Noralta Lodge Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 April 2018
Treated like a number with this company, they make you work for free with no over time and even if you don’t take breaks they still take hrs away. Your forced to do more then one job and place is very unsafe to work the short cuts that the staff have to take is going to end up killing someone. This company doesn’t not care. Use to be amazing but new management destroyed this place. Unfit this place should be shut down.
Probably one of the worst place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 April 2018
I didn't stay very long at Noralta because it was definitely one of the worst work experience of my life, no management at all you're just being a number and they don't have any consideration. Understaffed, work load in the kitchens is HUGE and keep on getting bigger most of the time so you end up doing UNPAID overtime pretty much every day and skipping your breaks. I WOULD NOT recommend this place, they treat people like dogs.
Pros
free food & accommodation
Cons
long hours, understaff, NO management, lack of consideration, people being exploited
my experience In Noralta
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2018
Noralta I was there for 3 months or more it was a good first experience in camp. I quit a job because I got offer in Atco for better position career.Is a good work place camp in Fort mcmurray.
poor managements
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2018
very poor management. they don't communicate with they're staff while on or off duties. they don't refund the travel expenses too everytime we took public transportations
good pay with long hours and too much workload sometimes
Precook/Breakfast Cook Fort McMurray (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 January 2018
Awesome Pay with free food, gym and accommodations. Since I was mostly doing breakfast work load was too much compared to other jobs in the kitchen. Some managers were good and some weren't very professional. The hardest part of the job was getting a good night sleep because breakfast was a grave yard shift.
Pros
free food, gym and accomadtiona
Cons
long hours, work load
Good Job
Temporary Seasonal Contract (Former Employee) –  Red Earth Creek, AB25 November 2017
Job was productive,, challenging and rewarding . If not lack of knowing how long the job was going to last I would have not accepted a job to be closer to home each night.

Worked independantly as the Chef Lodge manager. Was able to make decsions with support with our direct manager advising my team.
Pros
Saw benefits of providing good service to our guests
Cons
Unpredictable business peaks and valleys
a great workplace with free food and room to sleep for 20 days
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 November 2017
Doing lots of maintenance jobs inside and outside the lodges. Hardest part is when you alone respond to an on call job catering more than 3000 rooms. The best part is that everything is free.
front desk agent
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 November 2017
Answered phones on a daily basis, made reservations
the rotation of 20/10 was good
friendly staff
the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with then clients
Doesn’t care with the employees
Prep cook/GH (Former Employee) –  Borealis fort Mc10 November 2017
Most of the kitchen worker come early like an hour ahead and don’t have the time to take breaks cause you have to finish the duties assigned otherwise you will get behind.Bad thing is you work more hours and no break and it is unpaid.Give them for free.
Awesome fun and wanted to be at work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 September 2017
Meeting people from different walks of life daily added the extra zest to be at work and enjoy the job. there was always something fun within the teams . the most difficult part was the shift rotation of 20 days on and 10 days off. the worst was the Fire in fort Mac where I was evacuted 3 times as I was on rotation when this happened

Want to know more about Noralta Lodge?

Ask a question
It was a fun place to be
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 July 2017
If not for the lay offs, it was really not a bad place to work. What I enjoyed the most, was that on Saturdays, we could work from home and no need to be in the office.

My boss was great and was very sad to let see me go.
productive and great people
Front Desk/Housing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 May 2017
It was my first camp job , and every one was super friendly and helpful. its a great company to work for with a competitive wages and amazing benefits and they fly in and out
New challenge every day with around 85 people in my construction team
Director of construction (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 April 2017
The day start early in Fort Mac, tool meetings always at 7, safety discussion and work hazard is always part of that meeting, having big crews on site is always challenge for the construction superintendent and foreman, our positive culture on site make everyone life easy and fun to work and increase productivity, the hardest part of the job is to keep everyone safe specially on their 3rd week of their shift ( 21 days shift ) , people start to feel the pressure and the long hours ( 12 hours daily ) , the most enjoyable part of the job is when you accomplish the tasks on time and budget with no accident and problem, also sitting in the dining area at night celebrating these achivement with my team, its my job as management and their right as hard workers to be appreciated.
Pros
free full accomodation ( camp, meals and transportation )
Cons
working long hours, outside with cold weather
Noralta Is a Nightmare to work at
Maintenaince worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2017
This company is scabby. They treat employees poorly. A lot of dishonesty and manipulation. I would never work there again. Also they rip you off my making you work 10 hrs a day 20 shifts in a row for straight time, no overtime. I thought this was illegal.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Tricks with pay.
good place
Sandwich Maker (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 December 2016
not enough hours not enough pay was a great company in the beginning but now I don't quite think they care about theyre employees.
Questionable Management Ethical Practices
Head office (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 December 2016
Turned for the worst. Doing what it takes to survive even if it meant pushing ethical barriers. False sense of security type of environment. For a company that claims to be "committed to its team members", it goes in one ear and out the other. HR has no power there. If you're looking for "just a job", this would be the place. However, if you're looking to grow and be validated as a true team member, I would keep searching.
Cons
Clock watchers, job security, benefits, ethical practices
Great team weak management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 November 2016
Very great team environment. Management lacks critical skills and has become very insensitive and unhelpful. Due to the lower oil costs they feel any practice can be justified.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Management. Remote location
overall good place just far from home
driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 September 2016
i like working here there is good food and accommodations are good and its a challenging and rewarding job. people are nice
The Job for most of the time I worked there was good, but now has taken a turn for the worse.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 September 2016
Over the 6 years I have worked with Noralta I have learned many new techniques. The work was very challenging but not always rewarding. As of late the company has mostly new management and a completely new company culture . I do not think it was for the better at all.
Pros
the wages where good
Cons
everything has taken a turn for the worse
A nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 September 2016
clean rooms, make beds high and low dusting vacuuming
clean bathrooms toilets and showers dusting hallways vacuum
folding sheets and towels and clean landry
Pros
great ppl to work with