Niagara Parks

Niagara Parks Employee Reviews

Canada80 reviews
really great staff to work with
great employer

Organized really good hours for a student summer job

learned a lot about tourism in Niagara Falls.

Met great people with the experience.
everything was was okay although some management seemed to not like me as much as I would've hoped. When I was laid off I never got a letter or anything that I was supposed to get.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, hours duecto tourisn
great place to work , great staff and supervisors, hours were good for summer employment, we all worked as a team, pay was fair and management was good
The management at Niagara Parks is extremely cooperative with your work schedule which makes it easier to approach them. I've learnt how to deal with a number of different types of people and its helped me discover new cultures.
A typical day working at the parks is extremely enjoyable as there is a lot of flexibility and choices as to what you want to work on. I like the management because it has high amounts of faith in me and there is less stress on me and my everyday tasks because I know that they trust me to get them all done without reminders.
I would work this company in a heartbeat! Incredible location and always something to keep you looking forward to the day. High standards for perofmance as it is an international attraction, but the incredible atmosphere helps you stay passionate about working there.
The Parks was a great place to work for the summer. You receive many hours and the work is easy and fun! All of the staff is really nice and easy to get along with!
Miss working for them, only reason I left was my position was removed due to construction of fences.

Would recommend as an employer to anyone. Great work/ life balance.

Respectful work place.
The Niagara Parks is a productive corporation that provides great enjoyment and entertainment to the public. Only problems I ran into is people who had been there a long time who felt that they were entitled to do whatever they wanted. Overall great experience
Pros
Free visits to Niagara Parks attractions, Free golf, working outside
Cons
Long and late hours. Not a lot of room to move up.
It was my first real job , and it was an experience , I really had to learn a lot of new skills , but it was all worth it . I had a great 4 years. I did all kinds of work , such as grass cutting , garbage cleanup , and working in the gardens.
The lunchroom was a metal shack in the woods. Every time you ate lunch you could smell the gasoline form cars. Low pay and I received no benefits. Eight-hour shifts, five days a week, kill me.
Working for the Parks was a great opportunity and stepping stone into working in the horticulture industry. The level of experience gained from working there exceptional.
Good management most of the time
Very flexable school hours and when needing personal time as well. Good discounts for all staff as well

Hours of operation are decent as well
Very fast paced but enjoyable job. Worked here for 3 years and was always treated like a part of the team. Management had no problem giving me the days off that i requested and loved talking to customers from around the world.
I had a lot of fun working at the pizza pizza for Niagara parks it was good hours and there was a lot of fun people to work with, after the season was finished they laid me off and didn't hear back from them
I have been working for the Niagara parks for years. I have enjoyed coming back every on season and co workers are pretty friendly. It is a very fast paced environment and it is usually always busy so your shift goes by fast!
Cons
Seasonal
Great job overall for a summer job. I worked afternoons which was from 3-11:30 so it didn't have the greatest work/life balance but you had two days off. I was a student so I had zero benefits and salary was minimum wage. Job security and advancement was non existent since I was only a student, although as long as management likes your job performance then you would be considered for a seasonal or full time position which would come with being in the union.
A typical day involves ringing up sales, greeting customers and providing information to those in need of assistance. Most interactions with paying customers are between 30-45 mins since our sales require a hard amount of detailed scheduling and important information that must be understood by the customer. Customer service is a huge part of every shift, and each person must be greeted with a smile along with a positive attitude. The atmosphere at the welcome centre is very positive and the supervisors are very helpful and understanding. The hardest part would most likely be containing a consistent amount of patience. Supervisors and managers are very supportive of employees that are unable to handle difficult situation and are wiling to step in and take over when needed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Shift is spent standing most of the time
Amazing management, flexible summer hours, great place for students for a summer job! Get to meet people from all over the world and also become more knowledgeable of your own city.
There were people who had been there for over a decade and students like myself who had only been there for a few summers during high school/university. It was a good job, I would go back for another summer!
Great place to start of a career in the sports world due to the amount of other people you engage with and making the most professional business engagements possible.
Pros
discounted golf as well as 3 free golf rounds