No Frills

Working at No Frills: Employee Reviews

Canada2,122 reviews

Found 2,122 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,162 reviews
nofrillsgroceryshelfcashierstorecustomercashshift

Someone destroyed my property, other than that was ok

Someone destroyed my property in the break room, didn't have a locker, told the store manager and was basically told too bad so sad, aside from that it was just an average job.

Pros

nothing really

Cons

someone destroyed my property

Okay place

Normal store environnement. Busy on Thursday and weekends. Normal minimum wage paying job. Lots of walking and back and forth. Nothing special. Nice coworkers.

Insights into No Frills

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Not worth the time

Being a pharmacy assistant requires more of a technical know-how than the pay reflects, even with over 7 years experience, you make the same as a cashier. Schedules are not consistent and most times it is sent out on the Friday before the next week. My coworkers were very pleasant which was the best part of the job.

Easy work, uneasy environment.

Starting hourly rate/method to get raises turned out to be different than what was told in interview. Head grocery manager was easy to deal with and flexible with hours, everyone else was unorganized and took pride in talking about others. No room for advancement. Hard work goes unnoticed on night shift.

Pros

Flexibility in shifts/hours

Cons

Low pay/no raises, Unorganized management, Gossip

Fast paced, good starter job

Very fast paced and highly stressful at times. Have to be prepared to deal with the "discount" shoppers, who can make life miserable. Company is unionized, which is unfortunate, as the union doesn't care about the workers.

Fun

Nofrills was a cool job to have gained a lot of friends, cool managers as well, they were very flexible with the schedules Cayse I was in school. And free food sosmtimes

Pros

Cool people

Cons

Work every weekend

Fun place to work

Wouldn't recommend to anyone who's trying to build a actual career. Most of the workers consist of high school kids. None the less easy work, accommodate to schedule.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

No future

Abusive owners, Loblaws does not care

Met some great co workers and customers. Large work load with little pay. Owners have little to no people skills and Loblaws franchise program is a joke. Very toxic environment and zero support from head office. If you speak up they will terminate you.

Alright place to work

It was a decent place to start out at. Lacks advancement opportunities, but a good first job. Managers did what they can within their means to make it a decent place to work.

Pros

Shifts

Cons

Lack of advancement

Fun

It was great to work with a colleague with a great sense of humor. I know your new coworkers will think the same of you. Best of luck.

Friendly place to work

Good organization, friendly coworkers, good management, low pay, no possibility for advancement or raise.Training is minimal but helpful coworkers.

Interesting workplace

Fun place to work at with people around my age, definitely good as a starting job. I would honestly recommend it to any student looking to make a little extra money throughout the year.

Easy going

No frills was a easy going workplace, I usually work alone in dairy section but my coworker were nice and would ask if I needed a help, everyone's in this work were pretty nice

Stressful

The management expects certain employees to take more responsibilities than others to pick up the slack. However you don’t get additional pay or hours

Pretty easy and relaxed

Working here was pretty easy as your just scanning items and processing transactions. Hours are okay bit then best but not much I can do about it as I finish the work pretty fast and have no need to stay longer

Great co-workers

I loved the atmosphere and loved interacting with customers. Overall I enjoyed working at No Frills. If I could work there again I would. It is a very clean and organized store. I would recommend anyone looking for a job, they need to apply. You are also paid weekly.

Not fairly compensated for work

i would not reccomend working at nofrills it was not paid enough for what the work was it was not worth it all to be honest with you. people were ok I guesss.

Easy place to work at

Great first job. My superiors always are understanding and the shifts are never too long. A little bit stressful to deal with customers though. Would recommend to any teen to apply here.

Management is excellent and the work is easygoing—a great first job for students and young people just starting work. I would recommend it to anyone looking to work in a safe, calm, tidy environment.

Pros

Work/life balance

Productive Workplace & Fast-Paced

I find No Frills a great place to work if you are just entering the work force (high school or equivalent) or need a part-time flexible job. It is fast-paced but also slow at times, depending on the time of day. Minimum wage is mostly what you'll earn for income, but the longer you stay the more hours you will get. Overall, a good place to work for part-time!

Pros

15 minute breaks are paid for, 10% benefit discount, unionized company

Cons

On feet all day, shorter hours if newbie, minimum wage (can't compete with cost of living)

No Frills

I am just a cashier but I have been there almost five years and got a good look into every department. Being a cashier is the worst of no frills due to customers and the area but the co workers are amazing and management is pretty accommodating to human understanding.

Pros

10% discount on Saturdays for employees

Cons

The customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at No Frills. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement