Nordia Employee Reviews

Professional, positive, and friendly work environment.
NCS Agent (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 September 2018
Nordia is a fantastic employer and a great opportunity for driven individuals craving a fast-paced yet supportive work environment. Career advancement is not only supported, but actively encouraged throughout the entire workplace. Flexible hours and a competitive salary combined with a professional and fun corporate culture make Nordia a perfect fit for anyone with an interest in customer service. While you may have stressful calls, support is always there to ensure your success. I would highly recommend Nordia to anyone looking for an interesting and rewarding career.
Pros
Competitive wage, flexible hours, positive wok environment
Cons
Periods of high-call volume
19 November 2018

Wow! Thank you for this awesome review! We strive to be the best place to work in Canada so it always gratifying to hear about experiences like yours. :)

Productive Environment
National Channel Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 September 2018
Good environment to work in. Staff and Management are very supportive. Benefits are provided included comprehensive health and dental and an rrsp are available. The main duty is supporting Bell, Virgin, and Lucky Mobile retail agents with issues within their tools and applying promotions for clients. The hardest part of the job would be speaking to customers and advising them of policy restrictions that do not enable them to do what they want, but that's the case for many customer service jobs.

The only issue I have found is whenever you need a particular day off it is not easy to get as there is limited requests available for each day. Trading is also difficult amongst co-workers if you don't have ideal shifts.
Pros
Extra-curricular Activities, Comprehensive Benefits
Cons
Scheduling Requests are not granted
5 November 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience! We are happy to hear that you appreciate our efforts to provide a rewarding and supportive work environment and the best compensation in the industry.

It's a call centre
Outbound Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON1 October 2018
It was at one point a decent place to work considering it's a call centre, which is never pleasant. Now they're constantly changing bonus criteria to make it harder to get and demanding that we never do anything that isn't work related.

No checking the weather or looking at silly pictures or anything that might distract you for a few seconds of your grueling, repetitive, mind numbingly boring day. No pictures no books no websites no decorations of any kind. Just 8 hours of misery in a dirty grey cubby. You can't even escape to the bathroom, they'll time you.

Limited advancement opportunities, reasonably secure job, reasonable pay. Sometimes they give us free food, other times they sell it to us.
Pros
Looks good on resume, does provide benefits at the moment.
Cons
See review.
5 November 2018

We are sorry that your experience at Nordia is not a positive one. It’s always good to get feedback from an employee as it enables us to learn and grow as a company. To be fair however, we feel that your review is not representative of Nordia's culture and values. We work hard to provide all our employees with an environment where they feel respected, supported and that their contributions are valued. We continually look for ways to ensure that employees have equal access to growth and development opportunities. That's one of the reasons why we have the best employee retention and highest employee satisfaction in the industry.

As call centres go this one can be quite fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON4 October 2018
There are many employee events going on and chances to win prizes. People from all walks of life are welcomed. Working in a job that you have to handle a lot of frustrated or angry customers is never going to be a walk in the park.. but most of management has come from the floor so they do understand. That's another point . The advancement does come from within. We are ahead of the curb on protecting customer privacy and complying with the new government laws. If you understand the business, then you know that our client dictates the measurement of stats and management has to balance the needs of the employees with the demands of the client. Many places I have worked before will tend to only tell you what you did wrong and you have to be grown up enough to take it. Nordia is different because even if you have poor stats they tell you what you're doing right too. Moral is important to the company. They actually measure it! How many companies do that?
Pros
Incentives above wage. Contests Prizes . Time off the phones for training
Cons
some employee have poor attitudes aren't prepared for this type of job
5 November 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for this great review. Employees are the backbone of our success, so your comments are really appreciated :) Your endorsment means alot to us!

Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 April 2018
I Have worked for Nordia for three years now ,Choosing to work for Nordia would be a great idea for anyone .They have very helpful management that are all friendly and eager to help you succeed and they have always been accommodating . Working in DMC (sales ) has great benefits to it from the upbeat atmosphere to the great bonus they offer on top of your regular very competitive pay you don't have to be the top sales agent to take home extra pay .I work consistent hours I never have to question what my schedule will be which helps make life much easier . This company has lots of room for moving up if you wish but doesn't pressure you to do so . I have never worked with such great co-workers and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Worst job i ever had
Technical Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 December 2018
This is by far the worst job i ever had.There is rampant nepotism around every job posting, some management cares, others you have to be friends with to get any sort of help, The client contradicts its own policies all the time, for example: you are punished for transferring a call to the proper department but you are also punished for not transferring. The client doesn't want to help fix issues for their customers example: when an issues has been happening for more than 30 days regardless if anyone has reported the issue or not, it is marked as a trending issue and is never set to resolve. You are micro managed about everything. The state of mental help in this job culture is deplorable especially since the client(bell) says it care about mental health. I was so depressed working here that it was a struggle to get out of bed most days. The hours are terrible unless you have been there since day one, even then you are lucky to get a decent shift sometimes. you will work every holiday as well if you were not hired within the first few group hires at this place, i was group 3(somewhere in the 60's for sonority) and had to work every one, they use a loop hole to make you work and are unable to request it off. i could say a lot more about nordia but i don't have the time for it. DO NOT WORK HERE
Pros
money is decent thats it
Cons
evrything else about the job
fun and diverse environment
Outbound Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
Training is great, learning while having fun. Management makes sure that there is a positive work environment that employees has less tiredness. My mentor and first Team manager mold me where I am now. I owe them so much that makes me more competitive and excel in everything I do.
fun place with baby foot table
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 September 2018
I worked at Nordia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, nice people, inbound calls only for customer service representatives, advancement

Cons

Not much support on the floor from the supervisors, the advancement is on the ''business level'', where you have to sell services and stuff to the customers, instead of creating service tickets as customer service representative. Pay is low considering the work load. Unilingual agents have some respite between their calls, but bilingual agents are getting hammered with non-stop calls back-to-back. The ''advancement'' is kinda being forced on you, they don't let you chose if you want to stay as a Customer Service Representative or a Commercial Businnes Agent. It's fun at first, but after a short while, it gets very stressful.
5 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us. Career opportunities and personal growth is important to us. This is why we continually look for ways to ensure that our employees have equal access to growth and development opportunities. As an example, the majority of our managers started their career as Nordia agents. We wish you the best of luck in your furture endeavours

Great job if you can handle the stress
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 August 2018
The facilities, management and general working conditions were fantastic at Nordia. I worked in Customer Care and in Fraud. In Care you come across so many customers with unrealistic demands and want to hit your targets for bonus and it was so stressful and after a few months I couldn't handle the stress of it. In Fraud the stress was better, but you are looking at accounts with thousands of dollars owing on them and determining that it is legitimate and having the customer screaming at you claiming that it's not their account. That got to be too much stress after a few months as well. Some people did really well there and enjoyed their jobs, but I found that I am too caring of a person and the job really got to me and made me miserable even when I was not at work.
28 August 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Customer service can be challenging and is not for everyone. This being said, we work hard to provide our employees with with the best training and support possible so that they can develop their skills and be successful. Best of luck.

Great management, positive workspace.
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 November 2018
I've had less than positive experiences with call center work at other companies in the past, but this place is different. The training is challenging yet effective and management is supportive and consistent.
The hours can be inconsistent over a few weeks, but are definitely negotiable. Performance incentives keep things interesting and there are lots of prizes to be won in a month. Morale is high here, so it's a pretty positive place to work in.
Pros
Performance incentives, monthly events, great support
Cons
Seniority based scheduling
Fun place to work if you like call centers management is great
Billing representative for bell aliant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 August 2018
Great place to work. Relaxed environment. Great benefits lots of room to advance in the career. With working at nordia they do a lot for their employees like pot licks and food and job security ect.
28 August 2018

Thank you for the great review!We strive to be the best place to work in Canada so it always gratifying to hear about experiences like yours.

Giving you an opportunity
ERT/Solutions Specialist Virgin Mobile (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 July 2018
Let me be upfront-Nordia is a call center--we all know that working in a call center can be stressful. That being said here is what I have found out while working at Nordia
Is everything perfect at Nordia--NO,
Does Nordia strive to correct errors/situations when identified--YES
Is Senior Management availabe--YES
Is Team Leaders/SME/Floor Support//HR/OM available--YES
Is the pay good--YES (i think it is higher than most call centers)
Are there incentives--YES ( based on dept some are weekly/monthly)
Is there room for advancement--YES (you have to show initiative)
Overall workplace atmosphere- POSITIVE
Support from team leaders--AMAZING in my department.
Gym--YES
Cafeteria--YES
Showers--YES
What do you have to bring to Nordia: a willingness to learn, adapt to changes, respect for policies & procedures, co workers, and customers, the ability to not take calls personally and to help turn an upset member into a happy one.!
What will Nordia give to you: acknowledgement for job well done, incentives, and a VERY nice paycheck!!!
I have been with Nordia for almost 2 years and I can personally say that with the right attitude you will have an amazing workplace.
Will everything be perfect everyday--NO
Can you turn the day around--YES
So come join us. You don't know what you are missing.
Pros
Incentives, Staff Appreciation Days, Free Giveaways
Cons
Team Leaders require additional support with their workload
7 August 2018

wow! Thank your for this amazing review! Employees are the backbone of our success, so your comments are really appreciated :)

Excellent Company
Phone Rep (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 August 2018
Great management team
Excellent pay and bonuses
early morning shifts are great
advancement possibilities
Great team members and collaboration
Funn and enjoyable
28 August 2018

Thank you for this great review! Your endorsement means a lot to us!

Hard job with low saticfaction
Trainer / Client Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 April 2018
I worked here for a year very soon after they began working as a call centre for Bell Canada.
As a 3rd party call centre, there few of the benefits of working for the main company, and all the negatives.
The job at the time, the company lost contracts often so it may have changed, was to field calls from angry Bell Mobility customers looking to cancel their service. As you can imagine they don't often call while in a good mood.
I was screamed at daily and my job was to try a minimum of 3 times while being screamed at to save the customer. 3 in 4 calls ended in termination of the service which leads to zero job satisfaction.
People regularly broke down while taking calls because they were treated so poorly by customers.
Nordia pays significantly less than Bell pays internal employees to do the same job.
Nordia's Management was very poor at the time I worked there. The site managers deligated people as young as 20 to run the teams for them as "managers". these managers received no real training (I was one of them at 21) in management and were left to fend for themselves often.
Pros
few
Cons
many
Terrible Management, good benefits
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 January 2018
- Management does not even attempt to compromise when it comes to work/life balance: One colleague of mine was scheduled to work on their OWN WEDDING DAY even though they requested it off months in advance. They subsequently had to go through weeks of negotiation and red tape to get the day off.
- If you are too sick to work you are often shamed by supervisors and questioned
- Hours are not flexible at all. Shifts are given by seniority, so the people who have been working there longest are given priority to choose hours, even if they are statistically worse at their job than you.
- Toxic seniority culture: Senior team members get preferential treatment even if they are statistically worse at their job.
- Some good supervisors and colleagues, there is definitely potential for it to be a great work environment
- The jobs themselves can be mentally and emotionally stressful (call centre) and this is not always taken into consideration by supervisors or management when a staff member needs to take a break.
- Good pay and health benefits even for part-time workers.
Pros
Good Benefits and Pay
Cons
Terrible Hours, Bad Management, Toxic Seniority Culture
Depressing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC30 October 2018
Sure, they pay well and the bonus is great but it is very difficult and stressful to achieve it. Monthly targets keep getting worse.The priority is always to save "that" account from deactivation, no matter what. Very stressful work environment, would not recommend losing your health over a paycheck. Unsanitary work stations that you share with others.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from the management
Nordia
Full-Time National Channel Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 October 2018
The environment has became very negative after being here for nearly 3 and a half years. I find management has chosen a small group of favoritism as they do not offer the same scheduling systems to all of their employees therefore causing issues on the floor.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the changes that management makes without the employees being told.
5 November 2018

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Nordia is not a positive one and we take your comments seriously. It is very surprising and disappointing for us, as development is at the core of our values. Customer service can be demanding, but we strive to provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment as well as development opportunities. We are continuously looking for avenues to improve the work experience of our staff and your feedback gives us the opportunity to do so.

directory assistance operator
Directory Assistance Operator (Former Employee) –  Corunna, ON7 June 2018
Enjoyed dealing with public assisting them with their needs. Learned a lot about the geography of the world. Always a learning experience. And many ways of advancement.
Pros
love to talk to people
Cons
long hours sitting
9 July 2018

We appreciate the good feedback! We hope that the skills and experience you got at Nordia will help you in your future endeavors.

25/hr is simply untrue
LOYALTY AGENT (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 October 2018
Don’t let this add fool you, you won’t see 25/hr consistently. Your first 3 months you have lower goals do you can potentially make bonus above the 17/18 actual dollars an hour you get paid. This is assuming you stats don’t get submarined by rampant deact avoidance and sale fraud. Oh and even if you finish tier one don’t be surprised if your bonus doesn’t add up, as management often changes things without any evidence. On the Nanaimo site there was a team that was notorious for this, and nothing really happened regardless of coaching. The team lead would give her team coded offers and break the rules to make sure she was tops. They consistently lower the allowed time on calls, as call volume is a way they make money, while wanting you to sell multiple lines of business and save what people have.
When I left to go make more money, 2/3 of house hold loyalty was on stress leave, that’s not a healthy work environment. Maybe mobility is different, but house hold loyalty is a lot of stress for 17-18/hr. If you want to make over 25 an hour, apply at the saw mills, all you need is workboots and a good work ethic. You won’t have to listen to racist people dump on your overseas counterparts, people swearing at you over priced in Ontario and Quebec.
Pros
Few nice people
Cons
No transparency from management, often manipulate stats to not payout bonus.
5 November 2018

We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience working at Nordia and we take your feedback seriously. However, to be fair, we feel that your review is not representative of Nordia's culture and values. We work hard to provide all our employees with an environment where they feel respected and supported and where their contribution is appreciated. That's why 82% of our employees recommend us to family and friends. We wish you good luck.

Great Place to work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nordia BC26 July 2018
Call centre work is not an easy job. Customer retention and billing can be even tougher. At Nordia we understand that this job description is not ideal so we work with you to the best of our abilities to make this a great place to work. You will always see management smiling, trainers will check in with you and we will help continue your success to the best of your ability
Pros
BBQ fridays, Year end party, community involvement
Cons
the customers
7 August 2018

Wow! Thank you for the great feedback! We put a lot of energy into creating a great work environment and providing a pleasant work experience. We are glad that you appreciate it.