Niagara Casinos

Niagara Casinos Employee Reviews in Niagara Falls, ON

Good work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 December 2019
Professional workplace but sometimes too strict with rules and policies. Safe place with advanced security. Higher pay than area average. Management is very logical and robust.
Great Place to work
Dual Rate Food & Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 November 2019
If you are prepared to work holidays/weekends then it is a great place to work. The pay is good, benefits are great as well.

I would strongly recommend working here.
very good staff, and management
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 October 2019
very good environment to work in. starting as a midnight associate was hard to adapt but the great staff and fair pay and benefits made it worth while
Great co workers and benefits, terrible management
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 May 2019
Job was a little stressful at times but for the most part it was pretty easy. Management will constantly tell you that they are there to help you and to come to them anytime but they're not they tell you how great you are at your job and nobody has complaints then terminate your employment the next week without cause. Management with absolutely no trade experience. They dont make sense they make money. Absolutely no job security unless you kiss but or have been there for a while.
Pros
Cheap food great benefits
Cons
Clueless management
Good place to work for older bartenders
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 April 2019
Management is awful and alot of the staff is very bitter and not very hopsitable. Money was good depending where you worked but half of the bars are not worth working. Unfortunately that is where new staff ends up as they only cater to the full time employees that have been there the longest. Most guests are only there to gamble making it hard to interact and engage guests. If your used to working in bars and restaraunts this job seems like more of a factory in the sense that its very repetative, boring and set shifts.
Pros
Cheap food on shift
Cons
Money, coworkers, management, late hours, constantly being watched by security, negative guests
Great Employer!
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 February 2019
Very great employer, shifts were matching with my schedule perfectly and my work/life balance was incredible. The salary is also great when it comes to your per hour rate!

Definitely recommend to anyone looking to work in the casino.
Pros
Great Staff Lunchroom, Very Polite Co-Workers and Management, Great Salary and Bonuses.
Cons
Long hours standing in one place.
Productive workplace great benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 November 2018
It was an honour working with Niagara Casinos. This workplace is really welcoming and will take the time to train each individual. The benefits were really good. If you are serious, you could work here for a long time.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
odd hours, midnights
Great people,
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 November 2018
HR does alot to encourage corporate culture. Great benefit package. Good wages.
Managers are expected to work long hours in certain departments, be available 24-7

Middle management seems to take most of the brunt or blame.

Uniforms provided, subsidized meals, local discounts.
Pros
Great benefit package.
Cons
long hours in certain departments
Decent salary and really good benefits
Security (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 July 2018
Decent salary and really good benefits however the way the time off is structured it is not very family friendly. The Casino has what's called peak time where an Associate may only book 60 hours of time off. This usually runs from early in June to the day after Labor Day and also includes the week between Christmas and New Years Day. So do not expect to attend many family functions in the summer.
Pros
Decent salary and really good benefits
Cons
Time pff
Okay, but not for me
Bar Porter (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 February 2018
Bad hours and reluctance to compensate for school made working here a nightmare. I was forced to book off time or use emergency days to get time off for school. all this while being told that they could accommodate my schooling.
Pros
Cheap lunch, good pay
Cons
the people
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 October 2017
Many benefits from working for such a large company.
Employee programs are fantastic, benefits are great.
People are great to work with and they hire a variety of people from different cultures, creeds and backgrounds.
Good pay
Server, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 August 2017
Good paying positions if you don't mind the 24/7/365 schedule, good benefits, pension, employee discounts and social functions, uniforms provided and cleaning service
Call Centre Dual Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 July 2017
A bunch of good people to work with. The majority of people are friendly and courteous. Fast paced environment, with a lot of people seemingly enjoying themselves.
Pros
good pay
Cons
24 hour operation
Always interesting from day to day
Dual rate supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 July 2017
Great team atmosphere to work in. Can be stressful at times but more often than not, an interesting job on a daily basis. Great benefits, good pay and never boring.
Pros
Great benefits good pay.
Cons
Not too flexible working hours
Wonderful associates
Deli counter server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 September 2016
Working permanent mid nights takes a toll. Work load is unbelievable. Co workers were wonderful. Management not very informative. Customers were always great.
Benefits
Cons
Midnight shift
Odd shifts create anxiety but better benefit
Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 June 2016
I like working in Niagara Casino. Relatively secured job. The division of labour is clear-cut, each one being charged with specific responsibilities. I do not need to worry about if someone will exploit my time, energy and money. I can always find specific associate who can solve my problem or hear my voice.

Good benefit for myself and family members.

Shifts are flexible if you are not a full-timer. It will take time to get full-time from contract or part-time. All depends on your seniority or business needs. As a part-timer for now, the variable shifts is a big challenge for me to balance my work and personal life. Good time management skill is very necessary.

As a multi-culture and 24 hrs running working environment. It's really important to have positive attitude and good communication skills, there's a lot to deal with customers and associates.
Pros
Benefit; secured working hours; relatively fair working environment
Cons
Variable shifts; hard to balance personal life; unpredictable issues due to large customer flow
Evs
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Niagara falls18 March 2016
Didn't work there very long, I only managed a few shifts before I came down with Bronchitis. The Supervisors were for the most part rude and demanded to know how Long I was planning to have Bronchitis...
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Negative atmosphere at times
Best employer in Niagara Falls
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 November 2015
I've worked in two departments in Niagara Casinos, both department's associates been very friendly and welcoming.
The executive team members are very friendly and down to earth. Can easily have a conversation with them without feeling too pressured.
Nice lockers, change room and showers
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 April 2015
good pay
benefits
free work shoes
good vacation
bonus
nice view
multi cultural
nice lockers
change room
showers
security made me feel safe
Pros
the time off
Cons
like a factory
Plan, control and direct the purchasing and inventory control activities
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 March 2015
Fast pace environment, prioritize projects, interview vendors, learn about new innovative products and services that can optimize year end results for the company. Issue purchase orders, RFPs, RFIs, RFQs on a daily basis. Execute contracts. Build & keep a good relationship with outside customers as well as internal customers. Being busy, the interaction with vendors & departments and the end result that I achieved gives me a great joy to know what I have successfully done my job.
Pros
responsible to source & procure products & services for a vast amount of departments
Cons
trying to please everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Niagara Casinos. Our community is ready to answer.

Niagara Casinos Reviews by Location