Nightingale Electrical Employee Reviews

Not much to say...
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 July 2017
Constantly having upper management breathing down your neck makes it a little difficult to get the job done efficiently and in a timely manner. They also force overtime.
Pros
Free lunch every once and awhile. Great Christmas party.
Good Company
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 July 2017
It was a good company. But while I was there it was good I learned a lot and grew a lot in the field of Electrical. Moved on with a 2 week notice due to personal reasons
Good Place to work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 April 2017
Started on finishing crew for my practicum. Wired in plugs and switches. Baseboard heaters and lighting, At the end of the day it was great dry work that I enjoyed.
good enviroment
worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 March 2017
It was a good experience wasn't able to explore much into different types of electrical jobs. Although company staff was very good, environment was very positive.
Feels like family
Service Department (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 December 2016
Great company with a big future. They truly care about they staff. Just need to get more organized, and improve the internal communication. The company has a division that makes looks like two different organizations.
Pros
They care about their people
Cons
Need to improve the internal communication
stay away
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2016
the worst. really.
jman rate is $29 still to this day from atleast 2008. forget about learning anything if you are an apprentice. management is greedy and doesn't care about guys/girls in the field actually making them money.
truly the worst in the industry.
bridge by far is better.
low salery but fun workplace
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  richmond,bc10 August 2015
worked for this company for 4 years ..learn a lot..fun workplace.
They need to be more safety oriented and start paying competitive wages.good with job security.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
salary
good for pre apprentice students
Construction, Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  richmond,BC15 May 2015
long commute to and from high-rise site which not compensated for
learnt slab and the main points of a high rise build. learnt fire alarm and other useful tools.
Productive and educational workplace
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 September 2014
-7am start work with meeting with foreman whom will give you a workload for the day; by 11am quick lunch break, discuss task progress with foreman. 11:30 until 3:30/3pm, complete assignment or if finished, take the initiative to complete another task.

-Most Foreman are very helpful in that if you have any questions, ask them and they will take you through it step by step until you get it right; especially before you start a task.

-upper management focuses on timetables and quality results with an almost Darwinism outlook on performance. If you sit back in the shadows and not take initiative to perform tasks or do a horrible installation job or take the initiative to fixes others mistakes, they may add you to the list of next lay-off’s when projects die down with little money to pay their workforce. Yet if you show you will jump through any hoop to get the task done and be the first in line with a predatory attitude whilst still maintaining team spirit, then that is your ticket to job security within the company.

-work environment is more team-like than you think with an emphasis of helping co-workers when they need it and working as a cohesive unit.

-Hardest part of the job will be the work, which is also the most enjoyable part next to making lifelong friends with your co-workers.
Pros
very helpful staff that will teach you as you go
Cons
Semi Seasonal work with frequent lay-offs every two or so years
Good company to work for.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 September 2014
Good company to work for. Plenty of good workers with this crowd. Management were good and there if you needed anything. Co workers were great. Plenty of overtime when needed. Only downfall was that there was only one break per day.
Pros
Free pizza friday's
Cons
Bad organization
Inspiring, hard working, and goal orientated.
Service Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, Canada4 June 2014
A typical day can consist of just about anything, which makes everyday a very rewarding challenge to pursue. Everyone is extremely encouraging and positive. The amount of knowledge and education this company has put me through is very powerful. Although I do not have an electrical background, I offer many great customer service skills and ideas for this company to excel. I enjoy the people and work load, as I will not give up on any task until it is complete and done right.
All fellow employees helpful
Journeyman Electrician/Distribution (Former Employee) –  Vancouver,BC22 April 2014
The company was very helpful with all aspects of my work.
Every day begins by meeting with the electricians under my command and reviewing the days tasks.
While acomplishing my jobs for the day, I will periodicaly check my subordinates work and guide or assist them as necessary.
I learned to find the jobs relevant to the experience of the electrician(s) assigned to me.
At times, I found it challenging to complete my tasks while supervising my assigned electricians.
Its always enjoyable to complete all assigned jobs given to me and my staff for that day, week, and or month.
Pros
Working alongside professional Electricians
Cons
A hard work enviroment where you are judged based on quality and efficiency of work.
ELECTRICIANS APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 January 2014
In this position I was in charge of a 3000 sq/ft stock room and all the various parts and fittings that lie within. Also i was in charge of deliveries and ordering. The management was harsh and uncaring for my hard work and accomplishment, they simply wanted results. All in all it was a great leraning experience.
Basic rough-in and boxing.
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 April 2013
Rushed work with little training offered. Every job ends in overtime. The quality of work is poor and the pay is low. Most of the employees leave once their apprenticeship is over and morale at the company is low. Management tends to promote foreign workers without Journeyman status to lead positions and they are often too rushed and lack the requisite training to train others.

Every 6-months the company finds ways to reduce what little benefits they offer. Only recently started paying overtime to workers who they were compelling to "volunteer" for it for regular pay. Won't do anything for workers unless forced to.
Pros
they will pay for half your schooling.
Cons
8.5 hour workdays with only a 30 minute break. management treats employees with derision.'
good place to work
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 July 2012
A fun place to work .good management and benefits .they will buy lunch for all employees some times
Pros
free lunch
Cons
out of work