Niagara Casinos Management reviews

Great co workers and benefits, terrible management
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 May 2019
Job was a little stressful at times but for the most part it was pretty easy. Management will constantly tell you that they are there to help you and to come to them anytime but they're not they tell you how great you are at your job and nobody has complaints then terminate your employment the next week without cause. Management with absolutely no trade experience. They dont make sense they make money. Absolutely no job security unless you kiss but or have been there for a while.
Pros
Cheap food great benefits
Cons
Clueless management
Good place to work for older bartenders
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 April 2019
Management is awful and alot of the staff is very bitter and not very hopsitable. Money was good depending where you worked but half of the bars are not worth working. Unfortunately that is where new staff ends up as they only cater to the full time employees that have been there the longest. Most guests are only there to gamble making it hard to interact and engage guests. If your used to working in bars and restaraunts this job seems like more of a factory in the sense that its very repetative, boring and set shifts.
Pros
Cheap food on shift
Cons
Money, coworkers, management, late hours, constantly being watched by security, negative guests
Great Employer!
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 February 2019
Very great employer, shifts were matching with my schedule perfectly and my work/life balance was incredible. The salary is also great when it comes to your per hour rate!

Definitely recommend to anyone looking to work in the casino.
Pros
Great Staff Lunchroom, Very Polite Co-Workers and Management, Great Salary and Bonuses.
Cons
Long hours standing in one place.
Former Players Advantage Employee
Players Advantage Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fallsview Casino16 January 2019
Perhaps the least qualified Management I have had the displeasure of working for. Employee morale is always low and the hardest part was midnight shifts.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
shift work/poor management/HR is useless and not to be trusted
Safe and reliable workplace
Non-Gaming Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON28 November 2018
Best spot to work for people who are content with staying in one company for the rest of their life and working for the man! Also, not bad what so ever salary or benefits wise. They do a very fair job to make sure all employees have a better than average salary and even their part time associate qualify for very good benefits! The overall most disappointing thing would be the management and the overall dynamic/chemistry between the associates, its very upsetting when a lot of people clash which makes it a lot harder to work as one team!
Pros
VERY cheap and convenient Associate Dining Room! As well as benefits
Cons
Stressful patrons at times & 24/7 operation so a lot of midnight/holiday shifts
Great people,
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 November 2018
HR does alot to encourage corporate culture. Great benefit package. Good wages.
Managers are expected to work long hours in certain departments, be available 24-7

Middle management seems to take most of the brunt or blame.

Uniforms provided, subsidized meals, local discounts.
Pros
Great benefit package.
Cons
long hours in certain departments
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Falls View, ON20 January 2018
I worked there for 20 years got let go for no reason . Management lies makes own rules some illegal but try to convince staff there honest . It's all politics management is all friends they get away with everything u make a complaint they fire u . Not a good employer at all
Pros
None actually
Cons
Bad management no advancement all politics
former kitchen worker 2017
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  fallsview11 November 2017
bad management only good thing was the benefits wage alright i guess but was happy to get out been working there way too long becoming a bad place to work would nit recommend
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management
Wonderful associates
Deli counter server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 September 2016
Working permanent mid nights takes a toll. Work load is unbelievable. Co workers were wonderful. Management not very informative. Customers were always great.
Benefits
Cons
Midnight shift
Odd shifts create anxiety but better benefit
Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 June 2016
I like working in Niagara Casino. Relatively secured job. The division of labour is clear-cut, each one being charged with specific responsibilities. I do not need to worry about if someone will exploit my time, energy and money. I can always find specific associate who can solve my problem or hear my voice.

Good benefit for myself and family members.

Shifts are flexible if you are not a full-timer. It will take time to get full-time from contract or part-time. All depends on your seniority or business needs. As a part-timer for now, the variable shifts is a big challenge for me to balance my work and personal life. Good time management skill is very necessary.

As a multi-culture and 24 hrs running working environment. It's really important to have positive attitude and good communication skills, there's a lot to deal with customers and associates.
Pros
Benefit; secured working hours; relatively fair working environment
Cons
Variable shifts; hard to balance personal life; unpredictable issues due to large customer flow
Best employer in Niagara Falls
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 November 2015
I've worked in two departments in Niagara Casinos, both department's associates been very friendly and welcoming.
The executive team members are very friendly and down to earth. Can easily have a conversation with them without feeling too pressured.
Great Company to Work For.
Non-Gaming Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 August 2013
The pros about this company are plentiful! Here are a few examples:
-The people you work with are mostly very friendly and happy to be there.
-The work you do doesn't easily stress you out, and you always have management or security to call if anything goes awry.
-The benefits for full-time and part-time workers are great.
-Always dealing with different patrons changes your day-to-day surrounding.
-They offer free parking on-site during the week, a fitness centre, discounted meals, and a variety of discounts at lots of companies for just being an associate.

The only cons that I truly have are:
-Fluctuating hours. Going from grave shift to swing shift a lot is hard on your body.
-When you are hired as contract, it is very hard to get part-time employment. Not good for job security.
Pros
fitness centre, on-site parking, discounted meals.
Cons
Fluctuating hours, not good job security.
Great and fun place to work everyday
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls17 July 2013
Go in to work and go to preshift. Go get my caddie and go up to my flor and start my rooms. if I cant get in I go help another girl.

I don't particularly think I have learned really anything only because I have done housekeeping before.

Most management in my department is good, but there are things I don't agree with (as anyone would at any job).

The hardest part of my job would be finishing my rooms if I got a very late start (normally sundays)

The most enjoyable part of my job would definitely be the people I work with. I have made many friendships that are amazing.
Pros
cheap food! good people
Cons
contracted position! no benefits