NIAGARA COLLEGE CANADA Employee Reviews

Very Good place to work and go to school
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON15 February 2019
I really enjoyed going to Niagara College and working there. Both the Hort & Greenhouse programs were very good. I learned lots, and they also have a lot of hands on work which is awesome when im looking for a hands on type of job in my field. We had a greenhouse that we were lucky to do research, grow and make projects in. Theres lots of equipment there for our practicals we had outside, if your new with machinery such as a riding lawn mower, line trimmer, or rototiller they will show you everything you need to know. The arboriculture Class was also an amazing course. The teacher brings you out to climb regularly which is amazing. Lots of outside learning to do, and it will prepare you for your job, and what you need to know.
Pros
lots of equipment, and hands on
Cons
course loads are very heavy in horticulture.
Student focused! vibrant, energetic, fun working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON21 November 2018
- extremely helpful and wonderful co-workers
- learnt college database; PeopleSoft, Academic Logistics, Blackboard, FMS
- privilaged to have been surrounded by professional dedicated management, faculty and staff who always took the time to stop by and say 'hello'
Pros
- surrounded and supported by professional staff and faculty
Cons
- hardest part of job, continuous rotation of deadlines
Good learning experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON11 May 2018
Great place to attend school. Learned many things. Course load was a lot but as long as you have time management you will succeed. Great restorative clinic as well.
Nice place to work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON1 February 2018
A lot of interesting technologies. IT department struggled to keep up with workload out weighing staff. Working with students can be a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Contracts
Contract work
employee (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON26 October 2017
There are many people that are strung along contract to contract. Management wise it makes sense, try the person out first. However, at any time they can just let you go or simply not renew.
Pros
decent work life balance
Cons
lots of contract/part time work
Niagara College Canada - A Decent Place to Work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON4 October 2017
I have been pleased with the way Niagara College Canada has been great to me. The management and the environment are enriching, and students and staff are both very open to interesting and great experiences.
The Job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON7 May 2017
The culture in this world gave off a beautiful vibe of calmness, there's people that got along no judgement towards the other, everyone pretty much have gotten along. There's always something for the staff or the student to access in particular if they need it, it was place where you can get access to almost any kind of information. One of the hardest part about the job is the trying to keep the environment tidy because constantly it would be a mess made, but what I like about it though is that it challenged my abilities on how I can keep the environment together, especially when it comes to catalouging the books, I have to keep in order as much as possible by learning how to order them by numerial codes and letters. What I do like about the job is the books, there was always something interesting to read, always something interesting learn outside my mindset.
Pros
Openness about other people's individuality
Cons
Not available
productive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 April 2017
great atmosphere, always learning something new, always doing something to help,hardest part of the job is trying to keep an eye on everyone, the most enjoyable part is the staff
Pros
security knowledge
Cons
certain days of the week
Good work/life balance
Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON23 March 2017
Niagara College works hard to create a good work/life balance for all staff. They offer Professional Development for staff during both reading weeks, and offer lots of team building exercises and events.
Productive and helpful shift when working with the officers
Campus Security (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON26 March 2016
I learnt a lot from the officers, and had a blast working with them. They taught me a lot of different skills, like how to deal in different scenarios, and useful tips for future job as a police officer.
Pros
how to cope in different circumstances
Cons
At most time uneventful shifts
Outstanding educational facility
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Niagara on the Lakes, Ontario18 February 2015
Outstanding in terms of its reputation and educational offerings. As for a place of employment, it is difficult to get a sense of opportunities for advancement.
Fast-paced, real world experience
Event Chair - The World's Largest Dessert Party (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON16 February 2015
The Event Management Post-Graduate program at Niagara College was filled with chaos, surprises, and learning experiences. Very similar to the real world. I was able to experience 'running a business' in a sense and plan and execute a larger scale event from the ground up.
got a lot of experience.
Construction & Renovation Tech (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON26 January 2015
Good for experience with a wide variety of tools. For example. Jackhammers, BobCat, concrete cut-off saw, concrete patches.
great place to learn new things and team work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welland Campus, ON, Canada19 June 2014
Work day in a lab is like learning new things daily. Assist supervisor in different procedure, program manikins, guide students in group activities and practical session, keep lab clean and organized. Lab supervisor and coordinator very cooperative. The most enjoyable part was very first day setting a lab with all manikins and equipments.
Pros
Great team work
Very productive, fast-paced, fun and rewarding experience
Recruitment & Events Associate (Current Employee) –  May, ON23 December 2013
This job is amazing because every day is different. You never know what the day is going to bring you and that's the thing I loved the most. There was some office work and lots of multitasking, but there were many travel opportunities to go all over Ontario attending events and speaking to students about post secondary information and what we had to offer them. You work independently and also as part of a team. You have a great deal of responsibility as a recruiter and must ensure you maintain a professional image of yourself on and off the campus. You are the face of the college and you need to remember that. The hardest part of the job is the long, busy days and the huge amount of driving you have to do for two months in the fall. The most rewarding part of the job is helping to guide students into the best choice for them. To hear a grade 12 student say, "Wow I never knew I had that option available to me, thank you so much!", or, "I can't wait to go to Niagara after you came and did such a great presentation for my class." There are no words for how good it makes you feel to know you really impacted someone on such an important decision and stage in their lives.
Pros
Company car, expense account
Cons
long, busy days of driving
Niagara has a great community that I love being apart of
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON4 March 2013
Niagara College has given me a large amount of experience in many different aspects of recruitment. I have worked many events and have helped plan them. I love working there it is a great community that Niagara College has and I know why it is number one in student satisfaction.
Pros
great work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIAGARA COLLEGE CANADA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5