Nordia Employee Reviews

Nordia
Full-Time National Channel Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2018
The environment has became very negative after being here for nearly 3 and a half years. I find management has chosen a small group of favoritism as they do not offer the same scheduling systems to all of their employees therefore causing issues on the floor.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the changes that management makes without the employees being told.
It's a call centre
Outbound Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON1 October 2018
It was at one point a decent place to work considering it's a call centre, which is never pleasant. Now they're constantly changing bonus criteria to make it harder to get and demanding that we never do anything that isn't work related.

No checking the weather or looking at silly pictures or anything that might distract you for a few seconds of your grueling, repetitive, mind numbingly boring day. No pictures no books no websites no decorations of any kind. Just 8 hours of misery in a dirty grey cubby. You can't even escape to the bathroom, they'll time you.

Limited advancement opportunities, reasonably secure job, reasonable pay. Sometimes they give us free food, other times they sell it to us.
Pros
Looks good on resume, does provide benefits at the moment.
Cons
See review.
Worst company ever
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 September 2018
If you want to work for a company that offers nothing but broken promises and care nothing about their employees you found the place. They will tell you what you want to hear but have no intentions of to sticking to what they said. they love to sweep issues under the rug and hope you just forget about it, or get so frustrated that you drop the issue. Unless of course you are bilingual, a minority, or have a great rack they will bend over backwards for you. They need to install revolving doors in the place cause the turn over rate is the fastest I have ever seen. My suggestion would be avoid this place like it is field with the walking dead.
environnement de travail productif et agréable
Sherbrooke, QC, Canada (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC26 September 2018
belle entreprise qui offre beaucoup d'avantage pour un fiinissant.
Pros
avantages sociaux
Cons
salaire non concurrentiel
Cashier
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John22 September 2018
Working at PetSmart was a lot of fun but there’s not much opportunity to grow within the company. Although they are very accommodating for part time people in school.
Professional, positive, and friendly work environment.
NCS Agent (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 September 2018
Nordia is a fantastic employer and a great opportunity for driven individuals craving a fast-paced yet supportive work environment. Career advancement is not only supported, but actively encouraged throughout the entire workplace. Flexible hours and a competitive salary combined with a professional and fun corporate culture make Nordia a perfect fit for anyone with an interest in customer service. While you may have stressful calls, support is always there to ensure your success. I would highly recommend Nordia to anyone looking for an interesting and rewarding career.
Pros
Competitive wage, flexible hours, positive wok environment
Cons
Periods of high-call volume
fun place with baby foot table
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 September 2018
I worked at Nordia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, nice people, inbound calls only for customer service representatives, advancement

Cons

Not much support on the floor from the supervisors, the advancement is on the ''business level'', where you have to sell services and stuff to the customers, instead of creating service tickets as customer service representative. Pay is low considering the work load. Unilingual agents have some respite between their calls, but bilingual agents are getting hammered with non-stop calls back-to-back. The ''advancement'' is kinda being forced on you, they don't let you chose if you want to stay as a Customer Service Representative or a Commercial Businnes Agent. It's fun at first, but after a short while, it gets very stressful.
Productive Environment
National Channel Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 September 2018
Good environment to work in. Staff and Management are very supportive. Benefits are provided included comprehensive health and dental and an rrsp are available. The main duty is supporting Bell, Virgin, and Lucky Mobile retail agents with issues within their tools and applying promotions for clients. The hardest part of the job would be speaking to customers and advising them of policy restrictions that do not enable them to do what they want, but that's the case for many customer service jobs.

The only issue I have found is whenever you need a particular day off it is not easy to get as there is limited requests available for each day. Trading is also difficult amongst co-workers if you don't have ideal shifts.
Pros
Extra-curricular Activities, Comprehensive Benefits
Cons
Scheduling Requests are not granted
Lies from the start this company dont reccomend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 August 2018
Overall the job pays good good employes like a family but when it comes to stats met it not even possible you feel like a robot trying to meet there standards and when it comes to bonus they change the bonus structure to where you can never make any. They tell you all this stuff you can make in the beginning and are nice to you then further you go you just a apart of the desk. If I would meet there standards I would probably be a machine sitting up straight looking at two formats waiting for a call .... you can see how boring it is ..... call center life . But over all the bosses and tls are great just the structure they have a nordia is wack , if you think you can move up in there company think again I wouldn't be putting in a long mind set on a career there if you want fast cash prob the best thing , .don't recommend. Literally you have to be a robot .

AND IF YOU RWPLY BACK HERE IS A MESSAGE FOR YOU!!!
Growth in the company is a joke you lie and lie to get people in , if you reply to this message your just trying to cover your own lies I DON'T RECOMMEND this place , they Treat you like cattle. Don't say I told you so guys. I'm actually really happy I'm out off that place ouff . Your worth more then this guys go find something different !! As for a sales man im exellent at it and focused your system is not supportive or reasonable .
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everyrhibg i just said
Great place to work wonderful people
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 August 2018
Nordia has a great work culture and I would recommend this call center to anyone interested in working in the field that being said it is a call center
Pros
Great staff nice environment
Cons
Call center pay
28 August 2018

Wow Thank your for this great review! Employees are the backbone of our success, so your comments are really appreciated :)

Great job if you can handle the stress
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 August 2018
The facilities, management and general working conditions were fantastic at Nordia. I worked in Customer Care and in Fraud. In Care you come across so many customers with unrealistic demands and want to hit your targets for bonus and it was so stressful and after a few months I couldn't handle the stress of it. In Fraud the stress was better, but you are looking at accounts with thousands of dollars owing on them and determining that it is legitimate and having the customer screaming at you claiming that it's not their account. That got to be too much stress after a few months as well. Some people did really well there and enjoyed their jobs, but I found that I am too caring of a person and the job really got to me and made me miserable even when I was not at work.
28 August 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Customer service can be challenging and is not for everyone. This being said, we work hard to provide our employees with with the best training and support possible so that they can develop their skills and be successful. Best of luck.

fun place to work
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 August 2018
It was sometimes mentally draining but management always found ways to keep employees motivated. I enjoyed the team huddles the pay was good and overall good work ethic
28 August 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to share your work experience at Nordia. Your feedback is important and allows us to continually improve the work environment.

$25/hour? It's actually $13.75 an hour + a $2.50 "premium" when you're taking/making calls. The rest is made through bonus, which has been reduced.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 August 2018
So let me preface this by saying the job itself has become terrible.

It used to be good, but do you expect working for a corporation to be fun and worth while? That's what they advertise, but let's be real. We all know eventually the people on the front line are the ones who'll eventually get taken advantage of because the people in head office only want to make more money.

So in order to do so, there's been recent cut backs in bonus pay makes it less desirable to for for the company. Recent cut backs in hours, so it's not even full time anymore like they advertise. No more available overtime, but they'll give excuses to why you can't do your supervisor/tier work because there's not enough productive hours. TL;DR of productive hours is: the more hours you can bill their clients (the people you make/take calls for), the more money you make in bonus, and the more things you can do aside from your regular work.

The ONLY reason to work here at the people you work with, and which such a high turnover rate, that's not even something that really helps after being employed for 2 years.
28 August 2018

Hello. Actually, as clearly stated in our job posting, when you take total compensation (salary, premiums and bonuses), it works out to around $25/hr, which is a great salary. But our best specialists make even more. We’re proud to offer the best compensation in our industry and that’s why we attract the best. We regret that your work experience didn’t meet your expectations. Customer service can be a challenging job and it is not for everyone. Good luck in your future career.

Not a lot of room for growth and very political
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 August 2018
Very reactive not very big on a proper work life balance. Incentives are subjective as well. Everyone is not treated equally and focus is not always placed on the right things.
28 August 2018

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. To be clear, we care deeply about generating a positive culture and ensuring equal opportunity for all. If issues do pop up that can’t be resolved with your manager, you can always take it to the next level or even to senior management. It’s all part of our commitment to being recognized by our employees as a great place to work.

Formation stimulante/travail avantageux
Agent de centre d'appel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 August 2018
Les exercices pendant la formation étaient stimulant avec des mises en situations variées et de l'apprentissage sur les différents systèmes et procédures du travail. Beaucoup de pratique sur les mises en situation. Une fois sur le plancher, le travail était agréable et on recevait du soutient au besoin. Bon travail d'équipe et individuel.
28 August 2018

Merci d'avoir pris un moment pour nous écrire. Vos commentaires sont toujours appréciés. Bonne continuité!

Excellent Company
Phone Rep (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 August 2018
Great management team
Excellent pay and bonuses
early morning shifts are great
advancement possibilities
Great team members and collaboration
Funn and enjoyable
28 August 2018

Thank you for this great review! Your endorsement means a lot to us!

Over rated
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC2 August 2018
Just you basic typical call center. They train you to con customers in upgrading services. If you don't perform in pressured sales you get met by the site director and threathen to fire you if you don't con the customers. Basically stay away from this company.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Fraudulent sales
28 August 2018

We're sorry that you didn't have a positive experience and we take your comment seriously. The situation you describe does not reflect Nordia's culture. We make every effort to offer the best possible service to our customers as it's a top priority. Skills development is also part of our core values and we invest a lot of effort to ensure that our employees feel supported and can grow their career at Nordia. That said, we can always improve and we thank you for the feedback.

Fun place to work if you like call centers management is great
Billing representative for bell aliant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 August 2018
Great place to work. Relaxed environment. Great benefits lots of room to advance in the career. With working at nordia they do a lot for their employees like pot licks and food and job security ect.
28 August 2018

Thank you for the great review!We strive to be the best place to work in Canada so it always gratifying to hear about experiences like yours.

Giving you an opportunity
ERT/Solutions Specialist Virgin Mobile (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 July 2018
Let me be upfront-Nordia is a call center--we all know that working in a call center can be stressful. That being said here is what I have found out while working at Nordia
Is everything perfect at Nordia--NO,
Does Nordia strive to correct errors/situations when identified--YES
Is Senior Management availabe--YES
Is Team Leaders/SME/Floor Support//HR/OM available--YES
Is the pay good--YES (i think it is higher than most call centers)
Are there incentives--YES ( based on dept some are weekly/monthly)
Is there room for advancement--YES (you have to show initiative)
Overall workplace atmosphere- POSITIVE
Support from team leaders--AMAZING in my department.
Gym--YES
Cafeteria--YES
Showers--YES
What do you have to bring to Nordia: a willingness to learn, adapt to changes, respect for policies & procedures, co workers, and customers, the ability to not take calls personally and to help turn an upset member into a happy one.!
What will Nordia give to you: acknowledgement for job well done, incentives, and a VERY nice paycheck!!!
I have been with Nordia for almost 2 years and I can personally say that with the right attitude you will have an amazing workplace.
Will everything be perfect everyday--NO
Can you turn the day around--YES
So come join us. You don't know what you are missing.
Pros
Incentives, Staff Appreciation Days, Free Giveaways
Cons
Team Leaders require additional support with their workload
7 August 2018

wow! Thank your for this amazing review! Employees are the backbone of our success, so your comments are really appreciated :)

Great Place to work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nordia BC26 July 2018
Call centre work is not an easy job. Customer retention and billing can be even tougher. At Nordia we understand that this job description is not ideal so we work with you to the best of our abilities to make this a great place to work. You will always see management smiling, trainers will check in with you and we will help continue your success to the best of your ability
Pros
BBQ fridays, Year end party, community involvement
Cons
the customers
7 August 2018

Wow! Thank you for the great feedback! We put a lot of energy into creating a great work environment and providing a pleasant work experience. We are glad that you appreciate it.