Play YouTube video button
Nordia

Nordia Employee Reviews

Canada514 reviews
Productive if you want to be, fun place great games room with pool, air hockey, ping pong, large screen tv
Overall a good place to work. Salary is alright, but you can make good money on commission, if you put the work into it. Benefit packages are great for dental, vision, health. RRSP also available.
24 April 2020
Wow! Thank you so much for the great review of our company and amazing perks! It's really appreciated :) Keep up the good work! #NordiaFamily
Data Entry and Tracking for Post Office
The company hire fires. Meaning that you get 2 months of work Nordia fires you for not following their guidelines just before benefits. This makes for a very low standard as they do not value employees, and the company after training puts you on the phones with out proper training.
Pros
There was heated parking.
Cons
Short life span.
Aucun avis
Rien de plus , peu payé et ambiance froide, beaucoup de suivi et d’écoute. Pour une travail sur peu payé
Pros
Aucun
24 April 2020
Nous sommes désolés d'entendre cela. Chez Nordia, nous faisons tout notre possible pour offrir à nos employés un environnement de travail motivant. Nous vous souhaitons tout de même bonne chance pour la suite.
jai aime de partager mon experiene avec nordia
nordia cest une belle compagnie que tu beneficie de tout
24 April 2020
Merci pour votre beau commentaire! Merci d'avoir fait partie de la grande famille Nordia :)
Nice experience
it was a pleasure to work with Nordia, I had a great time, all the supervisors and trainers were very helpful and friendly. the work was a little bit stressful but too much the one cannot handle.
8 April 2020
Thank you for your review! We're happy that you had a great time working with us at Nordia :) We know that customer service can be challenging at times which is why we truly appreciate and thank you for your work. Best of luck for the future!
No support
Pay is not worth it. Only paid $11/hr for training then $13/hr once on the floor. I was only there for a couple months. Out of a training class of 11, only 3 made it to the floor (the rest quit). Training was rushed. Trainer took a lot of personal breaks while we read the material. Once on the floor, when asking support staff for assistance we were told to "read the process" instead of lending a helping hand. The support staff (team managers/leads) seemed annoyed when asking for help.
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
Pay, support staff, hours, training
27 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear about your experience. At Nordia, we pride ourselves on our competitive wages and benefits. We also do our best so employees feel like they're part of the #Nordiafamily. Please know that your feedback about the training and management teams is taken at heart. Best of luck.
Not good
If you want to watch the same 5 people be promoted laterally from department to department. If you want to be judged against your peers, and encouraged to do shady things to get ahead. If you enjoy labour laws being broken. If you want a mediocre pay that doesnt reflect the amount of work you do. If you like being told one thing then told the opposite in regards to policies. Then nordia is for you
27 March 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. The situation you describe is definitely not representative of our corporate culture. We're sorry you've had such a frustrating experience. We set a high standard for ourselves and your feedback can only help us get better. Regards, the Nordia team.
Employer Corruption and Bizarre Harassment Issues
The job is decent, and has good pay. The actual job is fun, the building is nice enough, and your coworkers are friendly Canadians.
But you are being paid to ignore open abuse.

Management, which is almost all female, is corrupt enough to be in trouble with the law. And that's a problem when multiple people have report abuse against women at this location, at least to me. In outbound, unless you are a workaholic with miles of tolerance generally the most offensive, ruthless and abusive people get praised while anybody who's not full of hate will be automatically moved away from everybody else and shamed for costing the boss her sales.

That might be because outbound is both competitive and talkative and therefor reflective of the establishment's overall inability to prevent violence and promote cooperation.

Management also will also withhold their responsibilities at critical moments while spinning stories to you to try to make sure you're homeless by the time you're fired for being honest about the environment. It's sad that they truly do not care about the welfare of their employees because we share a city with these people as well. This is the dream job of a repeated sexoffender... There have been jokes made on this topic for as long as office jobs have exist.
27 March 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to express yourself with us. Please know that we take any harassment issue very seriously and we will share your comment with the HR team. We want to remind you that Nordia's employees have several tools at their disposal if they experience a problematic situation. Good luck in the future.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nordia?
Don’t make any long term plans
Lots of promises, a little short on the follow through. Every week, team members were disappearing. No job stability. It appears like they are collecting funding for training people and then dump a large bunch of them. If you are into that, apply. If you are looking for stability, move on
27 March 2020
Thank you for expressing your opinion to us. At Nordia, we value our employees and want them to feel like we're all part of the #Nordiafamily. We're sorry you've felt this way as it's not what we're about. Best of luck in the future.
Norida
Good to work at good people fair wages relaxing I would work there again if i could and now I'm just typing to fill the space and i dont know what else to talk about
27 March 2020
Thank you for your great review and funny review! :) Thank you for being part of the #NordiaFamily!
na
I am being laid off due to Nordia pulling out of Orillia. The people I worked with are great. I met a lot of great people. I learned a lot while I was there.
27 March 2020
Thank you for your comment. We're really saddened about the decision to close Orillia, and we'll miss your amazing team a lot. We're happy to hear you have a great time with us and thank you for being a part of the Nordia family!
Upper management was terrible and the team leaders were deceitful
The pay for being a team leader was great. The benefits were also great. The work environment was toxic. There was a lot dishonesty and cutthroat tactics amongst the team leaders.
27 March 2020
We are disappointed and surprised to read your review, which does not portray the culture we embrace at Nordia. We invest a lot of energy in creating a positive, friendly and supportive work environment where our employees feel supported and appreciated. However, we do take note of your comment and we wish you good luck.
We can call this one, an ACTUAL career!!
A typical day at Nordia in retention, you're taking calls based on what clients need, otherwise these clients will cancel services. You would provide assistance based on what they're asking for. Your job each call is to find the perfect solution the customer accepts, apply it, leave notes on the account about what you did, ensure if the customer has any other inquiries or needs further assistance. I learned that as part of the retention team, my attitude can make an impact in reality. Generally a nice person, with a soft voice, I also learned being part of retention, you have accessibility to a lot of tools that do different things, you have a decent amount of control on what you can do for the customer. Granted you won't need to use some of these tools, or provide certain offers all the time.
Management was wonderful! My trainer and first supervisor were really great people, however the reason of quitting was the fact I was transferred to a supervisor I absolutely could not work with. She was rude, and didn't help me in the slightest. That being said, my performance dropped, and she wouldn't help me get better. I had a dentist appointment at one point which required me to miss 2 days, and I gave her the dentist note, called even each day to let them know I cannot come in, and she said "This is unacceptable and you can get terminated for this". Other than that, happen if I didn't get that specific supervisor, I'd definitely love to be at this department, at this place again! Culture wise, we seen a lot of culture here, and I support it personally. Glad to see they're accepting,
 - more...
27 March 2020
Wow, thank you so much for your amazing review! So glad to see that you've had such a great time while working for us at #NordiaMoncton! We're truly sorry about your experience with that one supervisor. At Nordia, we're like a family and we do our best so everyone feels like they're part of it. We wish you the best!
Great people to work with
the environment at my location was very competitive not only within our center but constantly being compared to other sites so sometimes it was stressful however the people that worked there were like a family so we looked after each other
27 March 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your experience working with the Nordia team. We understand that customer service can be demanding, but we make every effort to support our employees and create a positive and friendly atmosphere. Good luck in your next professional challenges.
La direcetion etait excellente, mais l 'environnement de travail n' etait pas sanitaire.
27 March 2020
Merci pour votre commentaire. Nous tenons également à vous rassurer que Nordia met en place toutes les mesures nécessaires pour s'assurer que ses employés travaillent dans l'environnement le plus sanitaire qui soit. Nous avons toutefois pris soin de transmettre votre commentaire à l'équipe responsable de l'entretien de nos établissements. Bonne chance pour la suite.
* Friday a best day to work with the team
* MCSA SQls erver Certification

* Very good Mangement

* Enjoyable Team BI with the diirector

* some stressful
27 March 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to leave us a comment on your experience in the #NordiaFamily. Best of luck in the future!
Management is the problem at Nordia
I quit Nordia after five years due to the management. There was a new supervisor in the technical department and I had had no real problems in the five years I was there and when he started, suddenly there was a problem. I severely resented it. He wrote me up for not ID a client properly, but I had to send them out a new Hub and they gave me their name, address, email address, telephone number and everything that was needed for doing and ID. I was furious. I told them if this ever happened again, I would quit. They did not remove it from my record. and then a few weeks later they did the same thing. I told them that I quit on the spot, as I said I would. They had introduced new policies and the management did not know how to at anyt time really manage employees. The so called managers are not trained and no experience in managing anyone. They get on the good side of their team leaders and then get a team leader job themselves. That is the extent of their people skills. It is a generally awful place to work and perhaps the worst I ever had in my fifty years of working. The management feel they are little gods and play with the employees emotions. They do not value people. In my five years as a technician there there must have bee 500 people quit in the department so we were always overworked and short staffed. I had been in management before this for many years and had been department head at large corporations. They skoffed at anyone they considered a threat to them. I was really quit pathetic.
27 March 2020
We're sorry to hear you've had an unpleasant experience while working at Nordia. Please know that respect towards others is a core value and no situation should make any employee feel disrespected. Thank you for your taking the time to share your experience with us and be assured that we take any feedback at heart and try to improve the way things are done.
Call Centre
Typical call centre environment and management. Answering incoming calls for customer service for Canada Post. Hours change as does the weekly schedule.
27 March 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We're devoted to making Nordia a place where it feels good to work at and we appreciate any feedback that allows us to make our work environment better place.
Fun workplace, great environment
I absolutely loved working at Nordia, and really wish that they would consider re hiring people that had left due to personal, medical, mental reasons.
27 March 2020
Thank you for your comment, we're happy to hear that you had a great time working at Nordia Waterloo. Since every situation is unique, we invite you to get in touch with our recruitment team if you have any questions or concerns about a hiring process. Best of luck!
it was excellent to work here with very much supportive team members and TL.
I loved to worked in such a friendly environment and with knowledgeable TL and supportive supervisors. colleagues and other senior employees are very helpful. one will never feel new to company. and training program really helps you to create great experience with Nordia.
Pros
learn many things and have a great working experience in customer service.
Cons
long hours, less salary.
27 March 2020
Wow! Thank you so much for your great comments, we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us! Best of luck #NordiaProud
Its ok
Highly stressful job next to near impossible targets and alot of favoritism , staff is great the communication with management is hit or miss either they like you or will try an help you
27 March 2020
Thanks for taking some time to share your feedback and concerns at Nordia Moncton. We understand that sometimes loyalty can be difficult, that is why we put a lot of effort into supporting our employees and offering them with a stimulating work environment, the best compensation in the industry and many opportunities for development and growth. Thank you for your continued effort.