Noble Corporation

Noble Corporation Job security & advancement reviews

Canada40 reviews

Clear
2.8Job security & advancement

Great coworkers, but no raises

A great company to work for, the people are amazing. However no raises in over 5 years :( not a lot of room to grow but you can move departments/switch up your role

Very productive and hectic but fun place to work...

An excellent place to work if you are in the business of plumbing/heating/industrial wholesale. I didn't start seeing a paycheck until I started here compared to my former place of work and their competitor. The downside....extreme nepotism rules management here. Don't expect advancement / promotion as it will not even be posted (against the law) and will automatically be given to a managers friend/family member etc. Huge turnover in sales and management because of this tactic. Profit sharing is a joke. Payouts should be bare min 10K ea for sales as they are the ones hustling getting orders to keep the machine going. Company makes 400-600 mil per year. No excuse there. Don't take employees for granted. The grass is always greener on the other side when money talks. Is it worth losing quality staff only to replace 1 person with 3 underqualified people?

Pros

easy working atmosphere, casual dress code, lots of good people

Cons

extreme nepotism, too many managers/supervisors, profit sharing is too low versus what it should really be

Insights into Noble Corporation

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Discard employees during pandemic crisis

No support from management they are not trustworthy and withhold raises and bonus earnings as a way of cost savings the work environment is the worst I've been exposed to in over 6 years as a driver

Pros

No week end work

Cons

Demand to stay late long hours early start

Snitch culture encourages lying.

Noble doesnt do pay increases unless your promoted.You are also always under a watchful eye. Two or three mistakes is all it takes to get fired from the company. The teamleads are a team of snitches, be advised. They will lie to managers about you if they dislike you. Noble pay is consistent. Keep work life and personal separate. Ive had teamleads look me up on Facebook. Its a very strict company. Although if you can keep to yourself, its a good job with consistent pay.

Very busy

- near the end the company experienced a lot of change which affected the culture of the organization - I learned much about the industry and business techniques

The People are Great

Working at Noble is one of a kind - many integrated teams who truly support each other along the way. Those looking to grow their careers can expect a business casual environment where they can receive a rewarding experience for their efforts.

Fast Moving, culture oriented

Noble is one of the best places to work in the plumbing/hvac industry. There is a lot of opportunity for growth for those who seek it. Management recognizes effort and hard work. would recommend this company for anyone who wants to grow into a role.

A job, not a career

8-4 Job. Very old fashioned business with a don't fix whats not broken attitude. Upper level of management sill holds a lot of nepotism and needs a lot of change. A lot of under educated people with too much power in decision making. Doesn't really invest in developing its employees or provide advancement opportunities. The associates in the warehouse are generally nice, but overall lacks ownership and understandably so. Their business analyst and operations team does have some on going projects that can be educational. A good place to develop skills and learn a business for a short term, but not a place for a career.

Fast paced warehouse work

Lots of opportunity for growth. Fast paced environment with lots of MHE machinery flying around. You need to be aware of your surroundings while moving quickly to complete tasks.

Enjoyable workplace and enjoyable colleagues

Unique challenges and opportunities everyday. Company has undergone a number of changes over the years, both positive and negative. Have learned a lot and enjoyed the experience and friendships that company has offered me.

Pros

colleagues, technology, experience

Cons

politics

Good co-workers

Starting at Don Park LP, and moving into Noble during a fairly smooth transition allowed me to learn firsthand what it means to be a good HVAC distributor. I work with many employees who have knowledge and integrity in the way they do their job. Easily said, the best part of Noble are the people who make it what it is.

worst company I have ever work with. I want to rate this company with no star if i have a choice.

-warehouse is very dirty and dusty, products and shipments are everywhere -lack of warehouse supplies all the time, this week out of boxes, next week we are out of packing bags, then next month out of pallets. This kind of warehouse operation behaviour at some company your get fired long time ago, but all three shifts distribution managers are still working there nice and sound. -lack of warehouse equipments, forklifts and RF scanners are always short, funny thing is they keep hiring workers during the summer. -they don't really care how you pick your orders, all they care is orders are being picked and ready to go -every summer, noble hires whole bunch of students to help out in the warehouse, most of them have friend and family working at noble. They just fool around in the warehouse to get pay, nobody cares if they do the picking right or not because they go back to school on September anyway, can't really fire them because they have family members working at noble (protected) -unfair pay scale: student pickers get one pay rate, regular pickers get one pay rate and temporary workers from employment agencies get different pay -not salary increase for the last two years, never pay me sick days and vacation pay. -workers had accidents every year, dangerous warehouse to work at -some people get promoted very quick (like 4 months) and some people will never get promoted (like over 5 years) -some smartas* developed an order picking method called "zone pick" instead of 1 or 2 pickers to pick 1 order, now we have 4 to 6 pickers picking the same order, more -

Pros

very good playground for students (or anyone) to f*ck around with pay

Cons

way too many, can not list them all.

Good place to start your career

Noble is my first place of accounting work in Canada. I liked the work place culture and people here. The co-workers are very helpful and the manager is a good mentor who leads from the front

Pros

Flexible Hours, Consideration for Personal Needs

Cons

No Scope for Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noble Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement