Normerica inc
Coronavirus update

Normerica inc Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
raises are far and few between

heavy work

training is limited

management has no production skills

housekeeping is never ending

dust collectors dont work
Cons
long hours/some days where you dont work because of no clay
I was hired for general labour (working on the lines), I have had a few shifts where all they wanted me to do was clean for 8 hours and they sent home the temps half way through the shift. They keep bouncing me around between lines, force Saturday shifts labeled as "mandatory". The lines are always breaking down, so theres a lot of just standing around waiting for them to out a band aid on it so we can run the line for anther 15 minutes before it breaks down again.
Pros
Paid for breaks, christmas party
Cons
They don't care about you. You are replaceable.
Was a former employee, the management here is ridiculous....your not trained to run a machine you are threaten to go home. Under staffed. If you are a women your not allowed to work in shipping/ recieving department even if you are qualified for the position. They make you promises...never follow through with them.
Pros
Employees are great to work with
Cons
Mangement sucks, lack of training, pay sucks
Completely unprofessional management. People will throw you under the bus here in a heart beat. I for one have not experienced it, but have seen it done by not only management but co-workers on numerous occasions. Management refused to give 6 month review and raise that was promised nearly a year into employment... other employees had been waiting for years for raises, most of which were making the $14/hr they started at years ago while new employees performing the same jobs with less experience were being hired on at $15/hr.
Pros
More than minimum wage
Cons
Many
good place to work when I was there, good benefits, pretty decent management, no raises though. hard back breaking work but you do get used to it after the first week or so