No Frills Employee Reviews

good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON29 March 2018
when working here i was given the hours promised but did not receive anymore even when asked. they are very flexible with shifts and managers are very helpful and respectful towards staff and customers.
Cons
no discounts
Productive Work Place
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 March 2018
A typical day for me is basically stocking shelves and grabbing carts when there is none available for customers. I've learned good work habits such as how to manage time, how to be efficient, learning the importance of showing up on time..etc. As for as management goes, the managers are fairly friendly and easy going. The workplace culture is like any other grocery store, most co-workers are friendly and willing to help, customers for the most part are always kind to the workers and vice versa. Hardest part of my job would be getting the carts but I do not really mind that so I can't really say there is a 'hardest' part because it's a pretty basic job. Most enjoyable part of my job is definitely interacting with and helping customers. All in all a good place to work.
Pros
free lunches (sometimes), not a taxing job
Cons
repetitive
great job great job, cashiering, nice place to work , front end staff were great to work with, and interaction with customers was the best partpart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL27 March 2018
great job, cashiering, nice place to work , front end staff were great to work with, and interaction with customers was the best part, learned many things working there not just about cashiering
was good work experience
Warehouse Attendant / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
It was a good place for job experience I like it, the stock and back room were clean because it was a new place built less than year ago. I had to leave for a family emergency.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
boss was strict
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 March 2018
My typical day at work would be cashing through customers with their groceries. When it is slow, I clean the cash registers and clean up around the front of the store.
Pros
Working with customers
Always on your feet
Cashier-customer service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2018
Very busy most of the time. I learned how to keep a smile even when customers try to crawl under your skin. Friendly co-workers in the workplace made the day easier.
Cons
Long hours on feet
productive and fun work experience
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON24 March 2018
I loved working at no frills while I was there I had a great experience with different people and the environment was very comfortable overall no frills was one of the best work experiences for me.
Summery of my job experience
PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2018
I have been working in a pharmacy as a assistant and I love the environment. · I am very much comfortable while communicating with clients and capable to solve problems with determination.
Good for a summer time job
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
Difficult dealing with meat. Need to make sure you wear gloves and have a good eye to catch any products that should not be available on the shelves. Only one person would be stocking meat during the day other than the Manager of the meat department
Fantastic
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 March 2018
As a student needing some financial help, No Frills did not only provide me a job but also an environment that taught me how to work at a fast pace and achieve the daily work requirements within a deadline.
Pros
Fantastic learning environment
Grocery Clerk
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2018
The jobs were pretty similar for the most part, but varied a little bit from time to time. Staff made the job much enjoyable and worthwhile. I have learnt a lot from this job given it was my first job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Been there too long
Well productive place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 March 2018
Not very flexible with time availability. Some employees their are very rude, but others are very welcoming and respectful. But overall it was a great place to work at.
Exciting people, arduous work
Grocery Clerk/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 March 2018
Working as a grocery clerk at No Frills is an interestingly diverse job. You meet lots of people, and you get to solve problems nobody's asked before. On the other hand, the work, if you're doing it right (unlike many employees), is difficult on the body, but it keeps you in shape. The problem solving only comes in handy once in awhile, as most days the work is just stock, with no opportunity to learn new skills beyond the core ones.
Pros
Good exercise, meet people
Cons
Hard, arduous work, underachieving staff
Easy going
Night Crew Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2018
Working night shift at No frills was very easy going. Only one other employee during night shift so it was very pleasant to work by yourself and not have to interact with many people.
Pros
quiet
Cons
quiet
Great place to work for your first job
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 March 2018
This is a great place to work for a first job for a few reasons. First off, you will join a welcoming culture full of caring and nice employees. Secondly, the work that you do is reasonable and not overly taxing, mentally or physically. And third, you get discounts off everything in the store as a No Frills employee. You'll really enjoy working here!!
Pros
Discounts on everything
Owner is impolite when it comes to certain manners and not enough shifts
Cashier (Current Employee) –  1300 king street E13 March 2018
I wouldn’t recommend no frills. You’ll only get two shifts a week and the owners don’t even know their employees names or have any common courtesy towards them
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Unprofessional management
Hard work, no benefits unless if you're full time
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2018
A typical day at work as a meat clerk starts with checking the counters and making a list of what you need to fill the shelves. The manager writes a list that you typically have to follow for the rest of your shift. It's not relatively bad for a job when you work at night as the floor is slow due to the lesser amount of customers coming in at the store. Also, it's also easy to fall behind when you don't have the right organizational and time management skills. The hardest part of the job is that there's heavy lifting involved and standing for long periods of time is necessary. The management is strict but fair when it comes to their regulations and assesses the staff accordingly based on their performance. The hours are flexible and you can always request to change schedule as long as you do it in advance. Overall, working at No Frills is a good experience especially if you are a student that is looking for a flexible schedule, but definitely not a job for a long term position.
Pros
Nice management, flexible hours, easy to work at night
Cons
No benefits, minimum pay, only get benefits if you are full time.
Grocery Clerk
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 March 2018
Spend the shift taking stock from the back and putting it on the shelves. I learned what kind of schemes the stores use for items in each aisle, why some things are on higher shelves or lower shelves than others. The hardest part of the job was proving myself to get more hours than I was being scheduled for.
good place to work for part time employment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB5 March 2018
I have worked for loblaw for about 20 years . this store is well run and the owner is great.
I continue working here cause the hours work around my grandchildren time and that is more important to me .
Pros
friendly happy co-workers
Cons
inconsistant hours due to part time
no frills
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS5 March 2018
i would stock shelves and the best part of my job was interacting with people. i learned alot of customer service. the job was good but i was just looking for something else.
Pros
customer service
Cons
short hours