Nordia Employee Reviews

A lot of false promises
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON12 February 2019
What can I say?

Let's start with some positives.

The normal everyday people I worked with on a daily basis were great.

Social Committee tries their best to do fun things for their employees.

That's about it.

The company likes to say they promote a lot from the inside, but the truth is you're struggling to find an opening to advance to as everyone who holds the positions have been there since the company opened and are not in the habit of vacating to allow others to move up.

The "coaching" or "guidance" you get to help you out is essentially meeting up with your manager once a month to tell you what you're doing wrong, tell you outdated tips that don't relate to your job as the managers haven't taken a phone call in years, and have no frame of reference for what the customer's needs are anymore.

They encourage you to make shady sales, like, literally selling TV to a blind person, or playing on the heart strings of the elderly to sell them internet, or one manager who told us to make a sales pitch to grieving family member who has to bury their relative.

They like to promote positive work/life balance, but truthfully trying to get a day off for a doctor's appointment, or an event is a task of Herculean proportions. Your request has to be made 2 months in advance and ,if you're lucky, Bell will allow you to have the day off you need, other wise you have to trade shifts with people that have grown so accustomed to having their weekends off they would never trade with you, and then once you can't do that you have to use one of your very limited Government
  more... regulated "E-days" in order to attend appointments to treat conditions that you get from working there.

Also, the benefit package recently went through an increase, because unsurprisingly, people actually started using them. So in order to fit in with the culture of bloodsucking foolery that they love so much, they decided to make employees pay a majority of the benefit plan.

All-in-all, they promise you a high salary in order to stay there because if they paid you any less I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to stay here, in fact the departments that do make less than $20 (Which is all of them except 1) have a very high turnover rate because the job just eats away at your soul.

So if you already don't have the capability for Human Empathy or you get your jollies taking advantage of the disabled and elderly, this job is perfect for you.
Pros
Great everyday normal people
Cons
Terrible management, terrible sales practices
horrible
Client Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 February 2019
hard to reach metrics
company doesn't care about employees
constantly doing shift work; never a consistent schedule
no opportunity for advancement in company
Environnement de travail tres productif et collaboratif
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 February 2019
Nordia is overall a great working place, the working environment is good especially the team work which to me means everything. We are able to learn from each other and to help one another. Being there for almost 3 years I was able to develop some customer service skills which I struggled with at the beginning. Also the type of management and coaching used in the company helped me a lot.
Horrible company
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 January 2019
I was working in Laval in 2018 , this is an horrible company they need ROBOT who execute call after call , they try to ( Motivate the team ) but it was a joke , this company make me hate Bell Canada and Outbound sell.
Great company
INBOUND AGENT (SUPERVISOR POSITION) (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 January 2019
Worked at Nordia for a year. Loved the company. Pay is awesome (way above min wage). Would work at Nordia anytime again. Great management as well. Paid vacation. They have raffles almost every week. I've seen some agents win XBOX One consoles, gift cards etc.
Pros
Everything is a PRO at Nordia
Awesome place to work
Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 January 2019
This is the first company I've worked for that I've enjoyed going to work.
They actually care about you as a person and a team member. The management team is there to help you succeed rather looking for a reason for you to fail. They trained me more extensively than I've ever been trained because they want to provide you will all the tools and knowledge to help people and make sure you are confident in what you're doing.
They will randomly have incentives to win different things just for doing your job. There is a level of care from a company that I've never experienced before and its amazing. They will make sure you're comfortable and try to arrange a schedule that will work best for your needs.
Most people reading reviews want to know about money... The pay is very good and there are options to earn bonuses just for doing your job.
There is also a euphoric feeling when someone brings a weird problem to you and you're the wizard that fixed it for them.
Pros
Great team environment, options to grow
no fun at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 January 2019
The place was multicultural but no freedom. The management and operation are not on the same page. Work under stress all the time with dirty carpet. Old computers that slow work all the time. Not a place to recommend.
Cons
Stressful job with great amount of supervision
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 January 2019
Accepting calls from customers. Get ready, they may be rude. Company monitors everything. you feel like a robot. Most of the departments have a sales component so dont start this job if you are not a salesperson. Get ready to work weekends and statutory holidays!
Pros
Free lunch from time to time
Cons
Constant supervision
Productive floor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 January 2019
Daily schedule is irregular for days off and start/finish times. Managers are in a hard spot answer to about and deal with workers. Production floor is friendly.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Irregular hours
Très satisfait
Agent service à la clientèle et vente (Former Employee) –  Jonquière, QC8 January 2019
Ce fut un réel plaisir de travailler avec une équipe aussi dynamique et sociable que celle-ci
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 January 2019
I did enjoy working with nordia, pool table in the games room, free gym, and a great group of people. people seem proud to work there and are very friendly.
Pros
the people were great, gym
Cons
nothing
Environnement du travail productif et accueillant
Agent service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC4 January 2019
Environnement du travail très productif et accueillant
Pros
accueil chaleureux
Got fired for mental illness
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 December 2018
Got hired and went through training, was at the top of my class and constantly told how I great I was doing by trainers, co-workers and higher ups.
Close to end of training, ended up having a panic attack in class which led to me having to reveal that I suffer from mental illness which sometimes causes me to need some time alone to process and recover before continuing work.
Few days later I was told I wasnt the right fit, when I asked where I had made a mistake in training so I can review and better myself I was flatly told that my work was not looked at and I was being let go due to upper management discussing what benefits the company most and essentially I was a risk.
Cons
Lied to, manipulated, gossiped about, biased management
Worst job i ever had
Technical Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 December 2018
This is by far the worst job i ever had.There is rampant nepotism around every job posting, some management cares, others you have to be friends with to get any sort of help, The client contradicts its own policies all the time, for example: you are punished for transferring a call to the proper department but you are also punished for not transferring. The client doesn't want to help fix issues for their customers example: when an issues has been happening for more than 30 days regardless if anyone has reported the issue or not, it is marked as a trending issue and is never set to resolve. You are micro managed about everything. The state of mental help in this job culture is deplorable especially since the client(bell) says it care about mental health. I was so depressed working here that it was a struggle to get out of bed most days. The hours are terrible unless you have been there since day one, even then you are lucky to get a decent shift sometimes. you will work every holiday as well if you were not hired within the first few group hires at this place, i was group 3(somewhere in the 60's for sonority) and had to work every one, they use a loop hole to make you work and are unable to request it off. i could say a lot more about nordia but i don't have the time for it. DO NOT WORK HERE
Pros
money is decent thats it
Cons
evrything else about the job
Fun place to work
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 December 2018
The company made the environment as fun and modern as they could for employees. There were even multiple satellite TV's in the breakroom. The coworkers were also very nice.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work great teamwork
Billing and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON30 November 2018
I really enjoy the people I work with the commission is a great incentive. Benefits are fantastic . I have worked here for 16 years and made many great friends I hope to have for life.
Pros
Benefits holidays
Cons
Weekend work
fun and diverse environment
Outbound Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
Training is great, learning while having fun. Management makes sure that there is a positive work environment that employees has less tiredness. My mentor and first Team manager mold me where I am now. I owe them so much that makes me more competitive and excel in everything I do.
Great environment
Bureau d'aide (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 November 2018
I've worked there for the longest
I loved my co-workers and my different job titles
within the call center, I was able to get different promotions
the commission was awesome
Les revenus d’abord!
Agent De Rétention + Aide Aux Agents De Niveau 1 (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC14 November 2018
Peu importe si le client en a besoin ou non ou s'il est possible d'offrir mieux pour moins cher, offrir du plus cher au moins cher au client, jusqu'à satisfaction de celui-ci. Ne pas donner trop d'informations afin que les clients continuent de payer des excédents d'utilisation et ainsi garder un maximum de revenus.
Pros
Salaire, avantages sociaux.
Cons
Horaires variables
Nordia
Agent (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 November 2018
Une belle place avec un bon équipe de travail. Travail temps plein

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordia. Our community is ready to answer.