Niagara Casinos

Niagara Casinos Employee Reviews

Niagara Casino's is a great place to work at. They have good management and my direct manager was great to work with. The only problem I had was the lack of salary as we were very far apart from the beginning. I didn't spend much time at Niagara Casino's because I was constantly looking for work outside of it. This was directly related to the salary. The management style was very dated. I could have done so much more in terms of consulting for them and better process optimization however management was always pushing back. My direct manager again was willing to move forward but had to face a lot of hurdles. I learned a lot from him and I think it worked both ways. The casino has some great people. The cafeteria is a big bonus and cost effective. Buying lunch is pretty great there. They have a dated I.T department. Most don't even have laptops and wireless internet with Network access is not available. Working from home was frowned upon. I would go back if a few things were going to change.
Pros
Cheap, subsidized lunches, great experience with working with different business sectors
Cons
Internal silo's are toxic. No departments work together.
Good salary with really good benefits. Advancement is available depending on your department. Many different positions available. Many different shift start times available.
Awesome people and environment. Your colleagues are always there to help you, so do not be shy if you need them. I work in the kitchen, from second cooks, line cooks and Chefs are willing to teach you. I do not have any complaints. I would say one of the best work place in Niagara Falls
Pros
Excellent colleagues and Chefs
Cons
Niagara Casinos take good care of their associates. The pay is fair and there is room for advancement. The job can be stressful but ever changing, so it makes the work interesting
I worked here for about a year. Was started at a decent wage, and the people I worked with were really good. management wasn't the greatest but i seen worse! and they have a really decent Associate dining room that has very cheap and great options. I only left because its hard to get off the night shift and it was affecting my personal life. but if your a night owl it might be for you
was able to express my creative side at the job and felt supported. offered plenty of challenge if somebody were to step up and accept it. a team driven environment.
Co workers were great, always willing to help out and make sure I didnt get lost. The main Engineering manager was great, he had been in the trade for many years. There were two managers lower than the main Engineering manager, when I was hired one manager held an Electrical License and the other had no trade license and not much experience in any trade. Later the Engineering manager from Casino Niagara came to Fallsview and the one from Fallsview went to Casino Niagara. The manager that came from Niagara was never in a trade and had zero experience in any trade. I believe that if you are a manager of a bunch of trades people I think you should be in some kind of trade. .
My time at Niagara Casinos was amazing. They treat the staff very well. Compensation was wonderful. it can be veery fast paced, but the team there is VERY supportive. Management was nice. Great workplace culture. Very inclusive. Hardest part of the job is explaining to people why we cannot accept expiered Identification. Helping a Guest.
Professional workplace but sometimes too strict with rules and policies. Safe place with advanced security. Higher pay than area average. Management is very logical and robust.
If you are prepared to work holidays/weekends then it is a great place to work. The pay is good, benefits are great as well. I would strongly recommend working here.
great workplace culture friendly envrionment very fast-paced dynamic creative collaborative interactive community-focused personal responsible
Shuffler testing/ cleaning/ repair Table moves Tournament setups High pace environment with a lot of work Lots of trouble shooting Minimal table down time
very good environment to work in. starting as a midnight associate was hard to adapt but the great staff and fair pay and benefits made it worth while
Job was a little stressful at times but for the most part it was pretty easy. Management will constantly tell you that they are there to help you and to come to them anytime but they're not they tell you how great you are at your job and nobody has complaints then terminate your employment the next week without cause. Management with absolutely no trade experience. They dont make sense they make money. Absolutely no job security unless you kiss but or have been there for a while.
Pros
Cheap food great benefits
Cons
Clueless management
Management is awful and alot of the staff is very bitter and not very hopsitable. Money was good depending where you worked but half of the bars are not worth working. Unfortunately that is where new staff ends up as they only cater to the full time employees that have been there the longest. Most guests are only there to gamble making it hard to interact and engage guests. If your used to working in bars and restaraunts this job seems like more of a factory in the sense that its very repetative, boring and set shifts.
Pros
Cheap food on shift
Cons
Money, coworkers, management, late hours, constantly being watched by security, negative guests
Very great employer, shifts were matching with my schedule perfectly and my work/life balance was incredible. The salary is also great when it comes to your per hour rate! Definitely recommend to anyone looking to work in the casino.
Pros
Great Staff Lunchroom, Very Polite Co-Workers and Management, Great Salary and Bonuses.
Cons
Long hours standing in one place.
Perhaps the least qualified Management I have had the displeasure of working for. Employee morale is always low and the hardest part was midnight shifts.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
shift work/poor management/HR is useless and not to be trusted
Best spot to work for people who are content with staying in one company for the rest of their life and working for the man! Also, not bad what so ever salary or benefits wise. They do a very fair job to make sure all employees have a better than average salary and even their part time associate qualify for very good benefits! The overall most disappointing thing would be the management and the overall dynamic/chemistry between the associates, its very upsetting when a lot of people clash which makes it a lot harder to work as one team!
Pros
VERY cheap and convenient Associate Dining Room! As well as benefits
Cons
Stressful patrons at times & 24/7 operation so a lot of midnight/holiday shifts
It was an honour working with Niagara Casinos. This workplace is really welcoming and will take the time to train each individual. The benefits were really good. If you are serious, you could work here for a long time.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
odd hours, midnights
HR does alot to encourage corporate culture. Great benefit package. Good wages. Managers are expected to work long hours in certain departments, be available 24-7 Middle management seems to take most of the brunt or blame. Uniforms provided, subsidized meals, local discounts.
Pros
Great benefit package.
Cons
long hours in certain departments
Decent salary and really good benefits however the way the time off is structured it is not very family friendly. The Casino has what's called peak time where an Associate may only book 60 hours of time off. This usually runs from early in June to the day after Labor Day and also includes the week between Christmas and New Years Day. So do not expect to attend many family functions in the summer.
Pros
Decent salary and really good benefits
Cons
Time pff
  1. Employee reviews