Nordstrom

Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Men‘s had a great team. Managers were supporting and willing to coordinate schedules around your availability. Would always help when there is a problem and provide training to better product knowledge.
Best retail job you could have! 6-8 hour shiftsYou are able to learn how to build a clienteleFriendly people to work withManagement is also really helpful with helping you make sales
Pros
Free breakfast, company discount
Cons
Competitive
Great place to work. Ever changing. Keeps customers safe. Got great online courses to keep us up to date monthly. Able to work with others and go the extra step to make light work
Pros
Great incentives, team mates and managers
Cons
Nordstrom was a nice place to work. I really enjoyed engaging with my coworkers. Everyone was nice and understanding. They created a work culture that is inclusive and nurturing.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours available
A typical day at work on the weekends is very busy as well as some evening shifts during the weekdays. The jobs easy if you show up on time and get achieve your goals. The job is very enjoyable and fun and my peers i was working with and as well as my manager were very nice and helpful when I first started working.
Loved working for Nordstrom and believed in the company’s core values. Proud to be part of this fun loving epic family but sometimes challenging to meet all sales targets due to low traffic.
Pros
Ebar Americano, Nordstrom parking, HR and corporate in the building
Cons
Some shady employees
Building Services Management is terrible is all about kissing each other’s rear ends And giving each other’s hand jobs Nordstrom doesn’t care about their employees. Be ware do not work here as a Building services.
Pros
Nothing is good
Cons
Bad Management
Management is the worst thing you can imagine!!! Unprofessional , very dominant and disrespectful and dictatorial order’s , no good judgement only personal desires to feel very powerful and dominate using the fear and intimidation like a weapon! If you ones to have a good relationship with your manager you need to transform into a snitch or a informant guy to rich the peace and a good position! Dosed matters how much you work and the best stuff you delivery’s to customers! Everything is about the “best of the best management “!!!!! In the rest nothing doesn’t matter in reality!!! This happens in Calgary , Canada at the alterations workshop ! In general the company they are ok, but the real problem is local and will be nice to be fixed and remedy the real problem! Probably the superiors or or the general manager of the store doesn’t have ideas what is going on under her ruff! Nothing what I declared is only the true and nothing else !
My interview was fast and I got hired on the spot my manager was the nicest women I’ve met so far at Nordstrom Chinook people are competitive sometimes and managers will only schedule you if you’re somewhat close to them. You get taxed a lot but you get it back if they decide they don’t need you. Minimum wage starts at $16.50
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Some bad management
very shady experiences here; HR very close with management, lies told in interview, unfair pay - you lose your commission if a customer returns something a full year after purchasing it with no tags & damage.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
terrible hours - expected to work on days off if clients asked
If you love fashion and enjoy helping others find their sense of style, this is the perfect job for you. Only if you can ignore the unprofessional and toxic environment. Most salespeople are immature and lazy. The upper management lets bad behaviour slide for salespeople that have been there the longest. They just become enablers for more bad behaviour. I have seen at least half of my department cry due to employee disputes. There are no HR workers for Canadian employees anymore due to budget cuts (only a 1800 number to call).
I enjoyed some of my time with Nordstrom. I made wonderful friends and learned a lot from a few of the managers there..unfortunately none of them were my manager. They play favourites in who they promote and HR will not support you on any type of complaint you make.
Pros
Great discount, great pay, good sales teams
Cons
Upper manager sucks
0 work/life balance, under appreciative management who push you to your breaking points on a daily basis. Favouritism. Bad discount and benefits. Toxic.
Pros
Great co-workers, okay pay if you pushed yourself, luxury goods
Cons
long hours, no work/life balance, terrible benefits
Working at Nordstrom requires you to be outgoing and will push you out of your comfort zone if you’re shy. The managers are usually great and become your friends quickly. You are bound to meet many new people and share great friendly relationships with them here.
Overall, Nice place to work. People are friendly and management's door was always open to discuss any concerns that took place. Always welcoming to suggestions.
Great selling opportunities. Managers give all employees the chance to obtain client base. Can cross-sell in different departments. Overall great experience.
Working with team is always fun. great work culture most of my job is remote so couldn't stressed out much. enhanced lot of skills and got very good exposure.
Pros
Employee Merchandise discounts
Cons
long hour meetings
Fine place to work. Work life balance can be tough and benefits system is not great. Overall though they have a good culture and promote from within.
It is a fast paced environment that is highly competitive and also very exhausting both mentally and physically. You are constantly on your feet and required to move around quite a bit.
If you want to make money you have to be scheduled for the best hours, which students NEVER got. Be sure to work Sat/Sun/Mon as that's when sales are best. The company rewards the sales people that screw others over, even though they claim to do otherwise.
Nordstrom will give you the tools and techniques you require to be successful, however, the onus is on you to apply them. The main issue with the company is that it pays in commission, and you can only achieve commission if you maintain your minimum sales per hour. This seems simple enough, but the problem is deeper, we had too many staff members on per shift to maintain our SPH. So, our commissions were very low, below that of minimum wage.
  1. Employee reviews