North American Construction Group

North American Construction Group Employee Reviews

Canada163 reviews
Decent Place
Decent place to work was laid off unexpectedly due to Covid. Was Promised on going contract and laid off 2.5 months later. Was upsetting as I left a decent job to go there. Very displeased with OE955 Union. They claim that you will be a member within 3 months but they do anything and everything in their power to stall and delay membership. I met all requirements in April nd still fighting for benefits 6 weeks later
requirements 2
Work
Great place great co workers great equipment good balance of work and home time
Able to advance

Lots of knowledgeable people

Great work atmosphere and great people
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Great workplace
110% great company to work for,the only downfall is having to live in Fort McMurray.Would reccomend to to anyone who likes to live in the area.Good atmosphere to work in.
Excellent Place to Work
EXCELLENT Coworkers
Excellent Management

Excellent Training

Good Shifts

Lots of Opportunity For Equipment Training

Safe Work Practices and Procedures
Don't do it unless you have to
I guess it's alright if you really need the work. You won't be recognized unless your in with the "cool kids", which is alright if you just wanna show up for a paycheck. It was hard to make any kind of advancement amongst all the super truckers and know it alls. Management doesn't want to hear what anyone has to say. And the union is a joke.
They only care about the bottom line
Most supervisors are good 1 bad One
Upper management poor and are always looking to find blame just like trump

No one is happy working there it’s just a job they cut your rates and you have to travel 45 min from the gate on your own time This adds 2 hrs 20 min to your day unpaid turn over is high
Good people to work for
If you're looking for a fast pace of work and good pay, then this is it. Good foremen to work with. If your skill level is good enough, they don't micro manage you.
Excellent people to work for
Great team management makes for a great team really enjoyed working there! Like every job you run into people you don’t get along with but the management was excellent
Diverse working opportunities
Management provided proper instruction and mentorship to develop in the work field.
Had multiple opportunities to expand my skills in various types of work.

Were very open to discussions on time off and additional personal time
Good company, good people
We ran a 14/7 schedule with camp.. the rotation isn’t for everyone but I loved it. Great way to make money.
Supervisors were great, with an odd one out here and there but that is to be expected. Good iron, good mechanics 100% recommend this company
Big company, so supervisors vary, but good all around.
Good pay, good people, work hours are long, sometimes camp stay, usually shift work, working for North American but under a general contractor such as syncrude or Suncor.
Dedicated workers
Worked at 2 different sites with the company, and worked with a great number of qualified and dedicated workers and management. Made a large number of friends at I will know for life.
Clean well maintaind equipment
Most of the foremen are really good to work for. The approach to safety is quite high. They are willing to train you one a verity of equipment. Very understanding with time off due to personal issues.
Good company to work for
Incident free in the 3 years that I have worked for NACG. Always on time for work and never missed any days. Directions are easily followed and use common sense in my work areas
Safe fun place to work
Safe fun place to work. Flexibility and good breaks Good support from supervisors Company provides parts and tools in a timely manner. Provide your own basic tools.
Good company to work for
I enjoyed working at North American Construction They treated staff fairly, were reasonable people to deal with. Hiring process was simple and they gave good instructions as to their expectations I made a safety mistake and was fired on the spot though wish they would have given me a second chance
Safe Work and Productive Company
Supervisors and co-workers are friendly and understanding. The supervisors are very pro-active and stay two steps ahead. A typical work day was 12 hours long with the 2 hour commute, there were co-workers who would car pool.
Good experience
Good company to work for .great company to get experience.the money is good but they reduced our pay and promised to up our pay which we never received.
Disappointment all around
Once I got on site I was told I had a different job than I had accepted. I had applied and accepted a job as a shop apprentice. Found myself on a field crew with guys who were contractors. No service truck so they tried putting me with the contractors, they weren't interested in having someone in there truck with them. Terrible experience. Was used as a laborer most days.
NA construction
A good company to work for when I was with them, most supervisors where very good to work with. Wages where good but I'm not sure how they are now, also when I was employed with them camp was provided
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Away from home
Avoid this sweatshop type atmosphere
This company talks a big game on the phone. Then when you get to site you realize you have been fooled. They only pay 11.5 hr days even though you are in camp away from home. NO OT unless you work days off. Union gets a $600 initiation fee then monthly dues and they DO NOTHING, they do not back you, fight for you etc. Just one giant scam.

The place is cheap, dont expect good coveralls, ppe etc.

Equipment is junk for the most part, some new pieces but it wont be long before that gets run down like everything else.

I was at Kearl and that place is like jail, the food is disgusting even for camp. The camp is dirty, rooms are gross, ALWAYS check your bed, I open the sheets and there is hair, used toothpicks etc.

It is a 45min drive to site and 45 min back to camp unpaid as well.

This place has the highest turnover rate of employees I have ever seen.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Construction Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9