Norfolk County

Norfolk County Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
While being a firefighter you discover you true boundaries and how to overcome them for the greater good. The confidence you gain and the knowledge you receive have proven to be extremely useful in everyday life.
Pros
confidence, education, passion
Cons
irregular hours, possibility of injury/death
Great atmosphere to work in. Enjoyed the work that I was given. Would apply again for this job in the future. The schedule and amount of hours I worked were great for a student.
A typical day as a bylaw officer is we report to the office in the morning to check our emails to see if there is anything we should be aware of. Once that is complete we hit the road for the day to attend any complaints that come our way and also patrol parking.
Checking emails and voicemails, filing, data entry, labeling
I learned everything

Everyone was friendly and enjoyed everyone's company

The most enjoyed part was lunch
Norfolk County was a fantastic municipality to work for. They were forward thinking, encouraging and there to help you along the way. A typical day would consist of office work and field work. The municipal leader were very involved with the employees and the residence which made for great line for open communication. Management was very receptive to new ideas, advancement that you were needing. It was incredible to deal with colleagues and very hard to leave the position.
Volunteer based. Can be a lot of fun. Hours are all over the place. Goid commratery with the other firefighters. Good training.
Pros
You fight fire
Cons
Medical calls
Motivated and professional staff in Tourism and Economic Development.

Enjoy learning about economic opportunities and tourism initiatives focused on local food.
Early mornings, but you really learn team work most farmers are pretty good enjoyed meeting knew people but some days can be long and hard if it rains you could get very cold and wet.Always enjoyed it outdoors on the nice days.
Pros
If you worked well as a team member days were short
Cons
Working outdoors in the rain
driving lawnmowers , using various yard working tools, cleaning duties. CO-OP
Working at the Day Camp was a wonderful job, the money was amazing, the childern where grand to work with. It was organized, and the co-workers were just swell. The hours were fantastic it was 730 - 5. the days didnt even seem long, which was even better. The hardest part of the job to me, was saying "no " to the children .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Norfolk County?
Working for Norfolk County is great. they Have Great people and Employees. The work is moderate and it doesnt take a lot of effort but makes a big difference on the outcome when it is all said and done. Norfolk county is great with there employees and will do anything to help them out.
Pros
frequent breaks when weather is really hot
Cons
lots of repetitive work