Nilex

Nilex Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
It is kind of messed up when you are currently an employee and are not given work but you see the company has an ad on indeed looking to hire. There obviously seems to be some racism with some supervisors which effects who gets work and who doesn’t. Wish the management had better systems in place to avoid this.
Pros
Easy work, good pay.
Cons
Last minute scheduling, don’t know where your working or for how long until usually the day before your required to leave
They promised alot of work in the beginning and throught my 6 month employment there was 2 to 3 week periods when I say at home due to shortage of work and disorganized management . The one benefit was the money and hours were good while working. Alot of inexperienced guys tho.
Nilex has terrible management in the installation division. For years and years they have consistently been awful to clients when it comes to payment (charging little things)and they penny pinch so much that it hurts the team as a whole. I have no idea how an operation manager and the general manager can't grow a company when the industry knows of their track record and can not stand to work with them. This causes workers to not know when the next job is, awful strategies in business development (non now that they were all let go) and things continue to break down with little communication to the labor force. Many times office staff would get a chance to express their concerns and grade Nilex's performance in a survey but nothing would ever come to the field staff. Reviews never happened and it feels like the company doesn't know what the left hand or right hand is doing.

Calgary and Edmonton offices are divided more and more each year. Installation can't seem to work with sales and help do simple installation as other projects take priority. Stress as an employee trying to provide for a family while trying to work well with others is very hard. Favoritism exists and I have no idea how someone can be promoted within Nilex as there is no real structure or a review process for employees. This causes some people to be foreman/supervisor when not ready or prepared for a measly small premium.

It is highly encouraged you look elsewhere first. If you are really in need of a job they will most likely hire anyone with 2 legs, 2 arms, and a glimmer of a brain but just
 - more...
Nilex is a great place to work! A very positive working environment, good work/life balance and amazing people at all levels. I really enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, People
At Nilex I worked as warehouse manager. In the slow season, I worked as inside sales rep.
Management and accounting team was great.

Shipping and support team efficient.
over all very good company.management and employee very nice and very organized.
company with good quantity of project and busy environment, I would love to work again with them
Never work there.....it seems that they only cater to a select type of person. I thought Edmonton was a progressive place but I was wrong. I would suggest moving to another place.
The best part about the job is the people you work with. The task itself may be difficult to do, but your co-workers are there to help. The hardest part about this job is the extensive time away from home.
The overall atmosphere here was great, great people, great customers so it made it easy to work here. The product was hard at times to ship but once you get used to the process it gets easier as time progresses.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Had to work outside in the cold
love the people and the management in Calgary
always willing to train and advancement through out the company

fun fast paced and never boring
Nilex is a wonderful company to work for. As a Nilexian of over 8 years I appreciate the fact that Nilex encourages employees to build on their stregnths, challenge boundaries and to have fun. Nilex supports their staff with personal and professional development, not only to become great employees but to be the best they can be.
Pros
Great Culture
I am a current employee at Nilex and have nothing but good things to say about them. Great company culture that truly values all employees and treats everyone like family.

Management is great and listens to your thoughts/feedback. They set the culture at the top that disseminates through every team.

The job is challenging on a day to day basis with lots of variety and learning opportunities. Every employee is encouraged to learn all the time, whether on the job or via formal training (seminars, certificates, degrees etc.)

Work/life balance is fantastic compared to other employers I have had. You truly have the flexibility to attend to life events as they pop up without feeling guilty about it or unable to because of unbearable work loads. Nilex understands that life happens.

I would recommend Nilex to anybody I know looking for a new challenge in their career.
Pros
Good benefits, excellent work/life balance, challenging work, great team culture/environment
Cons
As a contract employee I have enjoyed working with the Nilex group to develop a Safety Management System.

Unfortunately, this organization is not prepared/interested in the consistent application and implementation of this system at this time. My contract is due to expire in August.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
leadership team with little understanding of HSE requirements
A typical day would be getting to work, pick up the days order schedule,Do daily maintenance, determine level of materials on hand, load materials on to carousel, Begin costumers orders.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of heavy lifting