Niagara College Canada

Niagara College Canada Employee Reviews

great place to work

high job security, great work life balance, decent benefits, understanding management, flexible work schedule, hard to get full time work at times as ft doesnt have high turnover

Amazing team of professionals to work with.

Working at Niagara College was wonderful! Hours were not overwhelming, administrators were efficient and kind while earning a good wage. Contact positions didn't offer much security for long term and benefits are not given unless a certain number of hours were met. Overall NOTL campus was great and I would definitely return if asked again.

Pros

Great team around you for support

Cons

sometimes not enough hours if part time.

Productive place to work

My possession as a peer tutor is highly recommended if you want to help other students and learn even better your material, the only disadvantage is that you’re paid minimum wage no matter how many terms you’re doing it.

Pros

Create your own hours

Cons

Low payment

Fun and fast place to work!

Amazing people and great job, learned something new every day. Mangers were very polite and patient and did there best to teach and guide us workers!!

Great job, no job security

Over 70% of teaching faculty are part-time and contract to contract, with very few opportunities for full-time work. Beautiful campus and up-to-date materials. Niagara Region is beautiful, but not cheap.

Pros

Beautiful campus

Cons

No job security

Productive and language efficient

This was an awesome experience working with international students. They learned fast and effective. Presentation and other teaching strategies allowed them to be effective English speakers,

Pros

field trips

Cons

Productive and fun workplace with great skills to acquire

A typical day at work can be fun depending on the kind of team we have working together that day or the kind of work being done. I have learnt that is very important and time should be managed well to ensure productivity. the workplace culture is to arrive on time and finish the work required that day. The hardest part of the job was lifting some heavy stuff but managed due to the collective teamwork. The most enjoyable pat of the job was the great interaction between the employees and the supervisor.

good experience of real field work

· Experienced in using various hand and power tools · Able to work independently or within a team to complete projects on time · Being trained WHMIS, Work at Height Permit, and Personal Protective Equipment • Able to follow Health and Safety procedures on all LAP sites and ensure proper housekeeping • Learn the skills of using various construction and carpentry tools by preparing for classes.

Helping students with Math and some AC machine and DC machince

it is too become a peer tutor. you can apply online with your transcript or you can have the recommendation from your teacher. Easy to set the schedule with students in needs

Incredible Experience

Niagara College does a fantastic job at employing their students and allowing them to gain experience valuable to the workplace. They accomodate your class schedule and provide for a positive work environment.

Jobs at Niagara College Canada

See more jobs

Great learning opportunity

Maintained proper lab procedures by ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced Responsible for cleaning and calibrating many different meters and scales Worked diligently to prepare equipment reservations and supplies for lab classes Learned how to conduct routine tasks accurately by following strict methodologies

Nice place to work

For part-time work, it is good to have your own schedule. Since I am also a student, I am paid as long as I teach. There are no difficulties with the job. They might do better to release the restrictions like 1-hour lesson a day for a student. Because generally, 1 hour is not good enough to proceed into a lesson profoundly.

Niagara College

Its a school greenhouse, have plants, sell plants, grow plants, teach about plants. Used to have a cat, no more, feed the cat, play with the cat, oh fun

I love working at Niagara College. Great bosses, students respect the teachers and it is a fun atmosphere to be around. I would definitely recommend working here.

Temporary position

The experience was for a temporary position in sales and recruiting students back to the university of Nipissing program. it was nice role while it lasted.

Superb

Have friends who both studied & worked here. College has a great faculty and amazing growth opportunities for students. Would totally recommend it to someone.

Interesting Place

Many different areas working out of touch with each other. Good benefits if you get into union it is the best. Turn over isn't bad once you are in if you can.

Do not work here

I terminated many employees. I lasted 7 weeks. Salary is 44,000 plus bonuses... though they dont give bonuses. I repeat.. do not apply. I was the last IT Support Analyst hired. They do not care about any employee..this place is going down hill.

Great team and work environment

There is something new to learn everyday and the team players are always willing to help and teach each other. A typical day usually involves assisting students and staff in Installing software, resolving issues with the WiFi, Printer, Troubleshooting and Blackboard support on different devices.

Good Place to Work

Niagara College is a good place to work. Freindly staff, very supportive. No competition, colleges work together to provide a successful experience for students.

I did not work here

I did not work here, I was a student. It was a good school, I enjoyed my time there. I would recommend Niagara college to everyone, they have amazing staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Niagara College Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Niagara College Canada with

• Niagara College Canada
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?