Norpoint Sandblasting & Painting Ltd

Norpoint Sandblasting & Painting Ltd Employee Reviews

Pleasant Work Environment
In my time working at Norpoint i can say that it has a positive work environment, employees are friendly and helpful and management is very family orientated. The core values that the company has set up to achieve allows us to meet client standards and exceed superior quality.
Shipper
Had a amazing experience, fellow coworkers were extremely helpful, fast paced job, tight deadlines ,very good benefits, overall very good customer service
a great opportunity i didn't expect
working for norpoint has allowed me to grow from what was just a job into a much deeper career. I find that for some people Norpoint is a stepping stone until they find more money elsewhere, but for me it was a place to ground myself and build a long term, stable career in painting. I started in the shop and grew into a supervisory role and now i love the challenges that come my way. the owners are always challenging individuals and the crews to be the best they can. There have been many ups and downs for sure, but the management staff has always been there for us in the busy and slow times. One good thing is they are always providing training to better our skills. i received my NACE 1 as well as various other safety-related training courses through Norpoint.

i would highly recommend this place to anyone who is not afraid of a challenge and is willing to put the work into achieving their career goals.

cons: steep learning curve on the tools if not experienced. shift work can be tiresome.
The most respected company in the industry
This is a great place to work. There are a ton of long tenured employees and they go out of their way to treat employees well, including bonuses twice per year, and staff events like bbqs. People leave this company and then come back because they realize it's the best place to work. There is an extremely diverse workforce, which is great, and everyone is treated like family. Anyone complaining about this company was probably fired for being too lazy to work - everyone is expected to help out here, which is the way it should be.
Killled
Poor organuzation. Bosses only care about money. No care or family feel to company field manager is a self entitled university book guy never worked a day in his life had a poor business relationship with most of there counter parts or clents
Pros
Some decent co workers
Cons
Admin
Enjoyed it
Great job ,just bad timing with the job market when in the hole , so cut backs were made. I was one of them , so I upgraded my skills to become a heavy equipment operator
Company with advancement opportunity
A great company to work for with great leaders. They believe in career advancement, training, and promoting from within. The company has sent many workers through NACE, University, and Training programs, suited to the individual's needs.

The owners work side by side with everyone and are the first ones to tell you "good job".

The culture there is positive and fun.

The company is always giving back to their employees through team building events and bonuses. Hard work is always recognized and after a busy push week, the guys are awarded lunches and BBQ's.
Pros
Great staff, positive atmosphere, leadership
Horrible
Horrible leaders in this company, bullying and racism, they pretend like its all jokes, fun and games, i worked their for two weeks before i walked off the job site.
A young company with miles to grow if allowed.
In my situation it became apparent early on that there were very little standards to follow and my job became more difficult as I could not grow. I learned that it doesn't matter what your status is you should let your concerns be known even if it costs you, sometimes. The staff was great, the hardest part was two supervisors and the best was having only one.
This company has great potenial but is closed minded to other applications in the industry
This company is an equal opportunity employment hiring business which I regard as excellent, Norpoint has services for employing students for work experience and does not discriminate special needs. I had a great learning experience there with other employees, they took me under their wing and showed me the operations and setup for different work types and loads, they always invited me to be part of their work to experience their day. I worked independently and alone, two senior members reviewed and approved all estimates prior to issuing. Since they had two different perspectives on pricing there was always conflict because there was no standard. I was in a no win situation and decided to discuss the matter when an opportune time presented itself. I was intimidated by the fact that my experience in the blasting and coating industry was pretty much zero, I really felt that my contribution in company meetings was less then adequate and because of this I am positive it affected my work. I enjoyed talking to clients and helping them out.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Company needs standards in pricing
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norpoint Sandblasting & Painting Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
Norpoint Sandblasting & Painting Ltd Reviews by Job Title