Nike Employee Reviews

Fun and productive work environment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2018
Very warm work environment, face paced work place that has a diverse group of employees that are able to adapt to meet the needs of the consumers and fit the values of the company.
Amazing people to work with
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Oregon17 July 2018
there is amazing people and working environment, I just have to thank all my bosses for teaching me the value of each individual and what it can achieve as a group
Pros
People, event, enviroment
Cons
out of hours scheduled
decent
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2018
The managers were okay and too caught up with drama but discounts were good and it was a fun environment to work in. The people were either hit or miss.
good
bad
good salary
ORDERPICKER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
8 hour workday. management is also nice. workplace culture is great. most enjoyable part of the job is the light work and hardest part is dealing with the empty boxes.
Fun workplace, amazing as a first job
Athletic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2018
This was my favorite job that I've had, the team is mostly very fun young adults! The environment is just like a sports team, they cheer all the time, before every shift you'll cheer and get updated on the sales of the day. The worst part is a few unpaid meetings at 6am
Very athlete focused environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2018
Was a decent place to work however management kept changing things for the worse and it became a very toxic environment my last few months there. finally I decided it was just a stopping point and left
Pros
free gear every seasonal change
Cons
long hours and minimum wage pay
fun atmosphere
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2018
Its a great place to work in terms of making friends and family oriented but there is a lot of issues with management. I don't feel like I get paid enough for the amount of work I do but that's abut it.
Pros
really fun and family oriented
Cons
poor management.
Environnement de travail productif
Caissière et service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC12 June 2018
Il y a toujours du nouveau à apprendre chez Nike. C'est souvent très achalandé durant le samedi et le dimanche et l'été. Il faut être patient avec les clients puisqu'Ils sont demandant.
Pros
Travail d'équipe
Cons
Nous devons travailler en double lorsque des employés ne prennent pas le travail au sérieux.
Part time seasonal employee
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
Great place to work! Opportunities for advancement but I wasn't there long enough to experience that. Management I thought was unreasonable at times, and looking back I would've like to receive more training- otherwise a great company!
Best place ive ever worked; Excellent HR
Athlete (sales) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON7 June 2018
Best place ive ever worked at from all my part-time jobs. The management team and sales team is really dynamic and focused on core values of the company. The HR is absolutely unreal - post concussion was very easy due to their help.
Pros
great staff, discounts, hours
Productive and amazing workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC4 June 2018
I learned that it doesn't matter how many items you sell, it matter's if you connect to the customer personally and made them feel welcome and enjoy shopping.
Very demanding job
Brimley Rd Toronto - Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 May 2018
Same work daily. Very routine though very demanding physically. Did not receive my last pay cheque as they claimed i did not work. Some time they let you off work early so you would not receive full time pay.
Pros
Great people
Cons
hard work physicallt
Had it's ups and downs
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
The staff were all amazing, but being such a large group (no less than 100 people on payroll in the store at once) it could feel like you had to fight for hours. Great place for students though if you're only looking for 10-15 hrs/week

Little room to move up, plenty of opportunities to try but they usually hire from the outside rather than promote within.

Managers can be quite bitter sometimes and don't always hide their thoughts from the part-timers which can be kind of awkward.

It can be super fun to work though because the staff are so close and friendly
Pros
free uniform quarterly, good discount
Cons
no room to move up, too many employees
productive and good place to work
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
it was great working at Nike because i have always been a loyal customer of Nike and always wanted to work at one of the stores, but it was also great working at Nike because the management and the staff made it a memorable experience and while i was there i learned a lot of things, like better time management and how to build good relationships with customers. It was a really memorable experience and one i will never forget.
awesome workplace
GENERAL LABOURER - LINE RECORDER (Former Employee) –  nike philippines14 May 2018
Management are fair enough to handle their workers, they able to provide the right benefits for all of their employees. They able to exact and clear task for manufacturing jobs.
Great work environment with great staff
Customer Service - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 May 2018
Working at Nike is a great experience. You get to interact with so many new people and get to make great friendships with the customers. The staff is great and the management is well organized.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Few shifts
Nike is good for starters to work.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ON8 May 2018
Nike I worked for brief period and it was a mix experience. It was good and it was bad but overall it gives me opportunity to gain experience that helped me a lot in future.
Pros
Shift work.
Cons
Brief time to work.
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 May 2018
It is a good place to work, relaxed environment. Managers are respectful and take their jobs seriously. However, they appreciate their employees. The hardest part of the job for was knowing the different technologies and ensuring that the right product is given to customers.
Pros
Relax Environment
Cons
Long Standing
Productive and a fun Workplace
Nike Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON3 May 2018
I had fun working there. when I worked there it felt like I was a part of a team, not just a workplace. the hardest part of the job was the extra hours' employees had to to to get the work done before closing because if you left early you would look morally wrong and it is kind of frowned upon. But whatever we did, we did a team. we were reffered to as athletes, not a sales associate. we were given the opportunity to work in different departments of the store, like sometimes cashier, locker room or restocking.
Pros
New uniforms
Cons
lot of restocking
Fun job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 April 2018
Had there not been mixed messages of what th primary focus of my job was, i may have stayed working there longer. Quotas were high and unrealistic based on their picking methods. Had I had the chance to stay, i would have. I enjoyed my co-workers and the nature of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nike. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2