No Frills Employee Reviews

Productive, fun and learnable work place.
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 April 2018
Its great working there. Work load is always present because lot of customers came and we have keep stocking so they get what they came to buy.
I learned to work with team and how to keep yourself together during the pressure hours.
Management and workplace culture is the great. That the thing I enjoy most everybody is helpful and don't share the feeling of competition. we work as whole single body. Th enjoyable thing to help people. I love to help people and her at this job its all about it. I get to meet different kinds of people everyday.
I don't think there is any hardest part because every worker is ready to help other even the manager.
Great
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
No frills was my first job at 16 years old and they have become like family. They take a personal interest in their employees well being as well as help them to work to the best of their abilities
fun
Creditview Road- Cashier/ supervisor (Current Employee) –  4040 creditview19 April 2018
a typical day at work is pretty boring. I learned how to work with people that may not like me or i may not like. The management is okay and i like the customers that come to no frills
good learning expierence
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2018
learn on your feet
fast-paced
develop great communication and problem-solving skills
learn to be efficient and multitask
many opportunities to move up in the company
Good workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2018
The day starts off by rounding up all grocery carts outside and putting them inside the store. Then the employees head to the back of the store and unload the delivered products which are then organized and sent to their respective aisles. Other tasks throughout the day include assisting customers, putting away products, cleaning the floors, etc.
Pros
Decent pay, efficient brakes.
Cons
Straining labour
Fun place to work with.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  High River, AB16 April 2018
Fun place to work, not alot of stress. Management when i worked their changed alot so it was difficult to get to know the people you were working for. Overall would recommend.
Solid job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 April 2018
Good environment, Lots of communication. often a lot of the employees are friends outside of work because its very inviting. Great prices on grub too.
Fun work place met new friends
Labourer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON black creek and eglinton16 April 2018
I enjoyed my time there and made new friends and the manager and supervisor and ofcourse the boss lol There funny friendly people I worked very hard here I lost 30lbs with this job but it benefited me in the long run,so I’m okay with that
Pros
Take a break when I wanted too
Cons
8 hour shifts
Very basic job involving the maintenance of the store
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON15 April 2018
A typical day at work consists of moving new products and displaying them in the front of the store for people to see and buy. I have learnt necessary customer service skills.
Good first Job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 April 2018
Great place to have your first job. Mostly young people work there and management teaches you the ins and outs of working at a grocery store. Some days get hectic but overall great hours and coworkers are great.

Want to know more about No Frills?

Ask a question
Fun work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2018
I liked working there but I need more shifts. It is a busy place but it gives you something to do with the part time position that they offer. Promotions are hard top get and so is a raise.
Pros
breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Young people with too much power
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2018
Most of the staff were young adults and teenagers, and while there was opportunity for advancement into higher positions, many employees abused their power and grew lazy. Cash office cashiers would do anything to avoid working the front end and chose to sit and eat in the office instead of helping lower-level cashiers during busy times... even though the were responsible for the under staffing. Also, the aspect of flexible hours was heavily promoted and then inexplicably taken away from all employees, who would then be disciplined in one way or another. On the bright side, many of the lower-level/non-management employees were very friendly and hardworking.
Good Part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2018
Good Place to work. The Management is good and the staff are all nice to work with. Hours are sometime staggered but that's the type of work.overall good place.
a good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB11 April 2018
my job was to ring peoples groceries through the till, I learnt a lot of codes for produce. Management was pretty good, my bosses were all very nice. The hardest part of the job was the long hours standing at the till, and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who were pleasant to work with.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
long hours on feet
Organized working environment with friendly co workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  1530 Albion Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9V 1B411 April 2018
A typical day of work at this location involves constant attention towards detail and the ability to stay on task due to high customers. I've learned many skills such as how to approach certain conflicts that arise whether customer service or worker conflicts as well as how to handle in a appropriate manner. Management is overall a good place where your interest and needs are looked after as well the other co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job would to maintain organization with products since this location is a high volume customer store. The most enjoyable part would be interacting with all the different customers since most customers are friendly
Pros
Free Holiday lunches/dinners
Cons
Extremely busy
pros and cons
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 April 2018
The Hardest part was facing all the food the right way and stacking it up at the end of the night.

The best part about the job was that i knew a lot of people that worked there so it made it more fun.
Pros
esay job
Cons
boring days
environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON6 April 2018
positive company to work for. I made the most of my time there, if you work hard you have plenty of opportunity to get into different areas, such as cash, produce, dairy, grocery etc
Great part-time job for students
Front End Supervisor/Cash Office (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Working at no frills was a great part-time job. I've worked there for 4 years and I've always liked my job. I am a cashier/supervisor so I'm always at the front making sure that transactions are being processed correctly and that customers are leaving satisfied.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Some people cannot handle customer service and sometimes have a problem dealing with upset customers
Inconsistant weekly hours
Grocery/meat clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2018
This company is not employee friendly. There is an air of disposability . The management team does not communicate with employees in a friendly or polite manner. You are given no positive feedback on the job you are doing and your hours are cut with no warning.
Pros
There are no pros.
Cons
They are listed in my review
Productive Environment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 March 2018
Managed inventory in the produce department, focusing on product distribution and quality control

Resolved customer problems and complaints, receiving an improved and record quarterly customer satisfaction score
of 83%, compared to 62% average from the previous year
Pros
Lenient scheduling
Cons
Bossy managers