NorQuest College

NorQuest College Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews

Insights into NorQuest College

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Mixed bag

On the plus side my peers are generally great and I love my team. The mission of the college is great.On the negative side executive are a mixed bag. Some are great. Others are very untrustworthy and look out for themselves instead of others. Poor performers who lie or kiss the right executive bottoms are allowed to continue doing what they always do as long as they remember to pucker up. Nobody's fooled and nobody speaks up.

Horrible

I would not recommend working there, stab you in the back, vicious environment. No support for their workers. They just want to send students through and get their money. Don't care about producing competent, knowledgeable nurses.

Cons

Poor pay, no support, back stabbing, favoritism, more work than you think, don't back you when having to discipline!

A lot of hype about diversity but audit on executive needed

A lot of talk about anti-racism and diversity. Audit of executive and upper management would reveal what staff already know, a true lack of diversity.Real lack of internal opportunities for existing employees. People promoted into positions not advertised anywhere? Meanwhile hardest working staff are overlooked for promotions and told no opportunities coming. No consideration for employees with children, those without children receive promotions. Bias.

Pros

Work from home, good benefits

Cons

Strong arming of union during negotiations, those with seniority overlooked for advancement, managers with no experience and people skills have no business being in positions of power

Finding ways forward with compassion and courage.

Always able to identify how we are working towards both personal and company goals. We is greater than they, overall collaboration, and contributions from all areas make it successful.

Be careful

I loves my job. I loved my students. I loved knowing that I worked hard for the success of someone's future. As much as the college promoted all of this to their employees and promote team work and "we are here for the students:, it is not always true. Money is first - Students second - employees are just a number and easily replaced. Communication between management and employees is very poor. I watched so many employees leave because of management refused to hear what employees have to say.

Interesting and stressful place to work

Ever changing management and the expectations of working extraordinarily long hours Learning _re learning course curriculum as well as seemingly endless meetings where the less educated people in the group were given advantagesDifficult people to get along with

Pros

Money for advancing education

Cons

Long hours. Difficult management

Inclusion with diversity as equal at NorQuest College.

NorQuest College staff, and faculty believe in values of education and everyone to be inclusion to be part of NorQuest College. They have fantastic service and activities to be involved. For example, hockey tournament, pride parade, and others. I am impressed that NorQuest College invested staff and faculty to take their personal development. The NorQuest wants faculty to improve their best skills to serve and support students.

Pros

Free conference

Cons

Stressful, focus on lesson plan everyday for multi-level class.

Productive & Fun place to work

It was great pleasure for me to work with great team and earned lot of experience. Management are helpful and listen employees. Work life balance. Work from anywhere which is a great policy.

Had good experience

So far all the staffs from the different departments were very nice and friendly but for some reason Some instructors from the Nursing department are very unfriendly to work with and think they can belittle admin staff

Pros

Personally I had a great boss and great experience, pay and Benefit was great

Cons

None for me

Heavy on credit column, low on the debits

An abysmal place to work. Heavy on management while slashing the instructors and students support staff, those whom actually add to revenue streams. Bully environment where you are "encouraged" to be "disruptive" but then silenced with threats of layoffs. Tells staff to "self-eject" in meetings.

Productive workplace

Excellent place to work with rewarding career opportunities. Work load can be heavy at times, good time management of work responsibilities is imperative. I would recommend this employee

Pros

peer support

Horrible experience

They don't care about their employees, management is horrible at all levels. They pay them so well and nothing for their front line staff. Student experience is terrible and low quality vs universities.

Great Place to work

A Great Place to work in. Friendly social interactive enviroment to work in. Lots to learn. Everyday in a new day in learning.It has a great Management.

could be a great place to work

benefits are worthwhile. work environment is face paced however, management needs improvement in providing adequate support to its employment. work load could be more evenly distributed.

I absolutely loved working at NorQuest College!

By far the best place I have ever worked in, the Academic Upgrading department was absolutely awesome. We worked as a team, the chairs were very helpful and friendly, students were awesome, the environment was really friendly. If it wasn't for me moving to Ontario I would have still been working there. I miss working there, totally recommend NorQuest College as the best working place.

This was my first ever teaching gig.

In a nutshell, administration can make or break this institution. I had two years of he best administrator ever, and two years of the worst administrator ever. It really depends on whether they decide to support their staff, or support themselves.

If you like being taken advantage of and being left in the dark apply here!

So disgusted by the way this college is run. I was massively taken advantage of, used for what I was good for then tossed to the side. Made false promises of job security and advancement opportunities just to end up unemployed. Management was fake, unreliable and clueless. Lots of great staff members being overworked and remaining unheard and cared for. A few bad eggs at the top can really ruin the whole basket.

Terribly Managed

If there is an issue with your performance, you may never know until you are let go. Managers hire stating for your expertise but then your job duties may differ from your expertise. Then there is little support for you to improve or even know when you are not doing well. budget cuts are making it very easy to allow department chairs/managers to give the word to the head to let new people go without cause within their probation. The union will try to help where it can but by then most the damage will be done-unfortunately.

Unproductive

Hierarchy from the top down is very confusing & unproductive for staff members. Continous bullying regarding work vs your credentials as daily reminders from the OLDER managers trying to hang on to their jobs. Very high turnover rate, limited communication & no job security. Teaching contracts are only six months, then you have to re-apply for work. This way upper snooty mgnt can intimidate you with their outdated practice! No thanks - No Way!

Friendly and fun workplace

If you like never having the same day twice, this is the place for you. The staff are all friendly and supportive, always willing to go the extra mile to help each other. There are so many opportunities for continuous learning, you are encouraged to learn as much as you can. There are also a lot of different fun activities that you're encouraged to be a part of. It is more than just a job, it is a community.

Productive and Fun

Great work experience and great people to work with; very helpful. Good place to learn new ideas and concepts and you learn how to be accepting of other ideologies and cultures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NorQuest College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6