Nine West Employee Reviews

na
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC20 March 2019
The management takes in account your work ethic and what you would like to advance to and makes a plan to build you into that role. There is job shadowing available if you would like to consider a role in the company you may not be sure.

Benefits were great, you had an option from Basic, Silver, Gold. Vacation was two weeks per calendar year. There was an option to register for RRSP. Employee discount on regular prices clothing is 50% off.

Management was very involved and supportive. They give you maximum training and also communicating within emails for any questions.

The company has very high expectations for reaching your sales goals and making recommendation but it has absolutely no commission at all which is a terrible part.

Overall, it is a very good company to work for and amazing people.
Productive job
Sales Associative (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON5 March 2019
It was great experience to learn about canadian population. I have interacted with customers and tried to provide best customer service to them. My typical day there was when me and my managers daughter were only their in the store and it was near the days of closing the store forever, I was helping the customer on the floor and cashing them also. It was job that has provided me foundation here.
enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON26 October 2018
It was a high volume sales job with a great team and great management within the store. we came in would make sure the store was always cleaned and customers were taken care of , customers were always a first priority. management was wonderful and very accomadating to every employee fairly.
Open and honest, entrepreneurial, and inspiring teams
Director, Merchandise Planning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
We accomplished a great deal of good work with a small team of talented individuals in a short period of time. No matter the task or challenge put before this team, we would all pull together and use our combined talents and skills to overcome.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
None: I would still be there if we had not closed.
fun place to work
SALES - STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 August 2018
Great people to work with... fun environment... targets met with ease. It is too bad the business went under,if they had not, I would highly recommend working for this company
Great Management
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 July 2018
Nine West is closed now, but I was brought on board and even though I made many mistakes, but boss and assistant manager worked patiently to get me where I wanted to be, and made me feel at home. I will always be grateful for Nine West.
Fun place until the company went bankrupt.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON22 June 2018
I liked working here until the company went under. After it was turned over to liquidators customers did not appreciate the effort us employees put in. However, the company is closing so a review does not really matter.
Très mal géré
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC16 May 2018
Je n'ai pas apprécié la manière dont le magasin était géré.
lovely work place environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON2 May 2018
The staff at Nine West was very friendly and nice and I really enjoyed working there.
the hardest part was the black Friday and when the store gets really busy. it was hard, double the work, but with the teamwork and my teams support we enjoyed every minute.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short hours
très bon endroit pour travailler je bien aimé avoir travaillé la.
ASSISTANT-GÉRANT / DIRECTEUR ADJOINT (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC5 March 2018
Points positifs ,

Avoir formé un bel équipe de travail compétent ,ou service des clients .Plainification du travail,mise en marche etc.

Un emploi diversifié,no rutinier,toujours en mouvement constant,avec une multitude des responsabilités.

,De l'ouverture au fermeture ,

Horaires,objectifs de vtes quotidiennes a partager avec l'équipe et travailler pour l'atteindre.

Gestion des comandes et d'inventaires,
Fidélisation du client.
Cons
Fermeture de la boutique juillet 2017
Nice place to work at
QC H7T 1C7 (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC26 February 2018
A good company that offers flexible hours and is really open to different cultures when it comes to choosing their workers. Good management and good working environment
Pros
great breaks
Cons
not much
If i could give no stars, I would
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 January 2018
Nine West Shoe Studio in Mic Mac Mall is a dying company. Working there you feel pressured and stressed out at all times, even when you met your sales goal. Management needs improvement, FAST. They fired their old manager on the spot, with no warning and had a new one in AND TRAINED the same day. I have never been more ashamed to work for a company in my life. I had to quit because I felt insecure about my job. Maybe I was next, who knew? I would never work there again.
Pros
Store was never busy
Cons
Management, Pressure, Stress
Very fast pace work environment, not much else because i was the youngest one working there at the time.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
Working at Nine West Wearhouse was an interesting experience because of the people I got to meet with my time working there. The management of the wearhouse was very straightforward and stricted at times. what I've learned within my time working there was learning to wake up everyday of the week with only weekends off. It was a little out of my comfort zone at first but i got used to it with time. There was nothing very difficult about working there because it very easy for me to connect with people no matter their age or background. Most enjoyable thing was trying different foods from different cultures.
Pros
Being able to work with such I wide variety of people from different parts of the world
Cons
Waking up early every day of the week, I felt as if i did not have much of a social life working there.
Location is everything
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON6 November 2017
Depending on the location of your store will directly impact your experience. The management is horrible and the opportunity of promotion is slim to none (unless you have connections to the higher ups)
Good work place
Key Holder / Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2017
This particular location is a little slow which results in a lot of free time and not having much to do on a daily basis.
However, it is very customer satisfaction oriented with a very friendly staff!
easy workplace but not good for advancement
o Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON11 August 2017
nine west is a nice place to work while you are in school or trying to save up a few dollars. Communication with head office is not always the best but management do what they can to assess situations.
La responsabiliter et la productiviter
Troisième clé - Conseillère en vente et caissière (Current Employee) –  laval, chomedey7 August 2017
Cet emploi ma aider a être plus responsable et a savoir mieux gérer des situations délicates concernant nos produits envers les clients mécontents. Ce travail ma aussi appris a bien gérer un magasin, par exemple: le budget de la journée qui est a faire pour la semaine, s'occuper des employés et s'occuper du plancher en étant la responsable de la journée. J'aime le fait d'avoir des responsabilité importante, cela me motive a vouloir apprendre de plus en plus.
Pros
Le travail d'equipe et la clientele
Cons
Le salaire
environnement agreable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 August 2017
bcp bcp de travail dans une journée. on arrête jamais!
ambiance fun mais peu de place pour le repos.
The people made the job worth it
Wholesale Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  150 Duncan Mill Road27 June 2017
Nine West as a company ok, but the staff at the DC from management to cleaning staff they are 1st class. Everyone is helpful, respectful of others, funny. The staff made for a great work environment.
If you want to learn a new skill they are willing to teach.
The hardest part of the job was when there is a rush for things to go out and the time is against you.
Pros
The employees
Its fine
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
It was fun working with nine west. Worked more than a year with them and my first ever job. Good memories! Will surely miss the work place and my co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nine West. Our community is ready to answer.