NorQuest College

NorQuest College Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
If you like never having the same day twice, this is the place for you. The staff are all friendly and supportive, always willing to go the extra mile to help each other. There are so many opportunities for continuous learning, you are encouraged to learn as much as you can. There are also a lot of different fun activities that you're encouraged to be a part of. It is more than just a job, it is a community.
They don't care about their employees, management is horrible at all levels. They pay them so well and nothing for their front line staff. Student experience is terrible and low quality vs universities.
A Great Place to work in. Friendly social interactive enviroment to work in. Lots to learn. Everyday in a new day in learning.It has a great Management.
benefits are worthwhile. work environment is face paced however, management needs improvement in providing adequate support to its employment. work load could be more evenly distributed.
By far the best place I have ever worked in, the Academic Upgrading department was absolutely awesome. We worked as a team, the chairs were very helpful and friendly, students were awesome, the environment was really friendly. If it wasn't for me moving to Ontario I would have still been working there. I miss working there, totally recommend NorQuest College as the best working place.
In a nutshell, administration can make or break this institution. I had two years of he best administrator ever, and two years of the worst administrator ever. It really depends on whether they decide to support their staff, or support themselves.
So disgusted by the way this college is run. I was massively taken advantage of, used for what I was good for then tossed to the side. Made false promises of job security and advancement opportunities just to end up unemployed. Management was fake, unreliable and clueless. Lots of great staff members being overworked and remaining unheard and cared for. A few bad eggs at the top can really ruin the whole basket.
If there is an issue with your performance, you may never know until you are let go. Managers hire stating for your expertise but then your job duties may differ from your expertise. Then there is little support for you to improve or even know when you are not doing well. budget cuts are making it very easy to allow department chairs/managers to give the word to the head to let new people go without cause within their probation. The union will try to help where it can but by then most the damage will be done-unfortunately.
Hierarchy from the top down is very confusing & unproductive for staff members. Continous bullying regarding work vs your credentials as daily reminders from the OLDER managers trying to hang on to their jobs.
Very high turnover rate, limited communication & no job security.

Teaching contracts are only six months, then you have to re-apply for work. This way upper snooty mgnt can intimidate you with their outdated practice! No thanks - No Way!
Great work experience and great people to work with; very helpful. Good place to learn new ideas and concepts and you learn how to be accepting of other ideologies and cultures.
Productive and Fun workplace, however, got my position abolished because of "budget cutting." Can't tell the same for other department, but leadership group from FBET is abysmal. Love working at NorQuest though.
Ability to make a difference and influence decisions. Satisfaction in seeing students success, and providing support towards that goal.
Work on cohesive teams and receive above average rewards.
good stuff good stuff love it there also I don't work here but I go to school here but its not letting me move on until I out something. maybe I the future ill work here but not now
friendly work environment. There is lot of opportunities to grow inside the firm . People are really qualified for there position. always have great time
Awesome! Was a great place to work with a nice supportive atmosphere, great students, and a good salary. Would totally recommend to anyone who gets the opportunity to work there
I would not recommend working at this business at all.
I was not an employee here, however, as a former student I can attest to horrible management within my program. I completed a 2 year diploma and I have walked out of NorQuest College having learned absolutely nothing. I do not feel prepared to work in my field, nor do I feel prepared to continue my studies because I feel completely unprepared and under qualified. Also, legitimate concerns were voiced from students in regard to lack of professionalism from professors and administration and they were completely dismissed and disregarded. If you are considering studying here please don't.
Pros
Student Association was a great resource and had nice events that students could attend.
Cons
Horrible management, lack of professionalism, zero transparency, unpredictable & inconsistent.
I love what I do.
I well supported in my role.

We have great staff who work really hard to deliver quality Education.

It is a pleasure to come to work every day and feel valued and that we truly are making a difference in the lives of our Students, helping them to pursue meaningful careers and be productive within our communities.
Pros
Over all a great place to work
Cons
Communication could be better between departments.
chair of ESL is the worse boss I have ever had; doesn't know anything about her field; is only driven by favoritism; is deceitful and unreliable; also manager LINC is driven by her whims rather than reason; most of the women chairs are incapable.
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
This College is by far the most f ked up place I have ever worked. Lack of communication between staff who float between department and units. Likes to terminate staff with out just cause. Incredible amount of high turn over with staff always coming and going. Staff calling in sick often without enough coverage from additional staff and likes to take its time hiring staff. This is an institution that does not show any sign of stable employment. Do not apply to an institution that lacks the ability to care about its staff. Benefits are great but treatments of staff is marginally good. Can’t work out differences with staff. Likes to keep staff in the dark about office problems.
Pros
Lack of staff and overworked
Cons
Likes to hire staff and terminate them after a complete of months of employment, contestant on going process several months each year
hard to work some people there, sometime they gave you really hard time,
as workshop, you have to find work by yourself, nobody guided you and tell you how