Noble Construction

Noble Construction Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews

Very good pay, great company, but depends on the project.

Great pay, had 12 jour shifts and overtime after the first 8 hours in a day. Really appreciate that they did not try to scam their workers, (compared to some companies that start you middle of the week and don't pay overtime till after 70-80 hours of back-to-back work days). Not only were they fair with the overtime, but they also paid us double time after 50 hours in the work week.It was such a treat to work for a company that actually values their workers. I felt the office management wasn't the most organized at times -we got conflicting directions when we started our job. However, this wasn't really a problem because once they put us with a crew, most of the management (payroll, organizing ect) was handled by the foremen/ superintendant (onsite), and they were well-organized so we had no problems. The morale was very good at the sites that I worked at. Everyone wanted to be there and work hard. Not because of pressure from foremen, but because they felt actually valued as workers and so they wanted to work. It also helped that most people were local so almost everyone knew everybody.Every site seems to have a different culture, I can't speak for all of them, but I really enjoyed my job where I worked.The only downside I experienced was that one of the underground mine jobs day shift started at 4am (cage time) so had to be there ~3:30-3:45am. Very early start unless you're a morning person. But that was outside of Noble's control as the mine company spread out the start times cause they didn't want 30 workers riding the cage at once durring covid. So maybe -

Pros

-Very Good pay, -good formen that were helpful as they knew their trade well. -Also, if you were a newer employee with less experience, they also gave lots of opportunities to learn.

Cons

Very early start, sometimes no days off durring shutdown season. (Don't get married to your job!)

Moral was always low. Bad pay.

Guys were never getting paid enough for the stress that the body takes underground. Poor management. No living allowance or a fuel subsidy for guys driving an hour or more.

Insights into Noble Construction

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Poor management

If you’re working at K3 the 7/7 shift does not include any overtime until after 80 hours. The management on surface is terrible. The guys underground only do what the can. The turnover rate is ridiculous depending what crew you’re placed on there is a good chance you’ll hate this job. That being said the turnover rate doesn’t just include workers, supervisors, safety, and gf’s are all quitting to leave for more money, better opportunities noble is slowly falling to the way side. Mosaic is definitely starting to see the holes in nobles competency and becoming unhappy. I would y be surprised to see this company fold the n the next year or so.

Pros

Cons

Management, morale, wages

Productive, fun place to work . Good crew

Good company to work for. They care about there employees. The salary and benefits are fair. The supervisors and management are easy to talk to and will answer any questions you have or help you out the best they can.

Waste of time and money

Got called up and offered a job. Did the 14 hour training/test, took time off to do orientation and drug test, bought the metguard work boots because my other new pair didn't fit the bill. Less then a week before the job starts get called saying its cancelled. Thanks for the opportunity but im out 300$ of grocery and beer money.

Good job but repetitive

Good wage And location but repetitive work, work is mostly underground and at the mines in esterhazy sk, and sometimes jobs arent bid for overtime

Poor management

There is zero leadership in this company, right from the top on down to supervisors. Training department is a joke as well as the safety department. More interested in screwing over employees than helping them.

Worst company ever.

Incompetent management Nobody knows what they are supposed to be doing You will do more than what your trained for Electrician will paint, plumber will sweep, iron worker will tie electrical panels in Most goofy set up I’ve ever seen

positive

positive and encouraging management team and employees. there is trust amongst the employees and no concerns or issues of discrimination. The owner cares about his employees!

Great place to work!

I enjoy coming to work and being with my co-workers. Easy to grow within company if your are a hard worker. Positive environment, and they hold safety at a high standard!

Waste of time

It was a waste of time to work there. They make promises during the interview but dont come through. The management asks to much for to little for little or no reward. If you do not show complete obedience to management they will just have you fired for any reason they can think of.

keep searching

My work career with noble construction was short and sweet. I got paid well to work with them on a few projects, however I didn't care much for the work atmosphere. Safety should always be a primary concern but it seemed easy for noble management to turn cheek when it was convenient.

It was ok

The company policies were incredibly strict and the management did not like it when suggested they could do something better, to improve the lives of the workers.

Noble is a good company to work for.

Work for noble construction is unstable. They hired me for minimum 2 months work after 1 month they lost work at another mine so they shifted their long term workers & laid new workers off. They are a pretty decent company to work for. If you are there long enough you get benefits While I wasn't there long enough to attend a social event. they have a social club & sets up events to attend for employees. Before working for Noble I have never been in an underground mine. Work underground is significantly different than above ground.

Pros

good pay, friendly co workers

Cons

Great place to start working

Noble Construction gave me great working experience and was a great way to start getting work experience. Able to utilize interpersonal skills as well as organizational skills.

Pros

excellent work experience

Cons

didn't offer career growth

great place to work if they could keep you working.

slows down after Christmas, leading to layoffs over Christmas break extending into early spring. otherwise great to work for.

Pros

great to work for

Cons

no security, slow advancement

not bad

physically demanding job. no job security . Good team , forty minute drive to and from site, great supervisor. outside work , different trade experience

Very family orientated, Fantastic work enviroment

This company from the very top and all the way to the apprentices genuinely care about every employee. This is a fantastic company to work for.

No management support.

lack of direction & support from upper management. The work day varied, no such thing as being 9 to 5. Most difficult part of job was when on holidays or day off, no such thing, phone calls continuous no support to cover for while on holidays.

Pros

company vehicle

Cons

poor leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noble Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement