Nordia Employee Review

A very disappointing job experience.
Customer Service Loyalty (Former Employee) –  Orillia,ON6 June 2014
Their motto is "White Glove Customer Care". So customers are treated with respect and care. However, it is a totally different story when it comes to how Nordia treats its employees. They hire a huge number for training and by the second week have already started to fire people so that ONLY the favourites get to stay on. When I asked the reason why I was being fired I was told it was a group opinion that determined who goes.By saying this, no one person can be identified as having made a complaint about your work. I pointed out my scores in their tests only to be told they didn't count for much. Obviously, as one trainee was scoring in the low 20%s and is still there. Another speaks with a very strong foreign accent and is difficult to understand in person, let alone on the phone, and that person is still there. The facts that were in my favour, being on time, being attentive and not talking during presentations, answering queries etc. counted for nothing.
Pros
Hourly wage.
Cons
Inexperienced trainer.

Other Nordia Employee Reviews

All departments must sell
CSR-Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 May 2018
Even if you are doing tech support you must meet sales metrics. Coachin consists of You suck. Suck less. Management never follows through with any coaching plans they put in place.
Good fit for the right kind of person
Outbound sales agent for Bell Canada (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 May 2018
You generally come in, log onto your computer, and start making calls. These are largely, in my experience, cold calls with varieing degrees of a 'lead,' such as ex costumers, and so on.

It takes the kind of person who enjoys sales to enjoy (and excel at) this job. If that's you, go for it! It wasn't for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordia. Our community is ready to answer.