No Frills

No Frills Employee Reviews

Canada1,649 reviews
Found 1,649 reviews matching the search
i am 14 and i started working there last year, it is a easy enough job that i am not exhausted the i get home i highly recommend it if you are young and are looking for a job.
Pros
good for first job
Cons
repetitive
Simons NO FRILLS was my home away from home, get to the store and everyone always said goodmorning if there was an issue among employees it was handled with dignity and respect. typical uniform, store promoting t-shirt and black pants.
Pros
great boss late forgiveness
Cons
no benefits to non managment
NO FRILLS has a good environment for mental and physical health. Staff is very coopertaive and help each other in every situtation. It has a multicultural and stressfree environment. Behaviour of the supervisor is extremly nice.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
Sometimes druggies create aggressive environment in the store.
Pretty much exactly what you’d expect. For the most part, I picked things up and put them back down. Sometimes help customers. If you’re jumpy, like most ASD people or anxious types, customers can startle you or make you quite uncomfortable sometimes, especially at first. It does get easier though, and eventual you go into mind numbing manual labour autopilot. Manager positions are slightly more interesting

Shifts were predictable once you recognized patterns (early evening rush, weekends, memorizing and predicting flyer changes, seasonal changes, holidays), but tend to vary significantly in pace and stress of work. Closing on a Tuesday may be dull, but Saturday afternoon is obviously busy. Flexibility would be important.

Stacking or working overhead stock can leave you quite sore especially in produce, lifting I g 20-60lbs is common (up to dozens, 100+ times per day

Hand jack use, especially when moving skids

Minor computer use, basic label making program use

Schedule is one week at a time, which can be difficult to schedule personal like around
Pros
Easy, basically get paid to work out, my back and arms look great, straight forward work, a lot of nice people, easy to pick up groceries after work tbh
Cons
Culture varies store to store, high energy needs, short notice when receiving schedule, low pay for highly active work, occasional rude customer
Good place to work great co workers job is not hard to do and the pay is pretty good i can keep busy all day at work there is always something to do
They are an amazing team, works amazing together. They know how to manage hours & pay well. All around good for the time they allowed to share with me.
Pros
Paid weekly, good communication
Cons
Not so many hours
There's a lot of good people you meet working there but you obviously have some bad days. Customers are not the nicest people all the time and you have to be able to handle the pressure when the store is very busy,
As a manager only getting paid $15 an hour not worth it! Really was a waste of time for me! Wouldn’t ever recommend any apply or ever work there! Some people accuse you of things you don’t do
Absolute horrible experience working for them, managers and owner would make promises they've failed to keep, co-workers who would call in to the boss "Sick" and i stayed for 2.5 years, i'll never work there again.
Pros
Cons
Dealing with angry customers on a regular basis
Nice place to gain experience. The people you work with will make or break your experience. Its great for young people to get their first work experience,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at No Frills?
Over all I loved working there. it was fast paised, the time often whent by quickly. The people I worked with were often very friendly. customer service can be challanging with the odd cranky customer but your co workers are pretty good at having your back. and the Management is decently friendly. I would return there.
Pros
fast paised
Cons
Dont remember one
hardest part of the job was having part timers listen to me as their manager, along with getting the store owner to listen to my requests about things that needed to be done in the store
everyone there is friendly and approachable. it is a fun place to work at, all the people working there interact and mingle with each other. a warm place to work and I met my best friends for life working here 10/10 recommendation.
I really liked it there. Management was good, I got lots of hours and it was paced well so I never got bored. It was a really good summer job for me to have.
Its a decent place to work not always very fun and the staff will play a major part in your time there to cover shifts and whatnot so be friendly but if you wish to be promoted or better pay look somewhere else.
The day to day workflow is pretty repetitive, but new challenges do present themselves. Meeting new people and having a laugh with customers and employees alike are part of the community-building experience that makes this line of work special. Speed is equally key, as individuals are required to keep pace with the ever evolving supply and demand chain of the end user.
For your first job it’s good for the experience but no more than a couple months management is terrible, staff usually is poor. It’s hard to get a lot of house
It’s good to work at no frills. It’s easy to work at store. Manager care about you. And company give you all benefit.
Customer are good say you thank you.
It was by first job. Was good to get some work experience at that young of a age. I had fun working there with my friends so i can not say that i didnt enjoy it.
Pros
First Job
Cons
Min wage
Always something new to learn and ways to move up, even options to become your own franchise owner.

Great family atmosphere and they are willing to work around any scedual
i love to work with public, get along with co workers, reliable, loyalty, i am working only part time looking for full time, fun place to work , people motivate you