Nordia

Nordia Employee Reviews

Working for Nordia can be stressful because of the push for sales and the expectations they expect you to perform but if you put in the work and show you want to do more they will recognize it and will move you up.There is lots of room for advancement and there is support there if you need it but no-one is going to hold your hand. You need to take the time to figure out what you want out of the company and pursue those goals. I worked for the company starting in customer service and within a month they saw an opportunity for advancement and offered it. I really enjoy the incentive program they have with the monthly hypes if sales is your thing then you'd be a good fit for the company. The bonuses are very nice and they post advancement opportunities where you can apply and have an interview and review your progress.
Pros
Employee Bonuses, Monthly Hypes, Flexibility work from home, Room for advancement
Cons
Hours and shifts based on seniority, team leaders not as helpful as would like
L'équipe est en général sympathique et l'ambiance de travail agréable (quand ce n'était pas à la maison) par contre la clientèle est très difficile, pas beaucoup de résolutions possibles (postes canada) beaucoup d'attentes irréalistes de la gestion quand le trois quart des clients sont enragés et on a aucune solution à leur proposer, on doit être personnalisé mais en même temps suivre un script à la lettre de manière quasi robotique. Le travail devient extrêmement lourd à la longue (insultes des clients, résultats qui donnent l'impression qu'on ne fait jamais son travail adéquatement. Vous serez bien traités chez Nordia mais attendez vous pas à être capable de rester longtemps parce que mentalement c'est ruff.
Pros
Collègues de travail, peu physique, salaire ok mais moins que beaucoup d'autres centres d'appels
Cons
Clients, attentes de résultats en chiffres non représentatifs
There is a culture of respect and civility which is respected by most employees and Management team. Expectations are set from the beginning regarding working conditions and compensation. However, there is some form of bureaucracy and favoritism.
Pros
Fun and nice work environment, great compensation plan.
Cons
Bureaucracy and favoritism
Well..let me start by saying a lot of the people that work as agents and TMs are awesome people but...there were a lot of changes that happened recently with upper management and there is new upper management that hasn’t even taken 5 minutes to write a formal email introducing them self, I would like to assume when someone takes over a whole new site that they would take the 5 minutes it takes to write an email introducing themselves and saying a little bit about there work history with the company etc..but we got nothing other than huge negative changes to policies that affect the agents greatly! We were told from a previous amazing upper management before that if we ever felt like a number to approach them and the moral was great back than all in all I would have recommended Nordia at that time! I think a lot of co-workers probably feel the same way but with little to no communication at all from the new upper management it’s tough to voice opinions and I have personally never felt like more of an employee number on a stats sheet more than I have these past 2 months! Wish the old upper management could come back! Nordia handled Covid ok by offering to work at home but now it’s really tough to stay motivated especially with the direction of this new upper management!
Pros
Decent Pay-Benefits-great TMs and Co-Workers
Cons
Upper management, low moral do to upper management
Je travaille ce moment dans le département des appels sortants (outbound) et je dirais que c'est de l'esclavage, on prend des appel Back à Back , même pas 01 seconde entre un appel et un autre, je vous assure que j'ai des insomnies et que je me considère pas comme une être humain mais plutôt une machine.Je vais juste préciser une chose: Bell fixe les conditions de travail et Nordia se plie à ces conditions.
Cons
Environnement stressant, aucune possibilité d'avancement malgré que la majorité des agents ont des diplômes universitaires
J'adore travailler chez Nordia depuis plus de 5 ans. C'est un employeur compréhensif et à l'écoute de ses employés. L'équipe est formidable.
Any customer service job can be stressful, but if you're prepared for that there are a lot of advantages to working at Nordia. I appreciate the convenience and safety of being able to work from home. I was impressed with how quickly the company adapted to the challenges this year, and employees started working from home asap if they wanted to. Customer service for the industries Nordia represents is a necessary and reliable job which is more important than ever. And I work with supportive and helpful coworkers and managers. There are good benefits and the chance for promotions. There are a variety of departments and positions, so you you can find one that suits you best.
Pros
work from home, good hours and benefits
Cons
customer service can be stressful at times
You’re a number, they treat you as such. There is no job security. You’re required to sell even though they tell you aren’t. They will also lie about your job performance as they know they can let you go at any time for any reason, even a fabricated one.
The job is what you expect from a call centre, sitting at a desk and taking calls. They did adapt very well to Covid 19. I was hired during the pandemic and training was on site but then it was 100% work from home. There was constant communication from the company about changes and it was a very easy process.
Extremely stressful environment, tends to overhire and then fire. You will be promised coachings and ways to be better but they will not stick to it and you will be on your own. Do not care for their employees. Major favouritism is at play. The company lies to its employees and you will always be in the dark. Has NO sympathy for mental health issues. Your seniority means nothing at all and they will shovel excuses to you
Pros
You can win a chocolate bar
Cons
Drains life out of you
16 November 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We're sorry your experience wasn't a more positive one as it does not reflect the culture at Nordia. We do our best to offer the best work environment and all the support necessary for our employees. Did you know that according to our most recent survey, 87% of our employees would recommend us as an employer to their friends and family? We care about our employees' wellbeing and take mental health at heart, which is why we have an open-door policy and we encourage our employees to come forward whenever they're facing an issue. Nonetheless, we wish you the best in your future career plans.
you are expected to up sell and sell products to people who want to cancel their services with the company. If you are good at selling people things they don't need or want then this is the job for you, make hand over fist with bonuses but if you have any sort of humanity in you or cant stand the though of having to sell things to people they did not call to come to buy then don't even bother applying.cant really go into the dodgy benefits without being specific but its not worth taking what they offer.
Pros
loads of many
Cons
dodgy benefits, emotianally draining.
27 September 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to share your review with us. We're sad to read about your experience and perception of Nordia. While we do know that working in sales and customer service comes with challenges and that it is not for everyone, but in no way do we push our employees to be or make the client feel uncomfortable. Our mission is to offer the best possible customer service, and we work hard to help our employees achieve this and be happy at Nordia.
Demoralizing place to work. Rather than acknowledge that processes were broken, fault was consistently placed on agents when we weren't given the tools needed to succeed. Some agents got regular feedback and coaching, while others went weeks or even months without an update even though our jobs relied on maintaining our stats. There was no consistency or fairness. Everything revolved around "the client" or "business needs" regardless of how out of touch with reality those needs were. This company uses and discards people, all while plastering on a false smile and claiming that "people are our business". In reality, business is their business and you are nothing but your numbers. If you have very thick skin and have a backup plan for when they inevitably over-hire and start purging staff and reducing EVERYONE's hours, you may last here. Otherwise, please look for a more respectful and positive environment because there is no job security here despite an extremely high turnover rate.
Pros
You can win a chocolate bar
Cons
No job security, reduced to numbers, inconsistent, broken systems and processes
27 September 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We're shocked and appaled by your allegations, as it does not reflect the values of Nordia or how we operate. We offer rigorous coaching and follow-ups to our employees, and going months without one or the other is not a reflection of the reality. At Nordia, we do put our employees at the heart of our business. In fact, 87% of our employees would recommend us as an employer to their friends and family, according to our latest internal survey. We're sorry your experience working for us wasn't up to your expectations, and we wish you nonetheless good luck with your future career plans.
very difficult to have a positive attitude while working at my nordia location. i found it almost impossible to get the support i required, and the job is stats based. so when you are not suceeding it feels you get stuck at the bottom as support is few and far between. i found much of management show favouritism to staff, also making it hard get support and succeed if you are not one of the favourites. and getting yelled at by customers day after day becomes very exhausting, with not even 10 seconds between calls to take a breather after being yelled at. if you can suck it up and push through that the pay and bonus can be worth it, but i find there is not enough money you can pay me to want to stay at this job for long.
Pros
casual dress, decent pay
Cons
stressful, lack of support, favourtism
4 September 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We're saddened to read that the work experience wasn't up to your expectations. At Nordia, we truly want to offer our employees the best work environment possible and we strive on making sure they get all the tools they need to succeed in their career. We also know that a career in customer service comes with its set of challenges, which is why we're proud of all the hard work our agents put in. Nonetheless, we wish you good luck in your future career plans.
It was a fun place to work at and the pay was really good, but the management ain't really it. A lot of good coworkers, friendly people. But some Team leaders might have big heads.
Pros
Good coffee machine
Cons
Bad team leaders
4 September 2020
Thank you for your honest review. We're glad you enjoyed working for Nordia even though your experience with some team leaders wasn't like you would've expected it. We want you to know that we strive to offer our employees the best work environment possible. We're taking note of your feedback and we wish you good luck for the future.
Heads up, this is a long one! If you're looking for a job that will test you, pay you generously and offer amazing medical benefits, look no further than Nordia. Offering some highly competitive wages in an era where customer service is paramount, Nordia is the happening spot if you breathe customer service. Your typical work day will involve speaking to customers in a contact center environment. Whether an inbound or an outbound call, your task is to provide exemplary customer service on behalf of different clients. Thinking on your feet is a must -- The calls will greatly vary in subject matter in length! In my position, management was a hit or miss situation. Most of the individuals that I reported to were quite personable and cared about their teams, whereas some leave much to be desired in terms of personality and honesty. Through interactions with other team managers in the center, I can say that Nordia has a mostly solid team of people to lead their employees to success. Unfortunately, when your success finds itself lacking, don't be surprised when they promise you things that they ultimately end up not delivering on. The performance management process that Nordia follows is acceptable, but they do not give you many options if you fall short of meeting expectations. Coincidentally, I found that meeting sales performance metrics was a challenge for me, even in ideal conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with. I would not be lying when I say that Nordia has some top notch agents. On some work days, I wasn't sure whether - more...
Pros
Great facilities, hot meals. hourly wages and benefits are generous, scheduling is flexible for part time/full time professionals as well as students, very culturally diverse.
Cons
Parking, honesty of certain people in management.
Environnement de travail est Productif et agréable ,avantage sociaux
Pros
Equipe et superviseur
Cons
Horaires de travail et salaires
14 August 2020
Merci d'avoir pris un moment pour partager votre expérience de travail avec nous. Vos commentaires sont importants et nous permettent de continuer à nous amliorer. Bonne chance pour la suite!
Your coworkers will be like a family to you. You'll have a lot of support from your fellow representatives. But if you deal with any mental health issues at this site, don't expect any support from management at any level. I was initially told that I'd start at a 3pm-12am shift schedule, but not to worry because there would be others hired and I'd quickly rise in seniority to get a better schedule. So, I took the job. But I quickly realized that they weren't hiring like they said they would. After a year, my schedule wasn't getting to where I needed it to be. So I brought them doctor's notes; three of them. All three were denied, with even the HR manager for the site saying "these won't get you better than your seniority will." I had a meeting with the site manager that was completely pointless and didn't help. After that meeting I was quickly put on a "performance plan" and pushed out until I was forced to quit. Before you say "this doesn't reflect our values", Nordia, tell that to your entire upper management staff.
14 August 2020
We are sorry to hear that your experience at Nordia is not a positive one and we take your comments seriously. We understand that customer service can be taxing at times and that schedules can be challenging, but that’s part of the job. We are also sorry for the emotional ordeal you experienced while working at Nordia. Although we are unable to comment on your particular case, rest assured that supportting our employees is at the heart of our priorities.
If you think you're friends with someone, think again. You'll get thrown under the bus to save face faster than a twinkie gone at a weight watchers meeting. Also a fitting analogy for this place. Silly childish motivating tactics to increase positivity didn't detract, but were disheartening to those of us with a few more brain cells hoping for actual incentives to make us care. The few we haswere taekn away evntually.
Pros
It's in a convenient location
Cons
Brown nosing managers schemed and got rid of the few honest and nice trainers, managers, and employees who didn't waste their time with drama.
16 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're truly saddened to read about it as it is truly far from the values we believe in and work environment we strive to offer. Please do know that we're taking your comment at heart and we'll take a closer look at the situation. We're sorry your experience with us wasn't as you would've expected it. Nonetheless, we wish you good luck for your future career projects.
Honestly out of all the other call centers they are the most flexible. Competitive pay. However it is still a call center. You're still a number. Things still come down from the top. You still work for a major client. There is little room to grow in the company. If you need a pay cheque then it's okay.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes and a cafeteria.
Cons
Repetitive and mentally exhausting.
16 July 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We understand that working in the customer service industry can be challenging; however, we're saddened to read about your perception of Nordia. In the #NordiaPeterborough team, there is always room for employees to grow, and we do our best to provide them with the best work environment. Did you know that 87% of Nordia's employees would recommend us as an employer to their friends and family? However, we want you to know that we're taking note of your comment, and we'll strive to do better.
Ce travail m'a fait entrer dans le domaine de la service a la clientèle
16 July 2020
Merci pour votre commentaire et bonne continuation dans votre future carrière! :)
Training is intense for several weeks. The rules are defined and strict. Fast pace environment and driven. Pay rate is competitive however union fees and benefits eat at your income. Not worth it in the end because your net income barely covers necessities after all the deductions. Plus the bus routes are not compatible with your shifts. Bus stop at 15min walk
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Too many deductions on bi-weekly pay
16 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We understand that customer service jobs come with their set of challenges; however, we're continually trying to offer the best work environment and working conditions to our employees. We wish you the best for your future career opportunities.
  1. Employee reviews