North American Construction Group

North American Construction Group Pay & benefits reviews

Canada165 reviews
Decent place to work was laid off unexpectedly due to Covid. Was Promised on going contract and laid off 2.5 months later. Was upsetting as I left a decent job to go there. Very displeased with OE955 Union. They claim that you will be a member within 3 months but they do anything and everything in their power to stall and delay membership. I met all requirements in April nd still fighting for benefits 6 weeks later
requirements 2
Very low morale.The managers don't care about the employees. Would not recommend working here.Don't want to discuss or fix issues and constantly taking away benefits and wages
110% great company to work for,the only downfall is having to live in Fort McMurray.Would reccomend to to anyone who likes to live in the area.Good atmosphere to work in.
Most supervisors are good 1 bad One
Upper management poor and are always looking to find blame just like trump

No one is happy working there it’s just a job they cut your rates and you have to travel 45 min from the gate on your own time This adds 2 hrs 20 min to your day unpaid turn over is high
If you're looking for a fast pace of work and good pay, then this is it. Good foremen to work with. If your skill level is good enough, they don't micro manage you.
We ran a 14/7 schedule with camp.. the rotation isn’t for everyone but I loved it. Great way to make money.
Supervisors were great, with an odd one out here and there but that is to be expected. Good iron, good mechanics 100% recommend this company
Good pay, good people, work hours are long, sometimes camp stay, usually shift work, working for North American but under a general contractor such as syncrude or Suncor.
Good company to work for .great company to get experience.the money is good but they reduced our pay and promised to up our pay which we never received.
A good company to work for when I was with them, most supervisors where very good to work with. Wages where good but I'm not sure how they are now, also when I was employed with them camp was provided
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Away from home
This was a great experience. I highly recommend this company especially under the new senior management. I would work again with NACG if my career aligned with my desired quality of life.
Pros
Skill development, salary, teamwork
Cons
Some resistance to collaboration
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at North American Construction Group?
Listen to the guys that were moving dirt while you were still peeing your pants. Stop the favouritism.... quit catering to the cute women. Talk to your employees instead of at them.
Hire some physical trainers to actually teach your green employees how to do the job you want them to do. ..... And pay your employees the proper wages and pay scale that Is dictated by law.
Pros
You get the time off that you need
Cons
Not following the pay scale dictated by law, I.e. Not getting paid overtime after 8, not getting paid for 12 hours .
I was the best operator any of the supervisors that I worked under had ever seen but at the end of the day you are just a number. Wish I could’ve had a life long career here but I was short less than 15 hours on the probation period for the union when they did cuts and I got sent home. Tried talking to the supervisors and managers but they just said there is nothing they can do.
Pros
Its union
Cons
Unpaid travel time
Good people to work with, schedule was constantly changing. Pay was average. No camp and no flights. Older high hour equipment but it was well maintained.
Hey my name is R A and I had a good time at my job site I left in a hurry for personal reasons but this was a good place to work. Close to home easy to gain experience and move up for green horns I had fun and have no regrets
Pros
Fun to help
Cons
Low pay at some jobsites
good company to work for except they have a love of contractors and dont pay their actual employees the best it seems a little backwards that they pay a lot extra for the contractors
Stuck in the past with a bullying management if you don't go with the status quo . Pay and benefits are good . Work life balance is out to lunch with no options
Some good supervision unfortunately they work for a company that does not care about employees at all, on site for over 12 hours paid 11.5 not including the unpaid hour travel each way. Pay union dues for a union that does absolutely nothing. Zero moral within the crew, very bad environment.
Hire new people with zero industry experience and give minimal training then wonder why they cannot go a week without a major incident, safety staff is non existent.

Work the schedule and shift change days to give employees minimal overtime.

Absolute garbage equipment because mantenamce department is severely understaffed because they can't hire people.

Unbelievable turnover rate for a reason.....
Pros
Free water
Cons
Not enough room in this column for the cons
worked there for a summer flying in and out, work hard make a descent cheque. paid the bills
Great CEO and superintendent staff
Good knowledge

Great mentoship

Apprenticeships

GREAT PAY

great work / life balance

Good operators

Syncrude base Muskeg seasons
Pros
GREAT pay
Cons
I learned more in 2 months at NACG than most of the rest of my career. Great projects, good leadership. The compensation for remote locations was good.
It was a position with deadlines and accuracy, in saying that it was a good job to have. I learned a lot of data entry and email correspondence with clients. I enjoyed working the people there had a really good name for myself with our clients which made me proud of the work I was doing for the company.

Some of the deadlines were very hard to accomplish so some of us girls had to come in early and try to catch up before the net day started or we would take work home at the end of the day.
Pros
longweekend we got to go home early
Cons
salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Construction Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9