NFI Employee Reviews

Not Horrible, But not great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2019
- long hours no compensation
- no training provided
- too much turn around in Senior Management - wrong people in
these roles
- dealing with ignorance - lack of planning - directions constantly
changing - zero consistency.
- the workload - consistent - keeps you busy days go fast
Pros
Collegues
Cons
Under paid
Good place to work. Family oriented.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2019
You are expected to handle multiple accounts in a third party setting. Some other 3PLs only handle 1 or 2 accounts but it is interesting to see how this company does business with multiples. You will instantly learn the dollar value of the product you handle and the impact it has on the business.
Toxic workplace
Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 January 2019
Lazy management. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
Corporate has no clue. Blame is passed to the staff who never had a say. The effective operations staff has phased out leaving the ineffective.
Pros
The people on the floor are very hard working
Cons
Management likes to dump their responsibility to others, and look for ways to run from their responsibilities.
very very good place to be work at
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 January 2019
all the staffs who work in the office here are so friendly and easy going and helping mind
manager is so down to earth and willing to listen to you help you out anytime you need.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2018
I learned from working at NFI that everyone is more capable than we all know. Working hard and learning together is the key to any successful account in any warehouse. Without a team or leadership nothing could be possible working in an environment that is so busy. Management was ready and able when a crisis arose and the hardest part of the job was identifying the higher priority or multiple and finding a quick and efficient solution to benefit the customer as well as our own team. I enjoyed the work environment and family relationship vibe of working here. We were not only a team but a family.
Poor management bad wages
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 June 2018
The trucks are not equipped to live in for weeks at a time. There small and uncomfortable. You dont get the miles to make enough money to live on with the long haul division out of moncton nb. There is no room for any advancement to become a owner operator. I called head office 3 times and nobody got back to me. Overall if you want to be just a company driver and your semi retired go for it
Pros
Dispatch is grest easy to work with
Cons
No room for advancement to be a owner operator
Growing Office
Carrier Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 October 2017
Open work space environment with call center feel
Focused, dedicated, under appreciated employees
Management can be quite temperamental with inappropriate outbursts
Strives for positive workplace culture but has quite a ways to go
Unprofessional, low moral and toxic
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2016
Terrible place to work at. To many cliques and lots of favoutism. No room for growth at all. Pay is low and there is lots of pay inequality. Stay away from this place. Training is not consistent.
Cons
relaxed and easy going work environment
Logistics / Operations Coordinator (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 February 2016
lots of improvement needed for management and better career advancement opportunities.
communication within the company is unclear and no sense of direction amongst staff and managers.
managers are inexperienced in training and development which causes performance issues.
Pros
great group of employees
Cons
toll bridge fee and small office
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2015
Supportive management, courteous colleagues, everybody is willing to share his own experience, great environment to learn and grow, a great company
Great company with a fantastic boss.
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Ajax Ontario4 January 2015
My day presents a new challenge constantly,I might drive locally in Ontario delivering to grocery stores or travel into the united states and pick up anything from wine to paper products.I work for a large U.S company that has a small division in Canada.My immediate boss works very hard to secure work for all of us and is very mindful of the work/home time balance.the other drivers I work with are all very helpful and supportive to one another.the hardest part of my job is the road and weather conditions that effect the safe and timely delivery of the goods I haul for our customers.I enjoy meeting different people in my travels and I feel especially good when the customer is pleased with the job I have done.
Pros
good pay
Cons
away from home alot
small distribution center looking to grow to fast
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  brampton (Airport/Bovaird area)24 November 2014
small but Not organized
2 managers are very cool and easy to work with.
the other has a poor attitude and terrible people skills, high turnover due to her character.

people in warehouse, majority dont care about the job.

If your a hard working individual, this may not be the place for you.
Lack of Direction
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 October 2012
The Winnipeg division suffers from lack of leadership/direction and following procedure/industry standards. Three years since it's inception, operations/leadership is being changed to their eastern division in a restructuring.

I wish NFI Canada success as well as the continued growth of the US division. I'm hoping with changes it will find it's footing.