Nordia

Nordia Employee Reviews

Canada586 reviews

Insights into Nordia

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Good support on calls but overall no support from management

This company provides you with best training, amazing support while you are on calls, at least my dept had the best. But other than that just like any other call centre, you're just a number and they don't care about your work-life balance. You don't have even littlest control over your schedule, they don't care even if you tell 3 months prior to your commitments.

Great place to work, management is supportive , decent pay

They are a good honnest group, who does thier best to provide customer satisfaction .Benefits are great and the pay is above average for entry level positions. As long as you are prepared to talk to people and willing to learn and are Coachable this is a great place to work

Pros

Work from home Company provided computer

Cons

Lateral upward moment within the company is difficult

It was ok

Very strict privacy policies and it was ever changing with covid and you have to watch your pay and hours there sometimes they are not accurate and they charge you for equipment that breaks even though it is not your fault

Pros

Nice team managers

Cons

pays and very strit privacy rules

Gym and game room

There building is really nice, on site cafeteria with great food, quiet rooms, gym, game rooms and lockers. To bad the company itself is horrid. Do not recommend

Pros

Great understanding people working on site

Cons

Stressful

Fun workplace

Good place to work nice people amazing environment. Lots of commission and bonus. Fast paced environment and provide good customer service. Goodluck for the job.

Pros

Good pay

No work life balance

If you are stuck in one shift, you will always remain that shift. There is option to select your preferred schedule and even after 7 or 8 months, in the job, you never get a good shift or at least a better one. If you are assigned a late night shift at the beginning, you always remain in that shift. There is no work life balance with this job.

Terrible management.

Last raise was 1.2 percent a year,Christmas bonus was a Merry Christmas email,Promotion belongs to favoritism of management,Complaints rectified = 0.Recieved a call from HR in the last month asking why all the senior employees are leaving.

Pros

Cons

Everything. Inflated management's egos. Upper management not held responsible for their own actions.

12 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're disappointed to read that your experience working at Nordia wasn't better. Our employees are at the core of our decisions, and we always do our best to provide them with the best work environment possible. Please know that we're taking note of your comment, and we'll pass it along to the appropriate departments. Best of luck!

Truly a fun place to work, more so with the various (on site) games available

Not so much of a fun place to work, especially if you do not belong to a certain/particular race. Too much discrimination/favoritism & bias going on. Intimidation tactics often employed by Management. No level playing ground with brazen unfairness & bias. Favoritism towards certain group of "elite" agents.

Pros

When on-site, free shuttle bus to major bus stops and train station.

Cons

Odd hours of operation (telemarketing).

12 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're saddened and disappointed to read about your experience as it is not a reflection of the values or the work environment at Nordia. We have a strict zero-tolerance policy regarding discrimination, intimidation, or any behaviour that causes prejudice. In fact, we're very proud of our inclusive and diverse workplace. Please be assured that we will look into this matter. Thank you for all the hard work you invest, day in and day out. We hope to change your mind about us in the near future.

Simple

Emploi simple, mais peut-être difficile. La direction n'est pas enclin à des changements tel que le télé travail et aucune conciliation travail/famille.

Pros

Assurance médicale

Cons

La direction

12 January 2022
Merci d’avoir pris un moment afin de partager votre expérience avec nous. Nous sommes désolés de la perception que vous avez puisqu’elle ne reflète pas la réalité. Le télétravail est en fait un avantage important pour nos employés; plus de 87 % de nos gens travaillent actuellement à domicile. En plus de notre nouveau service de conciergerie, qui contribue à optimiser l’accueil et l’intégration des nouveaux employés à distance, nous continuons de revoir et réinventer nos façons de faire pour mieux s’adapter à notre environnement en continuel changement. Nous espérons pouvoir changer votre perception de nous dans le futur. Bon succès dans votre carrière!

Great place to work :) benefit of working from home. Everybody has a great support system, always working together to be successful. Overall would recommend

Pros

Working from home

Cons

N/a

12 January 2022
WOW! Thanks for the amazing review! We truly do have the best employees, always willing to lend a helping hand and work together. Thank you for being part of the #NordiaSaintJohn team! We wish you the best in your career with us.

Excellent

Great company. Nice coworkers and great benefits after 6 months of employment. Sales targets and bonus every month. Work from home option available .

12 January 2022
Wow, thanks for the fantastic review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed working with us and wish you all the best in your future career!

It was ok

Pros

Nice team managers

Cons

pays and very strit privacy rules

29 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our strict privacy policy is essential for client security, and we're very proud to say that we follow PCI compliance data security norms. Another great perk at Nordia is our fantastic team and support system; we're glad to see that you enjoyed working with your team managers! Thank you for being part of the team; we wish you the best of success in your future career!

Amazing people to work with and learn

Great opportunities with Nordia, but you have to be lucky to get a good team leader, I had a good and bad team lead and I knew the difference immediately. They’re always ready to coach you which was a good thing, unavailability with your direct supervisor.Overall, it was a fun place to work.

Cons

No benefits, employees turnovers, and low pay

29 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed working with your colleagues and felt supported by your team every step of the way. Having fun at work is a great plus! Did you know that we offer one of the industry's best total compensation plans, including generous benefits and perks? We wish you the best of luck in your future career, and thanks for having been part of the Nordia team! We appreciate all the hard work you put invested, day in and day out.

It truly sucked working here

I worked here for roughly 2.5 years and my experience was extremely poor. They expect so much but barely pay over minimum wage. The environment is cool but besides that this job isn’t worth ruining your mental health

29 December 2021
We're very sorry to hear that you didn't appreciate your work experience with us. We thrive to offer all our employees the best possible work experience, including a stimulating and rewarding work environment and many benefits. Our people are our greatest asset, and we truly care. Did you know that 86% of our employees would recommend Nordia to their friends and family according to our latest employee satisfaction survey? That's the best recognition we could ask for. We wish you the best of luck in your future career!

Environnement productif

Experience productif , bcp de travail , flexibilité horaire

8 December 2021
Merci d'avoir pris le temps de nous écrire. Nous sommes heureux d'apprendre que vous avez aimé la flexibilité d'horaire. Nous apprécions votre réaction et vous souhaitons le meilleur dans vos projets futurs.

there a 6 months contract that stop you from leaving whenever you want and allows employers to fire you at anytime without explanation (during the 6 months) ?

8 December 2021
We're appalled by your statement, as this is far from reality. Probation periods are standard to any employment contracts, and employees are free to leave as they will. In addition, we do not terminate jobs without valid reason and coaching because the success of our employees is at the heart of our considerations. We wish you luck in your career.

Fun place to work

Coaching and support is great and is always there when you need it.Overtime is offered frequently and pays well. Working remotely is available and you’ll be equipped with a desktop which consists of two monitors, mouse, CPU, keyboard, headset.

Cons

Schedule changes every 3 weeks

12 November 2021
Thank's for the great review! We're happy to see that you're loving some of the perks, such as working from home and the fantastic support and coaching our management team provides. Thank you for being part of the #NordiaMontreal team and contributing to our success!

A Fantastic Place to work if you enjoy Call Centers

Escalation Resolution Team, Level 2 Agent. When you call your cell phone company for help and don't like the answer and ask to speak to someone higher up, you get to me. I did not get promoted to this job I was hired for it. Nordia was excellent. This job truely truely helped me evolve and grow and a person. Im serious man I entered that job as a young man working bunk dead end factory jobs and left the job 1.5 years later with a new found sense of purpose and confidence in myself and most of the desire to work other desk jobs/finance Jobs and build up my career as an entrepreneur. Its a great place to work if you can deal with call centers. I thought I could, and for a long time I did. I'm a very introverted person but have excellent customer service skills but I burned out badly man. Nordia worked with me really well even though I kind of had to use the pandemic as a reason, truthfully, and they were there waiting for me with my exact same job position and seniority when I was ready to return to work. The pay was great, if you're good at your job you'll make excellent commission sales like basically get $2 an hour more for the top 25% of agents and if you are good at customer service and sales it's easy to achieve that. There really isn't much on the way of raises though. You can work there for years and years as the best agent in the building but make less than a dollar more than new hires. But if you get your commission sales which is easy to do you will eat very well. Training is on point and very effective. They mass hire people but they do a very good job of -

Pros

Good pay and good support and realistic company atmosphere. No need to act fake.

Cons

Rude Customers

22 October 2021
Thank you for your excellent and complete review! We're glad to hear you've enjoyed a lot of the perks of working at Nordia. We truly do our best to provide our employees with all the tools and resources they need to thrive, feel safe, and be happy at work. We know customer service jobs come with their set of challenges, which is why we're always thankful for the hard work our employees put in on a daily basis! Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to learn and grow. We also want to thank you for being part of the Nordia family and making this a great place to work. Best of luck in your future career plans!

environnement de travail agréable

J'ai travaillé 3 ans chez Nordia Jen'ai pas eu à me plaindre même une minute Nous connaissons tous nos droits et devoirs

Pros

ticket restaurant

Cons

pas davantage en nature

6 October 2021
YAY! Merci pour l'excellent avis! Nous sommes choyés de t'avoir compté parmi nous pour ces 3 belles années. #FamilleNordia

Good job, aside from the pay compensation

The job is great, however the pay scale is very low for the Canada post account. Moving up to more important departments doesnt give you extra money per hour either. Management is great and responsive, always there to help you if you need

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Low pay

8 September 2021
Thanks for the review! We're proud to offer among the most competitive wages of our industry, but they can vary per call type of lines of business. Please do not be afraid to speak up about your perception or share your feedback with your manager; we always strive to offer our employees the best work environment possible. Thank you for being part of the #NordiaFamily.

Mediocre at best

If you want a flexible scheduling you won’t get that here. Be prepared to work every weekend and evening shifts. I would be Wary about escalations and retention department it can be very challenging but if you have a back bone this may be for you.

Pros

It’s union.

Cons

Weekend and evening shifts only

3 September 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are saddened to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We know that customer service often comes with rotating schedules because we need to be there when our customers need us. On a side note, did you know that 90% of our employees would recommend Nordia as an employer to their friends and family according to our latest employee survey? Best of lucks with your future career plans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement