No Frills Employee Reviews

Found 1,364 reviews matching the search See all 1,443 reviews
poor management
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2019
My first day at work wasn't the best. No one taught me how to do anything. I had to constantly ask how to do something or where to put something. We didn't get pay stubs and the managers weren't freindly at all
Great staff and service
Part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 April 2019
The staff are very polite and friendly towards other staff and custumers. they respect everyone and maintain a healthy space. They keep everything organized and help out customers who have questions or concerns.
Pros
Good amount of breaks
Cons
Bad
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON16 April 2019
Hated it. Management was terrible. policies weren't clear. just confusion about everything. the limit was a hassle to enforce. act like a machine for the whole day.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad experience
Great job for students in school. Flexibe work hours available
RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2019
Great job for students in school. Flexible work hours available. Maintaining great customer service is key. Always be on time and do your job will avoid managers being mad and hard on you.
Pros
Gift cards om christmas
Cons
Always busy
Productive and enjoyable workplace with great staff and even better management.
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC15 April 2019
The staff and workplace environment at Tyler's No Frills is enjoyable and motivating. The management team is very in touch with staff needs and concerns that may arise which tailors to the overall workplace experience. Tyler's No Frills is under a union which provides great benefits, not only for the employee but also extendable to family members.
Pros
Free staff meals, organized workplace
Cons
Older building
Organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ON15 April 2019
A typical day as a cashier is spending your entire time ringing people through or cleaning. There is a very strict schedule and it is a very organized work environment. The hardest part of the job is the long hours of standing there.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Long hours, cranky customers, cranky coworkers
Good job
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON12 April 2019
I enjoyed the job but as it went on it felt like the management was starting to not care what you do.as much but other then that the other employees were nice and I’m glad I got to work there.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor management
friendly environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  High River, AB11 April 2019
I really enjoyed working here. I made friends that i met here before going to the high school. Always felt comfortable and made sure that my customers were taken care of accordingly. i learned a lot about customer service here.
Pros
friendly, easy staff
Cons
not staying longer
not recomnded
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 April 2019
it was so bad , their behaviour was bad too,
I never recommend to work for them
I don't like their environment
I still had nightmare about those day , I never back there
productive and nice place
Produce manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 April 2019
It's a nice company but there is always something that you want to explore and you want to learn more for more experience.
Expecting more pay that is why need to job hunt for the future, and to support the personal needs and to support everyday expenses.
Owner is sick
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Selkirk, MB3 April 2019
Frills is a great job to have because everyones so chill there, its a non-stressful environment, and everyone gets along. The owner is so sick, he'll give you any days you want off, and jokes with you all the time.
loved the employees
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 April 2019
I wish we had a 50% discount on all items even sales due to the amount of product that gets thrown in the garbage it was nostalgic and I would defiantly return if my life let me
Pros
when will proper raise regiment gets in placed
Cons
hours
Overall, average job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 April 2019
A typical day would be walking in fifteen minutes before my shift, going upstairs to the break room and changing into the shirt they provided us. I would talk with coworkers, usual small talk. Then we would all go down and check what till we were on. We would change shifts with the cashier who was already on it, then start our shift. A couple hours in, we would get a fifteen minute break, or a thirty minute break if we were working five or more hours that night.

When the store closed, we would spray and wipe the tills down, change the garbage bags and lock the doors. Then we would head home for the day.

There was nothing extremely difficult about the job, other than the odd rude customer who was just having a bad day and needed someone to take it out on.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when repeating customers remembered you too. It was nice to have a real conversation with someone in between lots of quick, small talk.
Pros
Christmas lunch and a small gift, short hours (6 at most), flexible timetable, friendly coworkers and friendly customers
Cons
A specific manager was not kind, rarely listened to anyone unless they wanted something.
Great Place , great co- workers
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga2 April 2019
Having a fun time at work makes work fly by so much faster , and having great leadership goals and friends in the workplace makes you want to work harder to get tasks accomplished!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots to do sometimes
poor character
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK2 April 2019
sad work enviornment, unfriendly co workers, loose atmohsphere, poor managment, enforced rules correctly but in poor way, fired after a month without reason, always cold wihtout given proper clothing
Cons
long hours with no lunch break
No Frills
Grocery Stocker / Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 April 2019
First job i have ever got and it was amazing, the manager was the greatest. I learned how to read codes and restock. Most of my experience there was the best
Pros
Lunch
Grocery store
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2019
At No frill's I had to answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished. Restock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise. Compare merchandise invoices to items received to ensure that shipments are correct. Stamp, attach, or change price tags on merchandise, referring to price list. That is only a brief summary of the wide variety of duties I was exposed to on a daily basis.
Well managed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2019
It's very managed when it comes to dealing with issues, stocks, etc. The people I work with are easy to get along with and are very welcoming when I first got hired.
Productive, friendly workplace.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2019
A typical day at work includes, cashing out customers, helping them find and match items. I learned my customer service skills at my workplace which includes returns and exchange. Management is reliable and helpful. The workplace culture is a friendly environment. hardest part about my job is working with angry customers.
Great people to work with and management was always understanding
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2019
Typical day looks like sorting order, pricing product and setting up meat display. Next you sort and work deli and frozen meat. Occasionally you help the bakery. Overall it is a good place to work for minimum wage. Manager and owner was always understanding and willing to give responsibility to prove yourself
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Schedule goes up Friday if your working Sunday