Niagara Health System logo
Niagara Health System

Niagara Health System Employee Reviews

Shift worker

The staff are not given the autonomy or flexibility that the profession demands. Management are kind and overall very good to work for. The workload is high.

Poor support from management

Niagara Health does not support its nurses well. They are more interested in bed flow and $$. Some units work collaboratively while others dont. The work with the patients is rewarding

Okay place to work

Fast paced, no workplace culture noted. Hardest part of the job was that the environment was not friendly. I felt that my work was constantly policed.

Great collaborative multi disciplinary team

Staff across all disciplines are knowledgable and work together for all our patients. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I have worked at four of the sites within the Niagara Health System and all sites are equally welcoming and work hard towards patient centred care.

Good Place to Volunteer

Volunteers are highly valued by all staff members throughout the hospital!! The volunteer program is well organized and the coordinators are every helpful.

Satisfied

I am satisfied with my position at the niagara health I am just looking to broaden my horizons. There are things I am searching for that they dont offer.

Very fast paced

Team work environment, very fast pace, working with 20 plus people a shift. Need to be very focused on quality control. Always changing product, to meet patient needs

Pros

Goals of making patients have the best experience possible

Cons

Very demanding

Intimidated

I found clinical manager to be absolutely the best part about being there. Training however is very difficult as some staff seem to make it miserable and intimidating.

Internship

Was treated fairly by other ward clerks, but management seemed to not want me there/help me learn. Wasn't informed about Meditech training at first day and spent first semester being looked down on for not having it, even though I wasn't informed I needed it.

Great pay

Long hour shifts, managers come and go all the time. You like change this is your place to work. Your just a body not a person. But the wages are fair. Just saying.

Jobs at Niagara Health System

See more jobs

Patient centered care, team environment

Working for NHS has been a very positive experience. We are all about patient centered care. The environment is very positive and everyone works as a team.

Provided opportunities for increased knowledge and advancement.

This company worked well for the 20 years I worked there. I was always learning and advancing in my work place. Recently retired to move to the warmth of Florida.

Dysfunctional Mess

Scheduling is a nightmare, HR treats staff viciously, staff revel in politics and cliques, incompetence and indifference is rampant. Patients beware.

Niagara Health

Overall, I enjoyed working at NHS it felt as if though there was a genuine desire to grow, improve, and connect with the community. I think there is probably more they could do to improve work-life at HH, although I definitely wouldn’t say it was bad...just room for improvement. So much potential with this organization and I do believe they will continue to improve over time.

Loved being an RN

Environment and atmosphere were tense most days managers were within the departments. Communication within teams was undesirable and safety of staff was not a priority!

good career choice

Good place to work, friendly staff. Understaffed mostly due to cut backs. Caring management and support staff. Good work place culture. Doctors and nurses are very kind and caring.

innovative

Developing new sectors of Mental health and recreation therapy! Beautiful treatment spaces and accommodating grounds. Many opportunities for staff to connect and support each other professionally.

Nursing

You will learn a lot of skills at this facility. There are various floors to work on, Can be overwhelming work load, with pt to staff ratio. Wage is good.

Patient focused.I work very well when it comes to any job.

I enjoyed working with people. Also enjoyed helping people. I consider myself a people person. Enjoy working as a team or on my own. I also consider myself a honest hard worker.

Pros

Treated well and respectful

Cons

Lots of responsibility and decision making

A biased and friendship based system- no place for outsiders who can’t be part of the inner circle

Pharmacy leadership is the most biased I have ever seen. Circle of friends appointed to preferred positions and all they do is go out for lunches for hours and gossip. More social than professional environment Laid back practice Don’t let talented people progress because they are all insecure in their positions along with the ‘special pharmacists’ who indirectly manage the place. Surprised that the inefficiencies have never come to light because probably she is very good at covering it on papers. Some people are good to work with.

Workplace bullying

Workplace bullying is not dealt with. I have seen the same people being reported over and over for workplace bullying to the higher leadership and yet nothing is done to them. Staff are overworked. DO NOT WORK FOR THE NIAGARA HEALTH.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Niagara Health System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement