NORMERICA INC. Employee Reviews

Worst place to be , don't apply!! Please safe yourself
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 March 2019
Disgusting management, AWFUL workplace, ZERO job security, and end of the day the NO LEARNING or space for you to grow yourself. A backward organization surviving with the pace of time and may get bankrupt anytime soon.
Pros
Worst place for work!! 0.1 Star
Cons
They will never change !! and this is the only reason for their decline.
It’s just a garbage company run by gargbage management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leth24 October 2018
From ownership down this place is a steaming bag of turds. Mostly underpaid unmotivated morons working there that are either running from something or have no where to go or are just useless at everything else they have tried. The one or two solid employees are wasting their time there and they figure it out and nearly all the rest do is have a terrible attitude. Hard to blame them to be honest because the pay is absolutely horrible and the work is mind numbing and physical. Go find another low paying gig somewhere else because this place shouldn’t even operate let alone have human employees working there.
Pros
Driving away makes you feel better
Cons
Every thing you could think of.
High stress with no recognition unless you're favored. Unfair culture
Production (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 August 2018
I saw many people that cared about their work and poured in they're creativity and sweat into they're jobs. It was rare to see any of them get recognized. It's really a "what have you done for me lately" type place. It was hard to stay motivated when you would have an idea to fix a problem and get it shot down because??? No reason given. The people that cared about what they did, left or were layed off. The ones that stayed stopped caring. The ones that sucked up and said yes to everything seemed to get promoted. There was a lot of favorites. My manager was good, but I could see the hardship with him trying to keep things together many days, hope they found theyre way out. Shame that the company can be so much more.

This is where you go if you want to hate your job. There's a reason why there are so many openings and why they stay open for so long. Beware. Stay away if you have other options.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Very high stress, management sets unreasonable expectations and not enough support
Any job is better
Multi-fauceted worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 August 2018
You’ll be over worked, unappreciated, minimum wage or barely above. VERY unequal pay system. Management is professionally disgusting and extremely cliquey and immature.
If you are a woman- look else where for work.
Read the other reviews!!!!!! The only positive review was written by the administrator themself at the time! They TOO have quit.

Very very high turn over rate for employees. If you do not NEED to be at Normerica- don’t be. You will die from stress and insanity.

Owner is very cruel and has enough money to do anything and get away with it.
Very unsafe working conditions.
Pros
Non-existing
Cons
Too many to list
Worst place to work
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2018
No training at all left to figure out ancient program. Total lack of leadership and respect towards employees. Only upper management enjoys working here the rest are mainly there due to necessity and above average salary. Stay away from this company most people last an average of 6 months. This company doesn't even deserve one star.
Terrible Employer
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2018
Management treats staff extremely poorly, especially females. Avoid this place at all costs. No raises and your voice is not heard by the management team.
Pros
Cons
Awful Company
Worked there 1 hour and walked out
General lobour (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 May 2018
This has to be the worst place I ever worked. Management treated me like poo the moment I walked in.
They are very sexist, they only want guys working there. Because I am a woman they made me clean yet my job description was general labor and heavy lifting which I wanted to do.
Min wage
Pros
No pros
Cons
Dirty place, treated like a non human hours suck, pay sucks
They don't care
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 April 2018
I worked for them for a wile it is probably the worst place to work. If the supervisor doesn't like you then you get introuble even if you don't do anything. Don't ever expect a raise ever. Every time they told us we were getting a raise they would find a reason not to give it to us. I would give them less if I could
Pros
Some decent people
Cons
Every thing else besides co-workers
Place is turning around
Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 April 2018
Management team currently is really making a good effort, the two managers that are currently there work lots of hours and are always happy to assist with anything that is needed- high turn over rate due to wrong team hired in the beginning - the two managers now plant manager and plant admin are perfect for there roles they just need more people like them, change is good and takes time to make it perfect,
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not enough staff
Stay away from here at all costa
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 March 2018
This is not a good place to have a career at. Dirty filthy environment . Unsafe work conditions. Very high turn around in employees. You are promised on position and given another. Ur health will diminish quickly . As a manager you are expected to punch in and out at start of shift and at lunch. What kind of managers position requires you to punch in and out , not the positions I have had in the past!!!
Pros
There are none working here
Cons
The job itself
Worst place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2017
This company will offer NO training whatsoever, zero support, will constantly belittle its employees making them feel like they are fortunate to even have a job. Turnover is brutal most employees are 6 months or less with the company. Stress levels within staff is very high you will get to hear a lot of crying and yelling. The only good side is the location.
Pros
Cons
Company culture, terrible work environment
Good to start
Builder (Former Employee) –  Gormley, ON20 August 2017
Small staff in the labor area is grate for training and internal employee relations, learn quick and becomes almost a family environment. There is a disassociation between management and labor staff. Was never sure if it was done on purpose to maintain a good working environment. The more you know the more places you will be called to work in the plant at any given moment. It's good to be wanted but needs attention. Often times you will be running around building if not stationary at any one machine. Needs an update on yard equipment to move units around for shipping and internal use.
Pros
family environment, very active
Cons
over exertion on the body, low pay for the work required, winter cold in plant environment.
how to not have a life at noramerica
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 May 2017
the management is basically non existent on night shift. no proper interviews are given when hired. no organization what so ever when it comes to what needs to go out an how much material we have at the site to do what is require to go out.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
little pay, no management, no set direction.
Large Company with potential to grow
Communications & Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2016
Came in early excited to see my emails. Planned events and got along famously with the staff, which in turn, made my job more fun.

Not only do you have to do your job, you have to learn the positions of others in order to create a cohesive team.
Pros
Growth potential
Cons
Learning the industry
Productive and Fun work place
General Labourer / Operator / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 October 2014
A typical day at work would be, set up machines, turn everything on, do paper work, then help the temps and show them how to package the treats. I learned how to do paper work and operate machines. The hardest part of the job is being alone and having no supervisor so you have to take on the role yourself.