Niagara College Canada

Niagara College Canada Employee Reviews

Canada122 reviews
Amazing people and great job, learned something new every day. Mangers were very polite and patient and did there best to teach and guide us workers!!
Over 70% of teaching faculty are part-time and contract to contract, with very few opportunities for full-time work. Beautiful campus and up-to-date materials. Niagara Region is beautiful, but not cheap.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
No job security
This was an awesome experience working with international students. They learned fast and effective. Presentation and other teaching strategies allowed them to be effective English speakers,
Pros
field trips
Cons
A typical day at work can be fun depending on the kind of team we have working together that day or the kind of work being done. I have learnt that is very important and time should be managed well to ensure productivity. the workplace culture is to arrive on time and finish the work required that day. The hardest part of the job was lifting some heavy stuff but managed due to the collective teamwork. The most enjoyable pat of the job was the great interaction between the employees and the supervisor.
· Experienced in using various hand and power tools
· Able to work independently or within a team to complete projects on time

· Being trained WHMIS, Work at Height Permit, and Personal Protective Equipment

• Able to follow Health and Safety procedures on all LAP sites and ensure proper housekeeping

• Learn the skills of using various construction and carpentry tools by preparing for classes.
it is too become a peer tutor. you can apply online with your transcript or you can have the recommendation from your teacher. Easy to set the schedule with students in needs
Niagara College does a fantastic job at employing their students and allowing them to gain experience valuable to the workplace. They accomodate your class schedule and provide for a positive work environment.
Maintained proper lab procedures by ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced
Responsible for cleaning and calibrating many different meters and scales

Worked diligently to prepare equipment reservations and supplies for lab classes

Learned how to conduct routine tasks accurately by following strict methodologies
For part-time work, it is good to have your own schedule. Since I am also a student, I am paid as long as I teach. There are no difficulties with the job. They might do better to release the restrictions like 1-hour lesson a day for a student. Because generally, 1 hour is not good enough to proceed into a lesson profoundly.
Its a school greenhouse, have plants, sell plants, grow plants, teach about plants. Used to have a cat, no more, feed the cat, play with the cat, oh fun
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Niagara College Canada?
I love working at Niagara College. Great bosses, students respect the teachers and it is a fun atmosphere to be around. I would definitely recommend working here.
The experience was for a temporary position in sales and recruiting students back to the university of Nipissing program. it was nice role while it lasted.
Have friends who both studied & worked here. College has a great faculty and amazing growth opportunities for students. Would totally recommend it to someone.
Many different areas working out of touch with each other. Good benefits if you get into union it is the best. Turn over isn't bad once you are in if you can.
I terminated many employees. I lasted 7 weeks. Salary is 44,000 plus bonuses... though they dont give bonuses. I repeat.. do not apply. I was the last IT Support Analyst hired. They do not care about any employee..this place is going down hill.
There is something new to learn everyday and the team players are always willing to help and teach each other.
A typical day usually involves assisting students and staff in Installing software, resolving issues with the WiFi, Printer, Troubleshooting and Blackboard support on different devices.
Niagara College is a good place to work. Freindly staff, very supportive. No competition, colleges work together to provide a successful experience for students.
I did not work here, I was a student. It was a good school, I enjoyed my time there. I would recommend Niagara college to everyone, they have amazing staff.
If you are even lucky to get an interview. Niagara College only pulls from its own pool source. Nepotism is extremely high and unless you've graduated from one of their programs, it doesn't matter how experienced you are, how willing you are to challenge yourself to new heights, you will never get a call from HR. Even if you call HR and ask for advice or help in getting a position there, They'll never call.

you will never get a call from HR. HR at Niagara college has a reputed of NEVRR getting back to their people
I learned about treating people and helping them with whatever they need, the workplace was so nice and comfortable, I really enjoyed socialzing with new people.
The provided schedules from administration were always accommodating and the people were great to work with. The job was enjoyable and all in all quite simple.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Niagara College Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2