NIAGARA REGION

NIAGARA REGION Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
high demand
Worked with some great people. The job can be very stressful at times but there is a high demand for PSW's. Getting full time is a lengthy process and advancement can take quite some time.
Disappointed with the experience
Employer expects you to be available 24/7 for events but will not pay overtime for weeks worked over the 35 hour cap they place, rather they give you Lieu time to take an hour here and there the next couple of weeks. Management does not foster an environment for growth, as efficient suggestions are not taken seriously. No room to advance within waste management as it is already a small team in the department.
Toxic
Very toxic work culture. Only advance by who you know or who you kiss up to. It doesn't matter how qualified you are for a position - if management likes someone else with less experience that person will be awarded the position.
Productive and excellent learning experience
Working for the Corporate Communications Department creating engaging graphic content for a variety of mediums, brands and campaigns including print and digital.
Working closely with the graphic team and regional clients.
Niagara Region
Honestly nothing good to say about this job, organizational skills from management down is awful, the work is poorly planned, the knowledge level is so low that it seems no one knows what’s going on, moral and motive to do anything there is low, not a place to work if u want to have a positive outlook with a good working environment
Excellent place to work
It was a wonderful experience surrounded by fantastic people, unfortunately it was very difficult to get in, if you are looking for full time regular employment it could take a long time to get in on a regular full time basis.
I found fun working with children
A typical day in the home daycare for me was get up at 5:30AM, prepared nutritious food for the children, start ready for 7:00AM when they start coming, prepared educational activities for them, or I tried to kept children busy depend on child special needs, prepared breakfast for them and help them feed, help the children with potty training, changes diapers, took them outside to play or for walk, we come back for lunch time, assisted children with daily living personal care and clean the area. after that put them to sleep. give daily report to parents. I learned that children are very smart, they can learn fast and easy when you take quality time with them. for me the hardest part was not find balance, between job and family.
Good Pay but the staff is unwelcoming
Worst place ever to work it’s honestly a dumb they change residents up in the air in their slings what ever happen to dipps or their dignity. Sometimes the money isn’t even worth it you start to hate it after two months because the staff are mean and unwelcoming.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NIAGARA REGION?
Poor senior leadership, great workforce and potential
I wish there was a better senior leadership available to this organization on a consistent basis. This has been hurting and continues to hurt this organization. There seem to be three categories of senior leaders for most part, Short sighted, timid or people with agendas. Neither is good at any organization and here all three seem to be in abundance.

There are some really good and talented people who truly want to make things better and are at the organization for the right reasons but their impact is severely limited because of shortsighted leaders.
Learning environment
Great. Only thing i hate here is the Seniority .people with Seniority gets overtime and priority . They should make sure casuals get enough chance to work. scheduling is not the great
Productive and busy place to work.
An extremely busy place to work. A community of diverse cultures and positions within the Community. People are friendly and helpful at all levels. The most enjoyable part was interacting and learning specifics about how the department professionals (public health nurses), their caring nature, and how they serve the community.
Disorganized employer
Little room for growth; disorganized and poor management. Managers often choose favourites. Poor morale from employees. Many young and motivated employees end up leaving.
Life sucking
Not worth the money they suck the life out of t
You. You are nothing more then a body. You could go above and beyond and no one care.

They don't care about how hard you work. No positive feedback.
Pros
Cons
Always working short. You are just a number no one really cares if you are .
Residents always enjoy gathering for their Christmas party when Santa makes an appearance.
An example would be, set tables, pour drinks , portion deserts, take out garbage, wash kitchen and survery floors, serve dinner, wash pots and dishes, clean the dish area, turn equipment off and make sure HS snack cart is out. Turn lights off and lock doors before leaving main kitchen. I have learned that if you work steady and communicate with your partner you can achieve your goal. Management does the best they can. When we work together as a team the whole process runs a lot smoother. Sometimes there are fire drills or assistance that is needed which take time away from your time sensitive tasks but I always get back on track.The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can get a smile from the family member or the resident and to know that they are happy with the treatment they are receiving.
Great Place to Work
Very Challenging position. Great Management. Excellent work environment. Learned how to work independently. Learned to work with the general public and operators.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Difficult Law Enforcement
Great Staff and work enviroment
I love working for the Regional Homes. There is plenty of work with a great starting wage.

Residents are treated well and are well taken care of. Staff is friendly and work well together. Clean well maintained work enviroment.
Pros
Great wages, Great work enviroment
Cons
Scheduling program is hard to navigate
Friendly and Supportive people
Managers and co-workers were friendly and supportive for me. I liked the Motto of "One Team". Working environment was really nice and I still miss it even though I had to leave.
Pros
Opportunity to grow within organization, good salary scale, Trainings.
Upper-Tier Municipality with One-Team Philosophy
Excellent salary/benefits packages.
Typically-35 hours/week, unless non-union (may need to work overtime, attend Council meetings)

Many types of jobs (Community Services, Public Works, Public Health, Corporate Services)

Ability to move internally
Excellent workplace
Working for the Region has been wonderful. I have made so many meaningful connections and everyone is always willing to help.

Our OneTeam culture ensures we are all working together for a better community!
Great company to work for. The culture is great. The willingness to offer work/life balance is fantastic. Great place to work for. Happy for my experience and time with this employer.
Pros
Flexible start/end times
Cons
Can get lost amongst the large scale size of the bureaucracy
productive and enjoyed my past and current days
A typical day would included daily supervision of 5 children in different age groups. Creating a safe healthy environment with the guidance following our polices and procedures through the educational act. Excellent senior team service for support in any areas of need. Whether you have a crisis moment continuous support is always available. Inter personal skills is used on a daily basis with children's parents as well as the children in care.
empathy, diversity, nurture, understanding with patience is a daily focus of need.
Pros
contracted
Cons
clients under one year of age