No Frills Employee Reviews

Exciting people, arduous work
Grocery Clerk/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 March 2018
Working as a grocery clerk at No Frills is an interestingly diverse job. You meet lots of people, and you get to solve problems nobody's asked before. On the other hand, the work, if you're doing it right (unlike many employees), is difficult on the body, but it keeps you in shape. The problem solving only comes in handy once in awhile, as most days the work is just stock, with no opportunity to learn new skills beyond the core ones.
Pros
Good exercise, meet people
Cons
Hard, arduous work, underachieving staff
Easy going
Night Crew Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2018
Working night shift at No frills was very easy going. Only one other employee during night shift so it was very pleasant to work by yourself and not have to interact with many people.
Pros
quiet
Cons
quiet
Great place to work for your first job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 March 2018
This is a great place to work for a first job for a few reasons. First off, you will join a welcoming culture full of caring and nice employees. Secondly, the work that you do is reasonable and not overly taxing, mentally or physically. And third, you get discounts off everything in the store as a No Frills employee. You'll really enjoy working here!!
Pros
Discounts on everything
Owner is impolite when it comes to certain manners and not enough shifts
Cashier (Current Employee) –  1300 king street E13 March 2018
I wouldn’t recommend no frills. You’ll only get two shifts a week and the owners don’t even know their employees names or have any common courtesy towards them
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Unprofessional management
Hard work, no benefits unless if you're full time
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2018
A typical day at work as a meat clerk starts with checking the counters and making a list of what you need to fill the shelves. The manager writes a list that you typically have to follow for the rest of your shift. It's not relatively bad for a job when you work at night as the floor is slow due to the lesser amount of customers coming in at the store. Also, it's also easy to fall behind when you don't have the right organizational and time management skills. The hardest part of the job is that there's heavy lifting involved and standing for long periods of time is necessary. The management is strict but fair when it comes to their regulations and assesses the staff accordingly based on their performance. The hours are flexible and you can always request to change schedule as long as you do it in advance. Overall, working at No Frills is a good experience especially if you are a student that is looking for a flexible schedule, but definitely not a job for a long term position.
Pros
Nice management, flexible hours, easy to work at night
Cons
No benefits, minimum pay, only get benefits if you are full time.
Grocery Clerk
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 March 2018
Spend the shift taking stock from the back and putting it on the shelves. I learned what kind of schemes the stores use for items in each aisle, why some things are on higher shelves or lower shelves than others. The hardest part of the job was proving myself to get more hours than I was being scheduled for.
good place to work for part time employment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB5 March 2018
I have worked for loblaw for about 20 years . this store is well run and the owner is great.
I continue working here cause the hours work around my grandchildren time and that is more important to me .
Pros
friendly happy co-workers
Cons
inconsistant hours due to part time
no frills
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS5 March 2018
i would stock shelves and the best part of my job was interacting with people. i learned alot of customer service. the job was good but i was just looking for something else.
Pros
customer service
Cons
short hours
Great place to start off, but not a career based job
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 March 2018
People are great.. if you get your work done as soon as possible. You're either going to be a stock boy or facing for 4-5 hours straight with barely any break. Once you get it going you can start helping out the meat and produce departments. Management is great, its a very clean environment. Pay sucks, but it's a entry level job. Always be respectful to your managers, because their the ones who fix the schedule. Messing with them will give no hours.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No good pay
Fun workplace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  1250 eglintion ave e4 March 2018
enjoyed going to work, everyone was nice to each other and worked well all around.

its always nice to work with nice people who wont take your work for granted.
terrible place to work
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
I worked as a meat clerk at no-frills. My job was to stock meat and deal with customers. The managers here gave a large workload; the place was understaffed and and if the work wasn't finished you're punished. Not many hours are given to the employees. During my time there I did not see a single person Advance. Many people there we're working Full time hours but we're not given the position do to pay. There is not much to be gained from working here.
Friendly and great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
It was a great environment the people were nice, the mangers were kind, and it was nice to work there. Only downfall is that there are a lot of people who get hired very often so the amount of hours was not that great, but everything else was good.
Great staff
Cahier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 March 2018
Amazing staff from the cashiers to the managers all the way to the owners. Feels like one big happy family. I really enjoyed working here. Very understanding and accommodating. Great place to work however, clientele can be a little smelly, but they are still really friendly.
People for the most part that i worked with were great wages and hours need improvemnt
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB28 February 2018
people I worked with great
customer were great
my department was fantastic
wage sucks
hour were sad
job it self was easy I guess
lots of heavy lifting
Pros
people that i worked with were great my manage was great
Cons
no benifit no ft hour and wage is min
Negative environment, only the workers made it better
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2018
The job was easy, just stocking shelves. However, the owner would mostly always be in a bad mood for whatever reason. And that rubbed off on some of the managers. They all believed in a "seniority" when it comes to pushing carts, regardless of the weather. You're stuck doing it the whole time, unless you're on your break. The only thing that made this job slightly enjoyable was the coworkers. A lot of them were pretty understanding that this job is pretty bad and they just tried to keep things light.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
poor management
terrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2018
the store is an extremely difficult environment . The customers are hard top deal with .there is limited support for cashiers from management we are treated like we don't matter .
productive and fun
Meat Department Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2018
it is a good place of work and I have been treated properly for the time I have been there I just think its time for something new and something more retail based
A good place to work for flexibility
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 February 2018
On a day to day bases i was able to interact with many different people which i would say was probably my favorite thing about the job & due to the fact that i worked there for so long i was able to form a relationship with the more regular customers so that was always something to look forward too although that can easily turn into a con simply because its not everyone who has a welcoming attitude .I've gained plenty of good customer service experience along with patients .
Horrible work environment
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 February 2018
Managers talk down on you and act like you don’t matter . Also you are treated like dog fecal matter. They don’t train you well and expect you to be a robot.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything involving the job
Great fun palce to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
No frills was a fun place to work at . Met new associates, laid back , calm clean environment . Most enjoyable part of the day was closing after working a 9-5 or 9-9 shift things get tiring