Norris Bakery Employee Reviews

Bakery Assistant
Bakery Assistant and Pastry Finisher (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2018
For the love of all things good, avoid working here if you are a professional. Was given a verbal agreement that I was to be paid more than minimum- guess what showed up on my paycheck? minimum.

On top of the owner trying to use mouldy fillings in pastries, the work environment full of gossipy and angry older women who feel trapped by their jobs, and the puddles everywhere (these people wouldnt know what a wet floor sign is if it hit them in the face) this job is NOT worth minimum.

Only lasted as long as I did because I love pastry and weekends off- its NOT WORTH IT. Steer clear of Norris! Do it for me!
Pros
I love working with pastry
Cons
8-4, five days a week.. is part time? Yeah ok.
Fun place to work
Baker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 September 2017
very friendly environment
easy going workplace
hands on work
learned a lot of baking
met new friendly people there
was fun to come to work every shift
Best job i have ever had.
Kitchen Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 March 2017
this job is fantastic. as a student i worked in the company for almost 6 years. the boss cared, my co workers where awesome and energetic. the enviornment was fast paced and thats what made this job amazing
bad work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 October 2015
very rude employees, would talk to me like i was unintelligent, poor management, immature middle aged co workers, they are not a "team" they back stab their employees
Pros
good discounts for family members, Free food
Cons
Poor management, Lack of communication
Fast paced workplace with many different responsibilities
Customer Service Representative/Bakers Assist. (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 January 2014
A very fast paced workplace with no advancement opportunities. A typical day at work for me would include but not limit to opening the store, preparing orders, answering phone, sales and service, making products.
I am very good at multi tasking and prioritizing which is very important in this job.
Pros
day time/ no weekend hours
Cons
no advancement opportunities