Noble Corporation
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Noble Corporation Management reviews

Canada40 reviews

Clear

Very productive and hectic but fun place to work...

An excellent place to work if you are in the business of plumbing/heating/industrial wholesale. I didn't start seeing a paycheck until I started here compared to my former place of work and their competitor. The downside....extreme nepotism rules management here. Don't expect advancement / promotion as it will not even be posted (against the law) and will automatically be given to a managers friend/family member etc. Huge turnover in sales and management because of this tactic. Profit sharing is a joke. Payouts should be bare min 10K ea for sales as they are the ones hustling getting orders to keep the machine going. Company makes 400-600 mil per year. No excuse there. Don't take employees for granted. The grass is always greener on the other side when money talks. Is it worth losing quality staff only to replace 1 person with 3 underqualified people?

Pros

easy working atmosphere, casual dress code, lots of good people

Cons

extreme nepotism, too many managers/supervisors, profit sharing is too low versus what it should really be

Low paying

Low wages & a corporate entity that does not care about you they care what you can do for them. I had to leave noble due to the fact I literally could not afford to work there anymore because the wage was so low & the hours were almost non existent. I worked there for 3 yrs my advice is find employment elsewhere

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No hours low wage

Insights into Noble Corporation

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Discard employees during pandemic crisis

No support from management they are not trustworthy and withhold raises and bonus earnings as a way of cost savings the work environment is the worst I've been exposed to in over 6 years as a driver

Pros

No week end work

Cons

Demand to stay late long hours early start

Toxic Work Environment

The workplace thrives on hiring incompetent workers. Racism and bullying is rampant with no end in sight. Nepotism prevails. The front office staff are a mix of professional and unprofessional workers.

Pros

No micromanagers

Cons

Unfair hiring practices

Snitch culture encourages lying.

Noble doesnt do pay increases unless your promoted.You are also always under a watchful eye. Two or three mistakes is all it takes to get fired from the company. The teamleads are a team of snitches, be advised. They will lie to managers about you if they dislike you. Noble pay is consistent. Keep work life and personal separate. Ive had teamleads look me up on Facebook. Its a very strict company. Although if you can keep to yourself, its a good job with consistent pay.

Very Productivity work and good positive environment

Wonderful work environment Always willing to learn new things and all staff very supporting Management is very helpful and supporting All the staff is very familiar

Pros

paid lunch

Cons

contract job

Stay away

I worked in the Barrie yard. Never have I seen a more clueless and ignorant staff. The pay is not good. You get in to trouble if u talk about the wage. Shippers are lazy won’t wrap skids or load trucks. If u ask for help u will get talked at. This job would be better for a new driver. As they don’t pay well. 18 an hour.

Pros

Free food / pop

Cons

Management, werehouse staff, customers.

great company

8 hour work day. management is great. work environment is also very welcoming. hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting and most enjoyable is break time.

Fast Moving, culture oriented

Noble is one of the best places to work in the plumbing/hvac industry. There is a lot of opportunity for growth for those who seek it. Management recognizes effort and hard work. would recommend this company for anyone who wants to grow into a role.

A job, not a career

8-4 Job. Very old fashioned business with a don't fix whats not broken attitude. Upper level of management sill holds a lot of nepotism and needs a lot of change. A lot of under educated people with too much power in decision making. Doesn't really invest in developing its employees or provide advancement opportunities. The associates in the warehouse are generally nice, but overall lacks ownership and understandably so. Their business analyst and operations team does have some on going projects that can be educational. A good place to develop skills and learn a business for a short term, but not a place for a career.

its a Productive and friendly work place to work.

Noble company Is a Great work for living, very Friendly and productive environment to work with. the people and the management are willing to train and assist people.

A fast-paced environment

A typical day at work would be using the Combi-Lift forklift to unload a minimum of 2 full 53' long trailers of 10, 12 and 21 feet long pipe. Completely everything required from checking the load to emailing the vendor that we have received your shipment. I learned a lot about different forklift use there. The Combi-Lift was a great experience to learn and drive as it is not as common as regular forklifts in a warehouse. Management could have been more product and employee focused. Examples would be: products left outside that are weather sensitive. Actually having the weekly or even monthly one on one reviews with employees that was told was supposed to happen. The workplace itself on a good day where thing flow is great. The hardest part would be when product comes early, late or unscheduled but driving the Combi-Lift to take care of balanced it out since gets the job done. It really is the most enjoyable part of the day, using the Combi.

Pros

Weekly BBQ during the summer

Cons

Unscheduled product coming in.

Poor management

Upper management leads by using fear as a motivations. No one to cover the phones ever so you have to run to even use the washroom. No opportunities to move up unless you go into the warehouse.

Amazing workplace

I had an amazing time working here, The management and employees are all great people with a very open and friendly attitude, always willing to teach and gives the resources to grow as a employee .

Bad management

Over worked with no help Learned more about wndows appellation Management sees and hears only what they want Great and helpful coworkers The hardest part of my job was dealing with management/supervisor The most enjoyable part was doing my job to the best of my ability

Great company while still under RONA....

I was with Noble before they were tragically sold after the departure of Nobles Founder. I witnessed first hand the slashing of jobs off our 401 Fleet at a direct cost of customer service. Orders wrong all the time. Faulty equipment. Very frugal on safety equipment.( straps, proper transportation vessels for Dangerous goods, SNOW TIRES) Only when an accident happened was anything ever done. I've even seen employees told to backdate paperwork that was needed all of a sudden cause an auditor was en route. Some employees could do no wrong, others couldn't sneeze without reprimand. Not my circus anymore though. Of course i hesitate to paint all Noble as bad, but there has been a big change from what it was. That being said, don't take my word for it. Nothing like first hand experience.

Pros

My team was amazing. great customers. free coffee.loved my job.

Cons

"management", empty promises

worst company I have ever work with. I want to rate this company with no star if i have a choice.

-warehouse is very dirty and dusty, products and shipments are everywhere -lack of warehouse supplies all the time, this week out of boxes, next week we are out of packing bags, then next month out of pallets. This kind of warehouse operation behaviour at some company your get fired long time ago, but all three shifts distribution managers are still working there nice and sound. -lack of warehouse equipments, forklifts and RF scanners are always short, funny thing is they keep hiring workers during the summer. -they don't really care how you pick your orders, all they care is orders are being picked and ready to go -every summer, noble hires whole bunch of students to help out in the warehouse, most of them have friend and family working at noble. They just fool around in the warehouse to get pay, nobody cares if they do the picking right or not because they go back to school on September anyway, can't really fire them because they have family members working at noble (protected) -unfair pay scale: student pickers get one pay rate, regular pickers get one pay rate and temporary workers from employment agencies get different pay -not salary increase for the last two years, never pay me sick days and vacation pay. -workers had accidents every year, dangerous warehouse to work at -some people get promoted very quick (like 4 months) and some people will never get promoted (like over 5 years) -some smartas* developed an order picking method called "zone pick" instead of 1 or 2 pickers to pick 1 order, now we have 4 to 6 pickers picking the same order, more -

Pros

very good playground for students (or anyone) to f*ck around with pay

Cons

way too many, can not list them all.

good work environment

delivery and pick up new challenges to find new construction sites helpful management

Productive & fun work place

The HVAC products manufactured by Noble Corp. are numerous. They give good training that enable workers to learn to operate machines/equipment safely. Worker's safety is given a high priority. Besides training on safety awareness; hand gloves, sleeves,aprons, safety shoes & eye glasses are provided free by the company. We produce high quality products through good management/supervisors & team effort of skilled workers and quality personnel.The hardest part of the job happens when a bad material unintentionally mixed up on the line. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we exceed our production goal every single day.

Pros

Company Family Fun days & great holiday give aways/stuffs

Cons

Reduced business activity is seasonal that leads to possible lay offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noble Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement