North American Construction Group Employee Reviews

systematic
Turnover Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
Create logs for reports and letters from clients and to clients.
Archive and maintain updated information of all documents.
strengthen relation with clients.
Career growth
Planning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 April 2018
This was my 1st job in North America, project manager greatly helped me in understanding Canadian work procedures, codes and regulations. Staff was very easy going and always cooperative.
nothing bad to say about this company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 April 2018
this has to be the best place i have every worked. the management is on top of everything and they know what they are doing. always willing to give a helping hand when you needs it
Great Atmosphere
General Labourer/Haul Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Fording River Mine, Elkford BC3 April 2018
Great company to work for, they encourage advancement within and are more than willing to help out when needed. Because it is contract work, the job stability is based on work offered for the company itself, but they are positive in attempting to relocate you to other work when needed. Depending on the work schedule, it may not be for everyone, I worked 7days, 7 nights and had 14 days off but the work schedule of 14 on left me feeling like i missed half a month and was cut off from the rest of the world due to long work days and family duties. Not the ideal work schedule for a family oriented person who wants to be active daily in their families lives. But all in all a great company to work for if you are interested in the mining industry.
Very good company
Journeyman Plumber (Former Employee) –  Ontario3 April 2018
I really enjoyed the project of the St.Paul water treatment plant and it was a very awesome learning and building experience.I would really enjoy working for NAC again.
Pros
well organized
dont trust
Haul Truck Driver, Hoe Operator (Current Employee) –  elkford b.c.26 March 2018
never would have left my previous job. tiold me work for 3 months and another year contract. got 2 1/2 weeks then got laid off and no contract coming till next year. not impressed
Good group of people.
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 March 2018
As you might expect this is a large construction company that is involved mainly in moving dirt. Lots of fairly new equipment, good safety culture and they seem to have lots of work scheduled for the next few years but you will still have to deal with occasional lay-offs.
Excellent safety culture and management was easy to talk to and were very approachable
Dozer Operator (Current Employee) –  Logan Lake, BC3 March 2018
Very good safety culture and displayed a willingness to develop relationships with the operators and rely on their experience to ensure jobs were well done
fun place to work with early fridays and events
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2018
It was a position with deadlines and accuracy, in saying that it was a good job to have. I learned a lot of data entry and email correspondence with clients. I enjoyed working the people there had a really good name for myself with our clients which made me proud of the work I was doing for the company.

Some of the deadlines were very hard to accomplish so some of us girls had to come in early and try to catch up before the net day started or we would take work home at the end of the day.
Pros
longweekend we got to go home early
Cons
salary
good work and gear
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 February 2018
Most raciest bunch i have ever seen only herd of it but didn't believe it till i saw it first hand good buddy system at its finest they talk the safety walk but don't follow it..
Good Work Place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 January 2018
Difficult to form an opinion based on approximately two months of work before getting laid off as labourer. I appreciated the work and having transportation provided to the work site each work day.
not a bad place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 January 2018
not bad place but not great, very numbers oriented, lack of appreciation for the actual worker and not much job security. unexpected lay offs at any time
Productive and Fun place
Foreman/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 January 2018
I cant say enough about this company, it is an awesome place to learn and develop as a person as well as a worker. Plenty of opportunity for growth within the company. Family atmosphere.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Quite possibly the best place I ever worked
Operations Training Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 January 2018
A solid company, built on a top down management process that thrived well. A very well organized company that gave folks lots of chances to advance and in addition learn new skills.
Pros
Great systems
Meh
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elkford, BC20 December 2017
All right some misfits throughout good people younger crowd and as the projects complete people jump ship leaving everyone to pick up the slack. Good for a short time not a long time
Typical employer
Serviceman (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 December 2017
Wouldnt complain, they treat reliable dedicated employes well, but at the end of the day you're jist a number to them. They call themselves an equal opportunity employer but it seems an apprenticeship is near impossible to get.
Pros
Fair treatment
Cons
Low pay for oil sands jobs
Competent workforce and reliable civil execution
Project Coordinator / Technical Services Mgr (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2017
Company went public some years ago and the culture changed drastically when that happened. Shareholder value trumped sound construction practices. I exited the company not long after. Can't say what it's like to work there now.
Great Place to work
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 November 2017
Great place to work, Most co workers were friendly, managers truly care about safety and have daily meetings to make sure everyone is in the right state of mind before going to work. overall it was a good experience and a good place to advance your career.
good equipmernt. Decent company to work for
Operator water truck/Loader operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 November 2017
Job was good butn didn't last very long. wages were good. The people I worked with were good.Management were decent for the most part. the shift was also decent.
Pros
money was good. hours were good
Cons
job didnt last long
Excellent
Senior Regional HSE Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 November 2017
North American was a great place to gain experience in heavy mining. Learning to work effectively with the diverse personalities was challenging but serves me to this day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North American Construction Group. Our community is ready to answer.

North American Construction Group Reviews by Location