Noble House Home Furnishings Employee Reviews

Its fun when you work together
Assembler/Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA8 May 2019
For me work is important it is very important for me being on time and not being late. If I am late I will not get to start the shift with the rest of my coworkers
Pros
Save money
Cons
You dont eat to much
It's a cute family business that was a great experience for me
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Woods Cross, UT13 April 2019
I loved being there, but I was an intern, so I didn't get to work that much. It was mostly watching and organizing their client data and their store. There wasn't always a whole lot going on though, so I'd go home early a lot. But they're all great people and it was a wonderful opportunity to intern with them.
productive
Labeling (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA2 April 2019
They do not pressure you in the work you do
They have tolerance if you can not show up to work one day.
To be able to learn new skills.
They work as a team.
Pros
free lunches, longest breaks
Cons
Work from Sundays to Thursdays.
Not a great place to work if you don’t like being acknowledged
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA28 March 2019
This place turned into a waste once new customer service management arrived in 2018. There is a huge amount of favoritism in that room, with lack of communication and transparency. If you’re not favored, you’ll get treated differently. If you’re favored, you’re able to sit at your desk and do nothing and get away with it. If you’re favored or friends with management, you somehow get a promotion to be a lead even if you lack the skills. There is also a lot of gossip that goes through out the room, and the manager takes a part in it as well. Overall, it’s not a good environment. They also removed monthly incentives and thought that a $1 raise would suffice, even for employees who have been there for years and work extremely hard. This company doesn’t know how to treat their employees well, unless you’re family to the CEO or someone important. I would definitely not recommend this place. In 1-2 months, this place has lost 5 employees.
Savannah Warehouse
Shipping Admin (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA12 March 2019
Management will lie about why they fire their employees. Just because you not Hispanic. Even though we open and close for them. They are unorganized. They need the California team to come help. The California team and management in Savannah, GA do not care about their employees.
Ex-Employee Review
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA7 March 2019
I worked for Noble House Furnishing for 5 months. When I first started working there I was very excited because during my interview i was promise many things. My roll as a Production lead entile many responsibilities but I was excited because I was promise compensation. With time I realize that management don’t complete any of the promises but yet expect you to over work yourself as an employee. Management expecting ridiculous Expectations for little pay. Everyday I was yelled at and blamed for management mistakes. I tried talking things out with management but things only got worse. I decided to end my time with Noble House Management. To add, the proper training isn’t provided.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
No paid vacation
Work intensive
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CA10 February 2019
Everyday was cleaning. Nothing much to it. I learned a little about the company and what they were about. The manager is nice enough to provide employees with all the safety equipment. The hardest part of the job is the labor.
Cons
labor intensive
High energy & dynamic - room to grow here
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA17 January 2019
NH is a fast growing company. Being a part of a company that is growing constantly is fun and exciting but can also be challenging. It's an all hands on deck vibe - collaborative and management really responds to employees who want to be involved and learn (even though understanding the company can take some time). Because the company and work roles can be fluid you get an opportunity to be creative if you want, or to work in sales, or another department. Management can be intimidating but if you talk to them and show that you are serious people will notice you and advocate for you. There are monthly lunches, ping pong tournaments, Halloween costume contests, and big company parties. This place is for hard working individuals, for sure. You have to show up and show that you care about your job to grow here.
Pros
lunches, ping pong, employee discount
Cons
office location
Great Place to Learn, Not a Place to Retire With
Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA7 October 2018
Noble House is a great place to learn new skills and there is a possibility for advancement, but only if you are willing to sacrifice your personal time. The job you are hired for is not necessarily the job you will be doing all the time. The company prefers to double up jobs rather than hire more people, choosing to run a lean office where the possibility of being overworked is high and the probability of getting help or more people on your team is low and very hard to push through. The company prefers to hire temps for intro position jobs on a semi-permanent basis rather than invest in finding the right person for the right job. The overall atmosphere at the company is that all employees below C-level (or who are not part of the CEO's personal family) are overworked and underpaid, despite the "fun activities" the company provides, in addition to benefits. There are no paid vacations if you are not on salary, and attendance is a huge factor for raises and promotion (even if the time you take off is approved). The company looks favorably on those who come to work sick and never take any vacations.
Pros
Free Monthly Lunches, Good People, Ping-Pong Table, Free Coffee
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, Hard to Advance, Time Off is Frowned Upon
Poor Management, No Structure
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA12 September 2018
Management picks favorites, stopped monthly work lunches, pay is not worth what agents have to deal with, policies are not followed making it hard to work with customers, no apparent structure on work flow, little communication from management,
19 September 2018

While we recognize that structure is needed and desired, it can be an ongoing challenge for a company growing 50% plus year over year, to maintain a consistent process or work flow. We maintain a certain level of agility in order to continuously improve and keep up with the developing demands of the company. That being said, suggestions from the team are always welcome.

Customer Service is no easy role as are many of our positions, which is why one of the many ways we show our gratitude is through our monthly lunch program. So not to worry, they haven't gone anywhere.

buena calidad de trabajo
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  California1 September 2018
buen ambiente de trabajo solo que exigen cosas en tiempos que no son posibles de realizar, como el empaque y embalaje de ciertos articulos.
19 September 2018

Le sugerimos que hable con su gerente para que se entienda bien su comentario y le podamos ayudar a resolver la situación.

Company growing faster than infrastructure can keep up
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA15 August 2018
Minimal processes and procedures, nothing formal

In house warehouse system that is limited

Focus on customer service is key

Interacting with other associates is the most enjoyable part of the job
19 September 2018

We want to thank you for your comment and appreciate your feedback. Our Savannah facility is relatively new, but with the help of our team we are working towards developing those formal processes and procedures that will make this place run seamlessly.

Management needs to change
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  California7 June 2018
I was a lead here for 9 months in warehouse and they over work their employees with unrealistic expectations. They have a program for special people who are mentally ill and management expects a lot from them; too much. Job security is low as they are very quick to let you go. I have witnessed this first hand. One supervisor there in particular is very obsessive and micro-manages you. You will not enjoy working with this individual. This company claims that in order to get a raise and get paid more you need to do more rather than being there longer or having more seniority. Well my title was promoted to a lead and i did not get paid as much as a warehouse lead should but yet i took in a whole lot of new responsibilites and was one of their best. This place is very unproffessional and gossip seems to be promoted. Overall i would not recommend this place to a loved one or a close friend.
Pros
Free monthly lunches. 4 Bonus checks every year based on companys profit sharing.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, low pay, unproffesional management.
Stay Away From The Customer Service Department
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA16 February 2018
Noble House is ok if you can work in any department other than customer service. As long as M.L. has anything to do with it that department will remain one of the most toxic environments I have every come across in all my professional years.

The reps are not paid enough and the workload is ridiculous. They don't get holiday pay even for Christmas and Thanksgiving!

They can't keep a manager because of M.L. They are on their 5th manager in 2 years. Reps quit after a few weeks so they can never keep enough employees. The customer service department is just a mess - horrible - nightmareish.
Pros
Group Lunch
Cons
Anything to do with customer servce department
Productive and fast pace environment and ping pong table
Quality Control Inspector Lead (Current Employee) –  Compton, CA18 January 2018
Great place to work for. company is growing and i would recommend people to work for this company. good locations right off of the 01 freeway. Great place to work.
Pros
steady schedual
Cons
Customer Service is very poorly ran by it's manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA16 January 2018
Overall Noble House is a pretty good company. unfortunately, it's customer service manager M is one of the WORST managers I've ever come across. If, you can get a position within the company away from this person you may be ok!
Good Company to Learn and Advance with
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA17 November 2017
If you are looking to grow your career and advance professionally this is a great company. They expect a lot from employees, but you are well compensated for your hard work. Management leads by example and are the first in the door and last to leave.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
lot of work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA14 October 2017
No accountability for their faults, disorganized and domineering. Unrealistic goal setting. Not open to change. Required to work on holidays with no premium pay. Hours worked on holidays is pre-determined, you're forced to come in but are usually not allowed to work the full 8 hours.
Pros
Group lunch, flexible hours
Cons
work environment, benefits, low pay, non-existent personal time/PTO
Would have stayed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA20 August 2017
Depending on the job, it is quite easy if you know how to use the computer. Fast pace can move up in the team as well as the company. Hardest part of the job was location. Would have stayed if the company branched out their customer service office.
Pros
free lunch groups with management, some holiday pay, friendly place to work
Cons
better communication from management on requirements of job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA25 July 2017
A good company. Lots of benefits: medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, monthly bonuses, year end bonuses, profit sharing.

Employees are pretty laid back. Casual dress code. Very diverse group. Fun place to work, but they work hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noble House Home Furnishings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8