No Frills Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  1250 eglintion ave e4 March 2018
enjoyed going to work, everyone was nice to each other and worked well all around.

its always nice to work with nice people who wont take your work for granted.
terrible place to work
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
I worked as a meat clerk at no-frills. My job was to stock meat and deal with customers. The managers here gave a large workload; the place was understaffed and and if the work wasn't finished you're punished. Not many hours are given to the employees. During my time there I did not see a single person Advance. Many people there we're working Full time hours but we're not given the position do to pay. There is not much to be gained from working here.
Friendly and great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
It was a great environment the people were nice, the mangers were kind, and it was nice to work there. Only downfall is that there are a lot of people who get hired very often so the amount of hours was not that great, but everything else was good.
Great staff
Cahier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 March 2018
Amazing staff from the cashiers to the managers all the way to the owners. Feels like one big happy family. I really enjoyed working here. Very understanding and accommodating. Great place to work however, clientele can be a little smelly, but they are still really friendly.
People for the most part that i worked with were great wages and hours need improvemnt
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB28 February 2018
people I worked with great
customer were great
my department was fantastic
wage sucks
hour were sad
job it self was easy I guess
lots of heavy lifting
Pros
people that i worked with were great my manage was great
Cons
no benifit no ft hour and wage is min
Negative environment, only the workers made it better
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2018
The job was easy, just stocking shelves. However, the owner would mostly always be in a bad mood for whatever reason. And that rubbed off on some of the managers. They all believed in a "seniority" when it comes to pushing carts, regardless of the weather. You're stuck doing it the whole time, unless you're on your break. The only thing that made this job slightly enjoyable was the coworkers. A lot of them were pretty understanding that this job is pretty bad and they just tried to keep things light.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
poor management
terrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2018
the store is an extremely difficult environment . The customers are hard top deal with .there is limited support for cashiers from management we are treated like we don't matter .
productive and fun
Meat Department Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2018
it is a good place of work and I have been treated properly for the time I have been there I just think its time for something new and something more retail based
A good place to work for flexibility
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 February 2018
On a day to day bases i was able to interact with many different people which i would say was probably my favorite thing about the job & due to the fact that i worked there for so long i was able to form a relationship with the more regular customers so that was always something to look forward too although that can easily turn into a con simply because its not everyone who has a welcoming attitude .I've gained plenty of good customer service experience along with patients .
Horrible work environment
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 February 2018
Managers talk down on you and act like you don’t matter . Also you are treated like dog fecal matter. They don’t train you well and expect you to be a robot.
Pros
Cons
Pretty much everything involving the job
Great fun palce to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
No frills was a fun place to work at . Met new associates, laid back , calm clean environment . Most enjoyable part of the day was closing after working a 9-5 or 9-9 shift things get tiring
Interesting Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
Most management cared about how you're feeling along with if they know you need a little bit more training on something, they will help you understand and make sure you fully understand how to do it without needing assistance.
Pros
5 to 6 hour shifts
Cons
remembering over 100 codes.
First Job for Experience
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 February 2018
This was my first paid experience in a working environment. I had both good and bad experiences. My position at no frills was a grocery clerk and cart boy.
Pros
Experiences and Skills
Cons
Vacation and time off requests were never accepted
great experience
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON13 February 2018
loved working at no frills, however the store owner was not afraid to yell at employees in front of customers. It was a great environment and overall loved it.
Pros
great environment
Cons
the owner
A great first job that helped me excel as a person and grow in my communication skills , confidence, and management as a student employee.
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tilbury, ON8 February 2018
No Frills had an amazing team of workers that I got along with very well, as well as always a positive environment. The staff working would always get tasks done and handled everything well. There is very few bad experiences I have had at this store. When I started as a Cash Office Clerk two summers ago it was one of the busiest and hardest jobs I have had at this age and taught me many skills that I use today as a young adult living on my own. I enjoyed the authority of doing the hard jobs and being there for help and questions of the other cashiers.
Fun starting job
Grocery & Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2018
I have had an alright experience but I would suggest that you book off time way in advance and there is no full time positions here only for managers.So there are no benefits which isn’t really good
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
No benefits
very messy place
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2018
My area was the only clean one, with every full time employee basically not caring because they have absolute job security. I felt personally overworked by my supervisor, and barely saw the owner.
Pros
air condition
Cons
messy
Fun work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB4 February 2018
it was a fun friendly place to work, thy could have better accommodations for cashiers in the winter as it gets very cold at the tills in the winter, it was a easy job
Friendly and nice workplace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 February 2018
Very safe and encouraging workplace with friendly supervisors and engaging coworkers. Well maintained and very clean with nice customers. Accommodating with schedules.
Productive but fun work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON2 February 2018
Always greeted by other employees.
Management is there to help explain things if you don’t understand something.
Being on your feet constantly is the hardest thing.
Working directly with the public is great but can be difficult also.