No Frills

No Frills Employee Reviews

Found 1,711 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,748 reviews

Not very emokoyee orientated

Very impressionable, almost like your a machine without a conscience. Your opinion is not really appreciated and the owner is never happy but it was a safe place and steady work

Bad management and hours

I received only 1 shift a week for months because we were so over staffed before I had to quit. I complained to management about it multiple times but things never changed and sometimes they would never respond to my complaints at all. Some of the managers would yell at you in-front of other workers or customers. The other cashiers were nice, welcoming and fun to work with. They also offered barley any training and would get mad when you messed up on something you were not trained for. Minimum wage and free 5 cent bags was not worth working there.

Pros

Good employees

Cons

Horrible management

Amazing Starting Job

Loved the managers there. They are very fair, and try their best to make schedules that work around your school schedules. It is a great student job. They tend to your needs, and they train you very quickly. Not many complaints besides a couple rude customers. No frills is an amazing part-time job, and I would highly recommend it to those looking for a summer job.

Pros

Good break times

Cons

Weird schedules

It was a good place to work at.

I worked at NoFrills for just over 1 year, and I’ve grown to like it. My coworkers were friendly, and it felt great to finish stocking the shelves and clearing all the pallets, though that a was a rare occurrence. A lot of times we had more than we could handle, or had extra product and couldn’t fit it at the top of the shelves. I didn’t find it to be a really demanding or high stress job, and I definitely recommended working there.

Pros

Easy to get the hang of.

Cons

Not really any cons.

Fun workplace

Doesn't go well I didn't learn more because it was difficult trying to talk to each other it was all good only myself didn't know how to manage myself talking to someone else

Pros

Buy lunch

Cons

Over time

Place full of bad management, overworked employees and bad hours

It is a good job as a student but anything further I would avoid. It is easier work but a lot is expected with not very good pay or benefits. Hours are low and management does not care about availability.

Cons

Bad Pay, Low Hours

great

good boss and working with locals is what I enjoy. They push you which at first is annoying but ends up been the best thing for you, as it is what they need a fast learner/well oriented individual.. I Love it

Cons

not enough hrs

Over all good place to work

Good place and good location close to sky train 10 minutes from down town close to bus very close to other big stores like home depot, Canadian tire, best buy, home sense and winners.

Do not work here

Worked here for close to a year, was really really bad pay. They do not care about any of the employees in the slightest. All in all I would stay away even if you are a high-school or university student horrible work environment. Got even worse when everyone saw the pay structure I believe it was a 25 cent raise maybe every 500-800 hours worked

Pros

Cons

Wasnt allowed to put sale items to the side if we wanted one.

Warzone.

Had a dead rat thrown at me by a customer. Had a Karen start throwing tubs of ice cream and cans of soup at me while screaming. Terrible customers. Overall, my coworkers were great though. They got me through 5 months there.

Pros

Chill team members

Cons

Insane customers

Jobs at No Frills

See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace.

CEO and supervisors are all understanding and accommodating. There is always a cooperation of work within all the employees as well as the employer. Nice workplace.

Pros

Free snacks sometimes.

Cons

Part time jobs only.

I love working here

Very friendly and comfortable environment, staff is like family from a new employee to the owners. No experience required, will train. Management very accommodating to individual needs

Pros

Short shifts (6hrs)

Cons

Part time only, no lunch breaks just two15 min breaks for a 6 hr shift

Fast pasted at times with amazing coworkers

It’s a fun first job but it’s not something you wanna stay in long term. As someone who was looking for a job in high school, i given the option of pretty flexible hours but get ready to not have any weekends for yourself as a part timer. You Mostly work 8 hour shifts on weekends. Its a good job because it gives you experience so you can look for a better paying job. The other employees would always have your back and supervisors are very kind and give constructive criticism when needed.

Pros

Amazing coworkers

Cons

Long hours, discounts only 10% for a couple of days twice a year or so

Always stuff to do

Good Beginning job. Managers are disrespectful, owner and his wife are nice. I asked for one day off and cut my hours in half, went from 20-25 to 10 hours. Other employees are nice its just the managers

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Rude Management, No discount

Boring Position as a Cashier

For the most part, work is very boring, but as long as it gets the bills paid. It is very repetitive and gets very boring/tiring easily. As for coworkers I never felt like I truly belonged there, and some of the managers are blatantly mean and/or rude to newcomers.

Pros

Not much work, benefits

Cons

long hours, boring and repetitive

Cashier at No frills

Overall I would say that I had an alright experience working at No frills. The general work environment was decent however I found that within the workplace there was a communication issue. I found that more than often, closer to when I decided to resign, I felt misinformed within the workplace as there was inconsistency and perhaps even a bit of disorganization when it came to management informing employees of information regarding policies, procedures, sales. etc. This is what influenced my decision to leave this work as the job was becoming a big stressor in my life.

Like a family

From the moment I started working here I found everyone to be so friendly and helpful. They made me feel comfortable and at home! When they see you struggling with codes they are quick to tell you them. When you call someone on the floor for help, your phone rings and 3 people come running to help within seconds. When I once commented on how helpful everyone is, I was told a company is only as strong as it’s weakest link. Pulling together makes us a strong team. Managers hit the floor when it gets busy to help out and make things run smoother! They are not afraid to work along side you! Wish pay was better and I got more hours, but best place I have ever worked!

Pros

Amazing staff and management and lots of great customers

Cons

Pays minimum wage, not enough hours, cranky customers

Productive Workplace and Easygoing

The only difficult things are the lacking ability to increase pay without working almost full time. Loblaws has small budgets for No Frills making it hard to move up. Easygoing overall and doesn't require much.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Boring

Great if you are friendly with boss/manager

Was great until change of management and owners.They hire highschool students and let them work in the office. There's a lot of hiring between family members so good luck if you're not from the area or really know the owners/managers.The new owners are kind of petty, they will add your facebook so be careful of what you say on there. If you are a friend/family member or if they really like you, you will get the best shifts you want, otherwise good luck. No one wants to be on cash so if you're new be prepared to be left alone most times, as soon as it gets quiet everyone will split and close their cash. It makes the workload hard to deal with most times, you can call them up but they will take their time coming up and by then its not busy so they just leave again. Frustrating.

Pros

Cons

management

Great Staff, Positive people

This is a physically demanding job. However, the management is very flexible with regards to hours, and the overall staff mentality is cheerful and encouraging.

Pros

Unionized, regular breaks, staff discount during certain promotions

Cons

Physically demanding, fast paced

Flexable place to work

Great place to work, friendly and helpful staff members and wonderful owner/manager! You get to know the customers and look forward to seeing and serving them regularly!

Pros

Planned free lunches, flexable hours good for work/life balance.

Cons

As a cashier its hard standing for long hours, would help if a swivel chairs/stools was provided to take some pressure off the feet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at No Frills. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement