Nordia Employee Reviews

Formation stimulante/travail avantageux
Agent de centre d'appel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 August 2018
Les exercices pendant la formation étaient stimulant avec des mises en situations variées et de l'apprentissage sur les différents systèmes et procédures du travail. Beaucoup de pratique sur les mises en situation. Une fois sur le plancher, le travail était agréable et on recevait du soutient au besoin. Bon travail d'équipe et individuel.
Excellent Company
Phone Rep (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 August 2018
Great management team
Excellent pay and bonuses
early morning shifts are great
advancement possibilities
Great team members and collaboration
Funn and enjoyable
Over rated
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC2 August 2018
Just you basic typical call center. They train you to con customers in upgrading services. If you don't perform in pressured sales you get met by the site director and threathen to fire you if you don't con the customers. Basically stay away from this company.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Fraudulent sales
Fun place to work if you like call centers management is great
Billing representative for bell aliant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 August 2018
Great place to work. Relaxed environment. Great benefits lots of room to advance in the career. With working at nordia they do a lot for their employees like pot licks and food and job security ect.
Giving you an opportunity
ERT/Solutions Specialist Virgin Mobile (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 July 2018
Let me be upfront-Nordia is a call center--we all know that working in a call center can be stressful. That being said here is what I have found out while working at Nordia
Is everything perfect at Nordia--NO,
Does Nordia strive to correct errors/situations when identified--YES
Is Senior Management availabe--YES
Is Team Leaders/SME/Floor Support//HR/OM available--YES
Is the pay good--YES (i think it is higher than most call centers)
Are there incentives--YES ( based on dept some are weekly/monthly)
Is there room for advancement--YES (you have to show initiative)
Overall workplace atmosphere- POSITIVE
Support from team leaders--AMAZING in my department.
Gym--YES
Cafeteria--YES
Showers--YES
What do you have to bring to Nordia: a willingness to learn, adapt to changes, respect for policies & procedures, co workers, and customers, the ability to not take calls personally and to help turn an upset member into a happy one.!
What will Nordia give to you: acknowledgement for job well done, incentives, and a VERY nice paycheck!!!
I have been with Nordia for almost 2 years and I can personally say that with the right attitude you will have an amazing workplace.
Will everything be perfect everyday--NO
Can you turn the day around--YES
So come join us. You don't know what you are missing.
Pros
Incentives, Staff Appreciation Days, Free Giveaways
Cons
Team Leaders require additional support with their workload
7 August 2018

wow! Thank your for this amazing review! Employees are the backbone of our success, so your comments are really appreciated :)

Great Place to work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nordia BC26 July 2018
Call centre work is not an easy job. Customer retention and billing can be even tougher. At Nordia we understand that this job description is not ideal so we work with you to the best of our abilities to make this a great place to work. You will always see management smiling, trainers will check in with you and we will help continue your success to the best of your ability
Pros
BBQ fridays, Year end party, community involvement
Cons
the customers
7 August 2018

Wow! Thank you for the great feedback! We put a lot of energy into creating a great work environment and providing a pleasant work experience. We are glad that you appreciate it.

mentally the hardest job
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 July 2018
worked here for almost 2 years. basically you get verbally abused, talked down to, and yelled at by bell clients all day and there is little to nothing you can do about it. "loyalty and retention" is the cancellation department... its rare you get the chance to talk to someone that doesn't want to rip your head off. thats the job and thats why you get paid so well.
7 August 2018

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Nordia is not a positive one. Customer service can be demanding, but we strive to provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment as well as development opportunities. We are continuously looking for avenues to improve the work experience of our staff and your feedback gives us the opportunity to do so.

fun place to work, lots of activities and multicultural work enviornment
Bell Household Retention & Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC14 July 2018
Learned to be patient with the customer, understand their concern and troubleshoot their problem and provide and a complete solution for the customer.
7 August 2018

Thank you for the good feedback! Our aim to create this kind of environment which fosters such skills, so we are extremely happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with us.

Quebec
préposé au service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC3 July 2018
Bonne formation et bon travail d'équipe. La formatrice est excellente. Les clients sont courtois.
9 July 2018

Merci d'avoir pris un moment de nous témoigner votre satisfaction. C'est gradement apprécié! Nous sommes heureux que vous appréciez nos efforts pour offrir la meilleure formation possible à nos employés. Bonne continuité!

Good pay and bonuses
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON2 July 2018
Good to hardworking employees with great benefits great pay and excellent training Enjoyable people to work with and always able to transfer once you get your experience and prove your integrity with good attendance you will succeed.
Pros
great hours and free lunches and bonuses
Cons
Can be hard to meet quotas but will get coaching and help
9 July 2018

Wow! Thank you for the great feedback! We strive to be the best place to work and it always makes us happy to hear that our employees are enjoying their time with us.

Nice people and good salary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 June 2018
Very nice work space, hours were cut for part timers. People, pay and hours were perfect before cuts. Working for customer service is beneficial compared to retention.
9 July 2018

Hi! Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate it!

directory assistance operator
Directory Assistance Operator (Former Employee) –  Corunna, ON7 June 2018
Enjoyed dealing with public assisting them with their needs. Learned a lot about the geography of the world. Always a learning experience. And many ways of advancement.
Pros
love to talk to people
Cons
long hours sitting
9 July 2018

We appreciate the good feedback! We hope that the skills and experience you got at Nordia will help you in your future endeavors.

Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 June 2018
Awesome Company to work for. It has great benefits and a onsite gym and free underground parking. You also get use you skills you are taught on every call.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Days
Cons
Cranky Customers
9 July 2018

Wow, thanks for the amazing review! We wish you all the best :)

Bonne ambiance de travail, Multiculturelle, directrice vraiment proche des employés et beaucoup d'avantages sociaux
Agent de la collection au centre d'appel (Current Employee) –  Québec26 May 2018
Travailler pour Nordia m'a permis de me perfectionner dans l'organisation du travail dans le conseil et de m'adresser au client avec professionnalisme.
Pros
De bons avantages sociaux.
Cons
Horaires très variables
9 July 2018

Bonjour. Merci de partager avec nous votre expérience chez Nordia. Nous espérons que les compétences et l'expérience que vous avez acquises chez Nordia vous aideront dans vos projets futurs.

Belle ambiance de travail
Commis service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 May 2018
Les horaires de travail sont faite de façon à offrir une certaine stabilité aux employés.
La flexibilité en terme de disponibilité est un grand atout pour les étudiants qui y travaille.
Pros
très bon environnement de travail
Cons
pas très accessible en transport en commun
9 July 2018

Merci d'avoir pris un moment de nous témoigner votre satisfaction. C'est gradement apprécié! Nous sommes heureux que vous appréciez nos efforts pour offrir les meilleurs horaires possibles à tous nos employés. Bonne chance pour la suite

Bon boulot
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2018
Comment se comporter pendant les ventes envers la clientele
Pros
Flexible
9 July 2018

Merci d'avoir pris un moment pour écrire un commentaire. C'est apprécié.

All departments must sell
CSR-Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 May 2018
Even if you are doing tech support you must meet sales metrics. Coachin consists of You suck. Suck less. Management never follows through with any coaching plans they put in place.
9 July 2018

We're sorry that you didn't have a positive experience and we take your comment seriously. The situation you describe does not reflect Nordia's culture. Skills development and professional growth are part of our values and we invest a lot of effort to ensure that our employees feel supported and can grow their career at Nordia. That said, we can always improve and we thank you for the feedback.

Good fit for the right kind of person
Outbound sales agent for Bell Canada (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 May 2018
You generally come in, log onto your computer, and start making calls. These are largely, in my experience, cold calls with varieing degrees of a 'lead,' such as ex costumers, and so on.

It takes the kind of person who enjoys sales to enjoy (and excel at) this job. If that's you, go for it! It wasn't for me.
9 July 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Customer service and sales can be challenging and are not for everyone. This being said, we work hard to provide our employees with with the best training and support possible so that they can develop their skills and be successful.

Was fun the first 3months
Teleconferencing Agent (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC2 May 2018
I have been working for nordia for almost 2 years now and all I can see is them trying to make sure you won't advence in the company.

Management is about as competent as a 5yo.
If you ask for days off you need to almost have a death in family for it to work and even then it's not even sure they will give it to you.
9 July 2018

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Nordia is not a positive one and we take your comments seriously. It is very surprising and disappointing for us, as development is at the core of our values. Customer service can be demanding, but we strive to provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment as well as development opportunities. We are continuously looking for avenues to improve the work experience of our staff and your feedback gives us the opportunity to do so.

FUN and Rewarding enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 April 2018
I loved working at nordia, amazing opportunity's for growth and always had something fun going on. Nordia was by far my favourite place to work the one little thing about nordia is sometimes it was hard to find floor support. But other then that, best place to work.
Pros
Amazing incentives
Cons
Messed up days off
30 April 2018

What a great review :) We are really pleased to read that you enjoyed your work experience at Nordia. Thank you for your comment about floor support, we take good note of it as it is crucial for us that our employees feel supported and encouraged. We wish you a great career!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordia. Our community is ready to answer.