NOIC Academy
View all NOIC Academy reviews

NOIC Academy

NOIC Academy Employee Review

Great place to work! Fair and direct!

I have worked as a teacher for NOIC for over a year so far. It is very simple to be successful.I have taught a multitude of courses, different subjects. The administration are knowlegable and fair.If you are not doing your job, that is the reason for issues. The pay is fair, outlined clearly and there is room to grow and develop larger responsibilities.I know teachers at NOIC that have turned down contracts with public boards, the offerings of NOIC are convenient and steady.I have full time employment with major school board and still do atleast 6 courses a year with NOIC.I recommend NOIC to teaching professionals who do their jobs, and do it well.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Friendly working environment, great work experience

I have been working at NOIC for more than half a year, and I would like to say NOIC is a good place to work. Low work pressure, No overtime, and Salary equal to the market average. It is a very good place to start.

Good for starting but no future

The job enviroment and teachers are amazing. The students are very respectful and great at listening and the location of the school is definitely a plus. However, The school does not value job security and also they're very much going to find a way to not give you a salary raise so you're basically making minimum wage. They will also promise bonuses which they'll find a way to avoid.

Pros

Great teachers, great students

Cons

Long hours, Minimal pay, no job security and no raise.

Not the greatest experience - Bad fit -Long hours-Not Rewarding-Not for me.

NOIC Toronto is driven by demands from its Chinese owner and very involved and opinionated affluent Chinese parents based in China who do not hesitate to report any type of displeasure - valid or not. They are paying the big $ and want to get every penny's worth. *Expectations high *No room for error/learning the ropes. *N0 paid/unpaid training/PD *Jump in and sink or swim.There is "support", but don't ask for it - it will be viewed as weakness and incompetence. Courses often assigned last minute with no time to properly prepare.Credit courses: extremely demanding/little flexibility/A LOT of unpaid prep/marking/navigating multiple platforms and assumptions you understand the "system" - technical and teaching *Pretty sure people watching/monitoring online classes.A previous review commented that you will be $ penalized and reprimanded for even a minute of dismissing students early,(true) but not rewarded for extra effort spent with students on your own time,or during the unpaid mandated 20m break for students. You will receive "rude" texts reminding you that "your lesson starts soon .. be prepared'!" or "you need to start your lesson now!" - unavoidable/unexpected technical problems? - no sympathy.Tutoring/non-credit courses may be less stressful, and word has it, much easier to teach with little prep and no marking. Private schools are driven by $. If you are prepared to commit to structure/told what to do when/how and now and no other job to go to, this is for you. Life balance and making $- probably not.

Pros

Most staff are nice in the Toronto office in Canada, but very serious

Cons

$ driven, stressful pressure to perform, Canadian curriculum with Chinese stiffness and structure, poor $ for the amount of work expected outside of paid teaching hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOIC Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NOIC Academy with

NOIC Academy reviews by location

Learn about NOIC Academy in popular locations

• NOIC Academy
  • Great place to work! Fair and direct!