No Frills Employee Reviews

Okay
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC12 January 2018
The job was okay all i did really was fifo and wrap up meats in the freezer tho people were lazy and our pallets were all over the place met a few nice workmates aswell
Cons
Micro managing
nice for experience
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB11 January 2018
its an okay job if you want the experience and you can learn alot there. managers were okay and it gets busy so you get kept on your toes. lunch breaks were not bad.
good work environment
Stocking Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2018
it was a very good job just didn't not get enough hours they were not the best at planning shifts and would cut hours alot and it took almost a year for them to get me a uniform
Pros
easy work
Cons
short shifts
no frills
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
its always busy so you'll never be bored, i do the basic of handling customers and keeping front end tidy, along with other stuff cash manager duties.
Productive Workplace, accommodating to students
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON5 January 2018
A typical day at work was extremely busy, I was constantly running around. The fast paced retail environment taught me the importance of time management and customer service. The management took their position seriously and acted more like a mentor than a boss. the workplace culture was very friendly, we were like a big family at the store. The hardest part of the job is keeping yourself from getting overwhelmed on a busy day and making sure all necessary tasks still get done. The most enjoyable part of the job is the things I learned, I feel I learned skills at No Frills that I will use forever and I love to learn.
Pros
Time off requests almost always granted, very accommodating to students
Cons
Schedules were released on Fridays, giving only two days notice for the next week
I was there too long. With no room for advancement or change in wages in years
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2018
I met a lot of wonderful people . But, like anywhere the politics got the in the way. I think it's a good stepping stone for students, not for everyone.
Pros
It was a learning experience
Cons
Heavy lifting - constant repetition
Management was poor
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Management not friendly at all, would withhold money from some employees, forced us to work when we call in sick although we are not supposed to work around food when sick, did not give us the required minimum amount of breaks for hours worked, yelled at and berated employees in front of customers, swears at employees, "punishes" employees by putting employees on the lane right in front of the door during negative degree winter weather and does not allow us to wear jackets or sweaters and the list continues. Just the worst management ever on this earth.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ponoka, AB2 January 2018
Helping customers is a typical day. When it is not busy we clean. The management is very nice. All the staff is also nice and welcoming. Part time workers only get shifts less than 5 hours.
Pros
Good work/family life.
Cons
short shifts.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 January 2018
It is a nice place to work. Nice staff. Polite owner. Comfortable job. Not very demanding. Properly scheduled breaks. The store was located in a nice surroundings so the customers were also very respectful of the employees.
Pros
Helping staff
Cons
Far from my place
There was constant change. Plenty of opportunity to learn.
Front-end/ Cash Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB31 December 2017
I greatly enjoyed being a part of the, Terashita's No Frills, management team. The environment was constantly changing, which gave ample opportunity for learning and growing. I was able to work closely with the owners, who were always there to help over see and challenges and conflicts, without micro managing. They put faith in their management team and valued them a great deal.
Pros
Benefits, regular schedule, team atmosphere
Great customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2017
Great environment, great co-workers and the individuals that would shop at the business. They were flexiable with hours and work always work around school schedules.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Wanted more hours
Not good
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON29 December 2017
If you enjoy working with a team of teens who dont care too much about what gets done and what doesnt. This is perfect for you. Trying to get any opportunity to prove yourself is a hard task here.
productive workplace
Produce Worker (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK29 December 2017
i learned how manage time and fun to work with the co-workers.
workplace is very nice.
my enjoyable part of my job is to communicate with customers.
poor management
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  High River, AB28 December 2017
very limited cashier. hours of works is limited. a lot of duties at the same time. no proper training and they accept new applicants resulting to almost 8 hours of work a week.
Pros
easily hired
Cons
very limited hours offered
Productive and fun
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 December 2017
Never not working. I was always working with my friends so it was always fun, but still got our work done. Management switched at one point which made everything different which eventually made me want to change jobs
great for high schoolers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON28 December 2017
working here was great while in school as long as you don't need time off for sports as when i worked there it was a real hassle to get time off. management wasn't very kind or caring but it was organized and they spoke to you like you were a human.
Pros
fun staff, amazing christmas party, union
Cons
hard to get time off, fun work environment
Decent First Job
Cashier/Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON27 December 2017
Cashing customers with their orders, doing stock during times where it wasnt busy on the register. I learned a lot about dealing with money and gained customer service knowledge. The hours were not the best and the pay was okay for a first part time job. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers and gaining customer service experience
Pros
Customer Service Experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Don't bother
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 December 2017
U will get hit hard with union dues iniation fees and union dues . They give you minimum wage. Why bother have a union? When they hired you, you are welcome by everybody.
The owner comes in asking if you can work other shifts if you say no. You will be let go after paying off the union dues.
Avoid this location. It's good for teenagers because they will accept it. You are better off doing something else.
Pros
Co workers
Work Experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 December 2017
I enjoy working in no-frill because of people, environment and lots of opportunities. I have been working here for three months and till now I did not have a bad experience. Employees are like family, they help me no matter what. Whenever I do something wrong they talk to me nicely and teach me how to do that rather than scolding. This is the best part. The hardest part is to live heavy stuff on the belt when costumers cannot lift it we have to do it.
not a great comunity
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 December 2017
when working there i found that you have to learn on your own and figure out how to do things on your own. however this was not a bad thing because it taught me how to be independent and teach myself time management and teamwork for future training.
Pros
short hours
Cons
not such a great community