Nordstrom
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Canada365 reviews
productive and loving environment
Working with team is always fun. great work culture most of my job is remote so couldn't stressed out much. enhanced lot of skills and got very good exposure.
Pros
Employee Merchandise discounts
Cons
long hour meetings
Nordstrom
Fine place to work. Work life balance can be tough and benefits system is not great. Overall though they have a good culture and promote from within.
Fast paced and competitive
It is a fast paced environment that is highly competitive and also very exhausting both mentally and physically. You are constantly on your feet and required to move around quite a bit.
If you want to make money you have to be scheduled for the best hours, which students NEVER got. Be sure to work Sat/Sun/Mon as that's when sales are best. The company rewards the sales people that screw others over, even though they claim to do otherwise.
Intense, but I learned a lot that I have been able to apply
Nordstrom will give you the tools and techniques you require to be successful, however, the onus is on you to apply them. The main issue with the company is that it pays in commission, and you can only achieve commission if you maintain your minimum sales per hour. This seems simple enough, but the problem is deeper, we had too many staff members on per shift to maintain our SPH. So, our commissions were very low, below that of minimum wage.
From a retail perspective in Menswear Nordstrom provides an excellent selling venue
The Menswear department at Nordstrom Vancouver was well managed and the sales team was well versed in providing customers world class service.
At times a very competitive sales atmosphere, and stressful as each sales consultant's goal was to exceed weekly objectives.

Certainly in the first year the department was over staffed making it difficult to achieve desired earnings.
Keep it as a last resort
Very bureaucratic. Most employees are arrogant underachieving insecure sales people but some of them are a delight to work with. If i knew I was going to be working with snakes, I would've just gotten a job at the zoo. At least they'd take care of you better. Management will always take the side of the more tenured employee even if they were the one doing the harassing and get rid of you based off of false allegations. HR is a joke.
Really cool place with great people, expensive
The environment was great to learn and it takes the right open type of person, competitive as commission is involved but still a fun time. Management was great to get along with and pay is good. lunch breaks and break overall are super easy going.
Don't Bother
Stay away unless you enjoy favouritism, bullying and toxicity from management. The discount is also nowhere near what other employers offer. They invest in aesthetics over function.
Cons
No work-life balance, toxicity, etc.
Fast paced, customer focused environment
Nordstrom's number one rule is to "Always use your best judgement". If that means bending the store rules to make a customer happy, that's the way it is. There are some obvious rules that cannot be broken but return policies or fitting room limits are things that are left up to the worker to enforce. They really empower their employees. I've never had a manager who would recommend me for jobs further up in the company and it's a refreshing change.
Pros
Benefits, Above minimum wage, good management
Cons
Working Nights
Exciting and Collaborative environment to build bonds with team members
I enjoyed working at Nordstrom as my first retail job. I learned a lot about customer service and how to handle difficult customers, think on my feet and learn more about the fashion industry.
Find other employment
Low wages, I you dont "conform " to his ideas, gone! He was paying me as a Red Seal welder, 21/an hour, I asked for 1 dollar raise, got let go within an hour
Pros
Not much, he will swoon you
Cons
Environment
NO Productive at all
poor management , high competition,staff great , upper management just horrible , life not compatible with hours , Cult brainwash policies ,no motivation culture , the only one things is the quality customer services gain , multicultural staff most of them great
Great place to work part-time
If you're a student who loves fashion, making decent money in a short period of time, and loves meeting new people, then Nordstrom is great. I worked there for over 2 years while a student in University, and enjoyed it all.
good
excellent opportunity to learn Loss Prevention fundamentals with real world applications.

Great culture and job advancement opportunities especially if willing to relocate
A great learning experience
Working at Nordstrom On Service Experience (customer service) team, taught me so much and was actually a great first step into my career.

After graduating in Public Relations it was hard to find work because I didn't have enough experience.

Nordstrom taught me how to great a wonderful experience for customers, how to troubleshoot Tech problems, basic administrational duties and how to collaborate with other departments in assisting customers.
Excellent, fun environment to work
great, fun place to work. learned many new things from the extensive training offered, while working alongside some of the best in the industry. Definitely would work for Nordstrom again.
Growth granted when solicited
Achievements need to be heavily voiced to gain recognition and to grow, learned lots of ownership and appreciate the company culture. Hardest part is sales pressure.
Competitive Sales
Exciting place to work
Great team to work with and a relaxed environment. We did have some stress but didn't matter in front of the hours, benefits and salary we received.
Cheers

AJ
Fast-paced but fun
Most of the employees are very kind and cooperative. Depending on the day and season you work it could be very busy or very dead. Scheduling with my manager was a little difficult, but overall she was very understanding of my school as a priority