No Frills logo
No Frills

No Frills Employee Reviews

Found 1,704 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,797 reviews

Warzone.

Had a dead rat thrown at me by a customer. Had a Karen start throwing tubs of ice cream and cans of soup at me while screaming. Terrible customers. Overall, my coworkers were great though. They got me through 5 months there.

Pros

Chill team members

Cons

Insane customers

Do not work here

Worked here for close to a year, was really really bad pay. They do not care about any of the employees in the slightest. All in all I would stay away even if you are a high-school or university student horrible work environment. Got even worse when everyone saw the pay structure I believe it was a 25 cent raise maybe every 500-800 hours worked

Pros

Cons

Wasnt allowed to put sale items to the side if we wanted one.

Productive and fun workplace.

CEO and supervisors are all understanding and accommodating. There is always a cooperation of work within all the employees as well as the employer. Nice workplace.

Pros

Free snacks sometimes.

Cons

Part time jobs only.

I love working here

Very friendly and comfortable environment, staff is like family from a new employee to the owners. No experience required, will train. Management very accommodating to individual needs

Pros

Short shifts (6hrs)

Cons

Part time only, no lunch breaks just two15 min breaks for a 6 hr shift

Fast pasted at times with amazing coworkers

It’s a fun first job but it’s not something you wanna stay in long term. As someone who was looking for a job in high school, i given the option of pretty flexible hours but get ready to not have any weekends for yourself as a part timer. You Mostly work 8 hour shifts on weekends. Its a good job because it gives you experience so you can look for a better paying job. The other employees would always have your back and supervisors are very kind and give constructive criticism when needed.

Pros

Amazing coworkers

Cons

Long hours, discounts only 10% for a couple of days twice a year or so

Always stuff to do

Good Beginning job. Managers are disrespectful, owner and his wife are nice. I asked for one day off and cut my hours in half, went from 20-25 to 10 hours. Other employees are nice its just the managers

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Rude Management, No discount

Boring Position as a Cashier

For the most part, work is very boring, but as long as it gets the bills paid. It is very repetitive and gets very boring/tiring easily. As for coworkers I never felt like I truly belonged there, and some of the managers are blatantly mean and/or rude to newcomers.

Pros

Not much work, benefits

Cons

long hours, boring and repetitive

Cashier at No frills

Overall I would say that I had an alright experience working at No frills. The general work environment was decent however I found that within the workplace there was a communication issue. I found that more than often, closer to when I decided to resign, I felt misinformed within the workplace as there was inconsistency and perhaps even a bit of disorganization when it came to management informing employees of information regarding policies, procedures, sales. etc. This is what influenced my decision to leave this work as the job was becoming a big stressor in my life.

Like a family

From the moment I started working here I found everyone to be so friendly and helpful. They made me feel comfortable and at home! When they see you struggling with codes they are quick to tell you them. When you call someone on the floor for help, your phone rings and 3 people come running to help within seconds. When I once commented on how helpful everyone is, I was told a company is only as strong as it’s weakest link. Pulling together makes us a strong team. Managers hit the floor when it gets busy to help out and make things run smoother! They are not afraid to work along side you! Wish pay was better and I got more hours, but best place I have ever worked!

Pros

Amazing staff and management and lots of great customers

Cons

Pays minimum wage, not enough hours, cranky customers

Productive Workplace and Easygoing

The only difficult things are the lacking ability to increase pay without working almost full time. Loblaws has small budgets for No Frills making it hard to move up. Easygoing overall and doesn't require much.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Boring

Jobs at No Frills

See more jobs

Great if you are friendly with boss/manager

Was great until change of management and owners.They hire highschool students and let them work in the office. There's a lot of hiring between family members so good luck if you're not from the area or really know the owners/managers.The new owners are kind of petty, they will add your facebook so be careful of what you say on there. If you are a friend/family member or if they really like you, you will get the best shifts you want, otherwise good luck. No one wants to be on cash so if you're new be prepared to be left alone most times, as soon as it gets quiet everyone will split and close their cash. It makes the workload hard to deal with most times, you can call them up but they will take their time coming up and by then its not busy so they just leave again. Frustrating.

Pros

Cons

management

Great Staff, Positive people

This is a physically demanding job. However, the management is very flexible with regards to hours, and the overall staff mentality is cheerful and encouraging.

Pros

Unionized, regular breaks, staff discount during certain promotions

Cons

Physically demanding, fast paced

Flexable place to work

Great place to work, friendly and helpful staff members and wonderful owner/manager! You get to know the customers and look forward to seeing and serving them regularly!

Pros

Planned free lunches, flexable hours good for work/life balance.

Cons

As a cashier its hard standing for long hours, would help if a swivel chairs/stools was provided to take some pressure off the feet.

All staff from all departments are great people to work with

If there is any problem management is there there to help any way they can . Stord owner is great person to get along with. Have not had any problems send I have been there

Good for a job, not suitable for a career

If you need a job, go for it. But unfortunately No Frills is not the place to utilize your skills. I've worked for other companies in the same industry and they love to promote people with experience, talent and drive. That's not the same at No Frills. If anything, that's a deterrent to ever getting ahead.

Pros

Flexible schedule, relaxed environment

Cons

No opportunity for advancement

Good first job for teenagers, but the workplace was toxic

Worked there for 5 years. It was my first job, so I didn't have anything to compare it to. Now that I do, I can say that it wasn't poor, but was far from great. The hours were fine, and most of my co-workers were friendly, but the owner was horrible. He would bring you to his office to privately mock you or degrade you, to the point where myself and multiple other employees would only enter his office in the presence of the Union Representative. Overall, sure, work here part-time for some money, save it for school, a car, or blow it, I don't care. But if you have another offer of employment, maybe choose it instead.

Pros

Friendly Co-workers, Good Environment

Cons

Store Owner was horrible.

Awful Atmosphere

Everyone there was just too lazy to do anything with their lives and were jealous that I have goals and actually want to succeed so they looked at me sideways.

productive and work as a team

you should finish the task given that day and help each other especially when someone have alot of stock to arrange or display there should be cooperation.

Pros

bonus on christmas holiday

Cons

short hours

Every day was a fun happy customers satisfaction

Great team players Best Boss ever Thank-you Roy/Sherri and team xoI, enjoyed working every day accomplish four departments for my experience was the best .To all the night 🌃 crew No Frills has the best guys.

Pros

Big lunch room with all appliances

Cons

No problem

Great place to work but feel extremely unappreciated

Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and multitask. Great place to start. Enhances your ability to work with others, communicate, and manage your time better. However, they push you to your limit. Burn you out while they only give minimum wage. You never feel appreciated for your hard work.

Pros

Friendly environment, good hours

Cons

Sucky customers, lack of appreciation

It was fun working there

Chris No Frills at sarnia was my best employment, I have enjoyed working there environment was good management is friendly customers are lovingI have felt respected and loved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at No Frills. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement