Nilex Employee Reviews

Geotechnical building products.
Warehouse Manager - (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 June 2018
At Nilex I worked as warehouse manager. In the slow season, I worked as inside sales rep.
Management and accounting team was great.
Shipping and support team efficient.
over all very good company
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  edmonton11 March 2018
over all very good company.management and employee very nice and very organized.
company with good quantity of project and busy environment, I would love to work again with them
Racist environment that caters to favored individuals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2017
Never work there.....it seems that they only cater to a select type of person. I thought Edmonton was a progressive place but I was wrong. I would suggest moving to another place.
Great people, helpful coworkers.
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2016
The overall atmosphere here was great, great people, great customers so it made it easy to work here. The product was hard at times to ship but once you get used to the process it gets easier as time progresses.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Had to work outside in the cold
Great work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2015
love the people and the management in Calgary
always willing to train and advancement through out the company
fun fast paced and never boring
Great Place to Work
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Edmonton21 August 2015
Nilex is a wonderful company to work for. As a Nilexian of over 8 years I appreciate the fact that Nilex encourages employees to build on their stregnths, challenge boundaries and to have fun. Nilex supports their staff with personal and professional development, not only to become great employees but to be the best they can be.
Pros
Great Culture
Excellent company with great culture
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2015
I am a current employee at Nilex and have nothing but good things to say about them. Great company culture that truly values all employees and treats everyone like family.

Management is great and listens to your thoughts/feedback. They set the culture at the top that disseminates through every team.

The job is challenging on a day to day basis with lots of variety and learning opportunities. Every employee is encouraged to learn all the time, whether on the job or via formal training (seminars, certificates, degrees etc.)

Work/life balance is fantastic compared to other employers I have had. You truly have the flexibility to attend to life events as they pop up without feeling guilty about it or unable to because of unbearable work loads. Nilex understands that life happens.

I would recommend Nilex to anybody I know looking for a new challenge in their career.
Pros
Good benefits, excellent work/life balance, challenging work, great team culture/environment
Exceptional working conditions
Senior HSE Advisor - Contract (Current Employee) –  Edmonton15 April 2015
As a contract employee I have enjoyed working with the Nilex group to develop a Safety Management System.

Unfortunately, this organization is not prepared/interested in the consistent application and implementation of this system at this time. My contract is due to expire in August.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
leadership team with little understanding of HSE requirements
A labour intensive job
Lead hand of Liner fabrication (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta29 March 2015
A typical day would be getting to work, pick up the days order schedule,Do daily maintenance, determine level of materials on hand, load materials on to carousel, Begin costumers orders.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of heavy lifting