NOIC Academy

NOIC Academy Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Decent. Lots of work but great staff. The school is one of the greatest I have ever worked at. Unbelievable amount of support and the students are well behaved and
As a retired classroom teacher, I was looking for some supplemental income doing what I enjoyed and was good at. NOIC, with its online courses, offered me a great opportunity to do just that. They have provided competent course material, offered excellent training and continued support, and have approached me with a positive attitude. When I did not do something that I was supposed to do, an administrator admonished me and made sure that I got back on track (consistent student feedback is a particular weakness of mine).

As well, they have trusted me with different course offerings.

I would say that teaching online courses for NOIC is an excellent opportunity, especially if you are not depending on it for your main income. Lastly, the software used - Classin - is definitely a cut above many of the LMS out there and far above the schools which use Zoom.
Pros
Opportunities, Quality software, Great training, Supportive Administrators, Positive Attitudes
Cons
I don't have any. Once you understand what you are undertaking, you should be entirely satisfied.
NOIC pays by the minute. That means if the class is 1 hour and 50 minutes, you get paid for that exact time, not for 2 hours. This, despite the fact that there is always pre-class preparation to do, and you must be in the classroom 15 minutes prior to class start time. Also, post-class feedback is mandatory. So essentially, NOIC is NOT paying you for at least 20 - 25 minutes of work. In fact, rather than the 1 hour and 50 minutes that you ARE paid, they SHOULD be paying you for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Job is stable if you does your work well but benefits is not nearly as good. However, if you are looking to expend your skills and knowledge in Education it is not a bad place to start.
Nice simple job where you tutor high school students. On the plus side, it is rather fun. On the negative side, they have way too many tutors, rather than giving each tutor many hours.