Norpoint Sandblasting & Painting Ltd Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
This company has great potenial but is closed minded to other applications in the industry
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2015
This company is an equal opportunity employment hiring business which I regard as excellent, Norpoint has services for employing students for work experience and does not discriminate special needs. I had a great learning experience there with other employees, they took me under their wing and showed me the operations and setup for different work types and loads, they always invited me to be part of their work to experience their day. I worked independently and alone, two senior members reviewed and approved all estimates prior to issuing. Since they had two different perspectives on pricing there was always conflict because there was no standard. I was in a no win situation and decided to discuss the matter when an opportune time presented itself. I was intimidated by the fact that my experience in the blasting and coating industry was pretty much zero, I really felt that my contribution in company meetings was less then adequate and because of this I am positive it affected my work. I enjoyed talking to clients and helping them out.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Company needs standards in pricing