Niagara Health System

Niagara Health System Employee Reviews

Canada57 reviews
Poor support from management
Niagara Health does not support its nurses well. They are more interested in bed flow and $$.
Some units work collaboratively while others dont. The work with the patients is rewarding
Okay place to work
Fast paced, no workplace culture noted. Hardest part of the job was that the environment was not friendly. I felt that my work was constantly policed.
Great collaborative multi disciplinary team
Staff across all disciplines are knowledgable and work together for all our patients. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I have worked at four of the sites within the Niagara Health System and all sites are equally welcoming and work hard towards patient centred care.
Good Place to Volunteer
Volunteers are highly valued by all staff members throughout the hospital!! The volunteer program is well organized and the coordinators are every helpful.
Satisfied
I am satisfied with my position at the niagara health I am just looking to broaden my horizons. There are things I am searching for that they dont offer.
Very fast paced
Team work environment, very fast pace, working with 20 plus people a shift. Need to be very focused on quality control. Always changing product, to meet patient needs
Pros
Goals of making patients have the best experience possible
Cons
Very demanding
Intimidated
I found clinical manager to be absolutely the best part about being there. Training however is very difficult as some staff seem to make it miserable and intimidating.
Internship
Was treated fairly by other ward clerks, but management seemed to not want me there/help me learn. Wasn't informed about Meditech training at first day and spent first semester being looked down on for not having it, even though I wasn't informed I needed it.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Niagara Health System?
Great pay
Long hour shifts, managers come and go all the time. You like change this is your place to work. Your just a body not a person. But the wages are fair. Just saying.
Patient centered care, team environment
Working for NHS has been a very positive experience. We are all about patient centered care. The environment is very positive and everyone works as a team.
Provided opportunities for increased knowledge and advancement.
This company worked well for the 20 years I worked there. I was always learning and advancing in my work place. Recently retired to move to the warmth of Florida.
Dysfunctional Mess
Scheduling is a nightmare, HR treats staff viciously, staff revel in politics and cliques, incompetence and indifference is rampant. Patients beware.
Niagara Health
Overall, I enjoyed working at NHS it felt as if though there was a genuine desire to grow, improve, and connect with the community. I think there is probably more they could do to improve work-life at HH, although I definitely wouldn’t say it was bad...just room for improvement. So much potential with this organization and I do believe they will continue to improve over time.
Loved being an RN
Environment and atmosphere were tense most days managers were within the departments.
Communication within teams was undesirable and safety of staff was not a priority!
good career choice
Good place to work, friendly staff. Understaffed mostly due to cut backs. Caring management and support staff. Good work place culture. Doctors and nurses are very kind and caring.
innovative
Developing new sectors of Mental health and recreation therapy! Beautiful treatment spaces and accommodating grounds. Many opportunities for staff to connect and support each other professionally.
Nursing
You will learn a lot of skills at this facility.
There are various floors to work on,

Can be overwhelming work load, with pt to staff ratio.

Wage is good.
Patient focused.I work very well when it comes to any job.
I enjoyed working with people. Also enjoyed helping people. I consider myself a people person. Enjoy working as a team or on my own. I also consider myself a honest hard worker.
Pros
Treated well and respectful
Cons
Lots of responsibility and decision making
A biased and friendship based system- no place for outsiders who can’t be part of the inner circle
Pharmacy leadership is the most biased I have ever seen.
Circle of friends appointed to preferred positions and all they do is go out for lunches for hours and gossip.

More social than professional environment

Laid back practice

Don’t let talented people progress because they are all insecure in their positions along with the ‘special pharmacists’ who indirectly manage the place.

Surprised that the inefficiencies have never come to light because probably she is very good at covering it on papers.

Some people are good to work with.
Workplace bullying
Workplace bullying is not dealt with. I have seen the same people being reported over and over for workplace bullying to the higher leadership and yet nothing is done to them. Staff are overworked. DO NOT WORK FOR THE NIAGARA HEALTH.
mismanaged toxic workplace, understaffed and overworked
Here for a few years and staff is overworked, understaffed putting nursing license at risk. Staff about 1/2 is great to work with but most are in same situation and helps as team will help with your workload. Most doctors are great to be with and work with. If you have management issues, discrepancy, bullied or are hurt your useless to them and they document everything in their favor even writing lies. High priced lawyers will do their best to make you give up if you have an issue then you are a target after that. Have a few staff who situation was so stressful they are no longer with us. This comment is accurate on; 25 July 2015 and 21 August 2018 comment reviews accurate. Don't trust most comments as ; "By far the best place I have ever worked - the teamwork is amazing' and " Very young staff currently, always looking for experienced people'??? This sounds like an AD not a review, really a 5? Writer must work an 8000-1600 Monday to Friday shift as most are not even a 4 at best. Upper management is ruthless and heartless and do not care about staff as easily replaced. There is high turnover for a reason Dr's included as we give all and when we need help we are thrown under the bus, just EVIL. This is an accurate representation of the true work environment for at least 2/3 of the staff. I fully expect 5 more comment left after mine averaging 4+ to compensate for the truth of my comments.
Pros
Good pension plan, helpful staff, nurses and doctors mostly.
Cons
management is terrible and non accountable for their actions putting blame on staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Niagara Health System. Our community is ready to answer.