Normerica inc Employee Reviews

A very Enjoyable place to work. Customer and employee satisfaction is very high on the priority list.
Lead Hand/Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 April 2018
My day Starts with me figuring out what products I'm running for the day then I set up my line accordingly. For this I had to set my lable printers, scales, jug packaging machine, and automatic palletizer. I also ran the packaging department for the bakery which also required me to know what products I was running for the day. I then chose the dog treats required and the dispensery rate for each for an even blend when they get to the scaled hopper which I manually operate via a foot pedal in order to fill the proper bags with product. Everything required for me to do my job properly and efficiently was taught to me by Normerica.
Pros
always overtime
Cons
Lines breaking
Bad place to work
Managment (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 February 2018
Ridiculous work place, place run by dictatorship. Constantly looking over your shoulder and not sure if you have a job the next day. Worst turnover I've ever seen.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Wow
Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 January 2018
So during winter all we did was work and sleep the Normerica in Lethbridge handles pretty much all distribution for its product for most of Canada and a bunch of the states so we would be so overloaded with orders it was ridiculous i remember one time some of us worked 21 hours so if you are a workaholic its great for the winter
Pros
paid great
Cons
extremely long winter hours
Poorly Managed Company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 December 2017
Their is a lack of communication between supervisors and workers. They have no regard for their workers or quality of product. Their extremely disorganized and have no planned schedule. The equipment is very beat up and constantly breaks down.

They tend to promise allot and they aren't able to keep their word. as well any job advancement is nearly impossible. asking for a raise is like pulling teeth.

Very high turn over rate and very high injury rate. As well they tend to unexpectedly fire injured and overworked employees
Pros
friendly workers
Cons
no planned schedule
dynamic growing organization
Accounts Payable/Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2017
Normerica is fast-paced, and I liked that. Some people don't like the pace and understandably it's not the right place for them! I found it to be both challenging and rewarding as I got to realize my own potential more.
Horrible employers/co-workers
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 October 2017
Completely unprofessional management. People will throw you under the bus here in a heart beat. I for one have not experienced it, but have seen it done by not only management but co-workers on numerous occasions. Management refused to give 6 month review and raise that was promised nearly a year into employment... other employees had been waiting for years for raises, most of which were making the $14/hr they started at years ago while new employees performing the same jobs with less experience were being hired on at $15/hr.
Pros
More than minimum wage
Cons
Many
super high turnover
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2017
super high turnover!
three fourths of people work less than two years. two thirds less than one year.
a lot of micromanagement. not recommend to work here.
low quality products with many customer complaints.
good place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 May 2017
good place to work when I was there, good benefits, pretty decent management, no raises though. hard back breaking work but you do get used to it after the first week or so
Worst place to work
no-one (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 March 2017
No one cares about you or anything but production, and making money. Send out poor quality products. The most disorganized, stressful, dust work environment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything, and pay is terrible
great atmosphere and friendly staff, wonderful owner (CEO)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Credit, ON10 February 2017
Normerica Inc. is an amazing place to work at with such diverse culture of staff and a lot of career opportunities to offer. I had a wonderful experience that helped me grow such as using microsoft office applications and learned to communicate with other large companies on a daily basis.
Pros
1 hour free yoga daily
Avoid at all cost
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 August 2016
The company has no vision. High turnover rate for employees. Very low safety standards, dusty and noisy .no eye protection provided. In the short period of time I worked there I saw several people get released for no reason at all myself included. The trades people are over burdened with old equipment breaking down constantly. Any smart trademen that get hired don't stay longer than a week unless they are desperate. High percentage of temporary workers. Very fast paced repetitive work.
Avoid the owner at all cost, no class and very demeaning to employees.
Pros
Location, good coworkers
Cons
No vision from managers.
Oppressive culture
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2016
Company is run like a coal mine!
Ownership yells, screams, bangs fists.
Management team are over compensated puppets
Communication from top is minimal at best so organization is constantly in flux and chasing multiple unrealistic priorities
New ideas or different thinking is not encouraged
The same rules = The same results
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Unprofessional
Creative and energetic people
Director of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2016
I enjoyed the company in regards to the products I was responsible for. The downside of the organization was the management had a tight old school way of handling problems. It is very difficult as a Director to meet production deadlines when the company is not paying the suppliers on time or I can get quotes from new opportunities when the organization is tainted poorly in the industry
Pros
Social events
Cons
Frustrating computer systems. Not matching data
good for experience
shipping receiving clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 April 2015
Good place to teach what fast paced is.A great way to learn all aspects of warehousing and shipping receiving and to work as a team. .
Pros
walk in management
Cons
dusty
Great role
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  missisauga20 February 2015
Great setting and good people to mentor you through your work life. Great culture and environment to work in. Upper management and employees are working in the same office.
Pros
Group events
Good Learning Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, On15 January 2015
Normerica is a great training ground. It is structurally lean. This puts great demands on the few members of management there are to be involved in (too) many facets. The experience and skill development for those who invest time and effort is very rewarding for future pursuits. Conversely the environment can be very taxing on your personal life, your attitude and most find themselves frequently questioning their sanity.
Pros
Competitve Salaries
Cons
Long hours, many weekends, no bonus, overtime, lieu
Not enjoyable
LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  brantford, on3 April 2014
Very dusty , clay everywhere on ground lots of tripping hazards.
People always yelling at eachother
people always doing drugs at work
Worst job I have had in my life
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga31 January 2014
It was a great company. Lots of opportunity and great managers.
Micro-managed environment
PLANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 November 2013
no vision
no organized plan
Low quality workforce that was not dependable to show up for work.
Pros
Cons
no pension, no RSP assistance
Not a pleasant place to work
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 June 2013
I am a very positive individual. My experience working in the automobile industry was very demanding. It was by far the worst company to work for. I would put in over 55 hours of work and then some and it was never appreciated with a bonus or anything. The owner was very difficult to work for. I believe that he would dismiss management employees before they had five years in the company to avoid paying anything extra in the way of severance.
Pros
Cons
long hours/many safety violations