bay Regional Health Centre

See more jobs

Not the best experience in the laboratory

Laboratory experience was not positive - Hostile work environment - Stressful work environment due to management - Inconsistent schedules - Short staffed

I almost got the perfect job today

I Heard about indeed through my daughter so I decided to check it out and almost found the perfect job for me today. I would recommend in deed to anyone and keep up the good work.

Best work environment

I have been nursing for almost 10 years. The notch is the most positive and healthy work environment I’ve ever seen.

Fun place to work

Awesome place to work with great wages, great employees and everyone is working to achieve a common goal. Management is typically very open minded and willing to accommodate and educate as the position of an ACO is stressful with lots of unique circumstances that happen outside of everyday “routine.” No two days are ever the same and the interaction with other agencies and relationships among other hospital departments is fairly good.

Pros

Great coworkers, events and activities to participate in

Cons

Policies always changing every day, hard to keep up with

Good

As I was just a student, I was not exposed to what full-time workers would experience. However, as a student, I found that I gained a lot of beneficial experiences!

Good staff

Enjoyed working there. Most staff very nice and helpful. Did encounter bullying by another RPN.....nothing was done even though bullying is apparently wrong there. No permanent positions. All temporary part time work. They hire then lay off, hire then lay off again. I got poor hours and very few call ins.

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Poor hours. Bullying

Opportunities are there

Opportunities are there if you want to pursue. There can be advancement but it is mostly a work driven environment. Staff can be very friendly and helpful.

Pros

The benefits are very good.

Cons

Overwork in many areas, underappreciated.

great

It was great working for a hospital! Close to home, flexible schedule. Worked a lot of weekends, which sometimes is not always ideal, but made it work. Would love to go back.

Great Place

Worked there for 6 years. Highly structured, busy. Great place. Would recommend it. The only lab in the city, and I got specialized training here. I would recommend.

great learning environment

A typical day would be receiving report from previous shift followed by meeting with the Multidisciplinary Team to review current patients specific needs or issues for the day. Maintaining a patient assignment, administering any care required, including medications. Overseeing all patients and staff on unit to ensure quality care and assisting as needed. I enjoyed patient interactions and assisting them to have the best experience and teaching and assisting with discharge planning.

Pros

enjoyable work environment

Cons

my family was not in North Bay and I wanted to be closer to them

Great Volunteer Opportunity

If you want to go into the social sciences, medicine or mental health field you should consider volunteering at this hospital. You make your own schedule, have first-hand experience with patients, doctors and nurses, and the volunteer department is always there to help. They set up sessions and meet up with doctors solely for the benefit of their volunteers. Great place to volunteer hands down.

Pros

Gaining experience

Cons

Odd shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Bay Regional Health Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement