Nexus Staffing Inc Employee Reviews

Got Job Fast and turned to Full-Time
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke (Islington Avenue), ON22 July 2019
I work for many agencies did not get hired except for at Nexus Staffing. I work at good company with Nexus in Etobicoke for 4 months then they hired me for Full Time assembly position. Pay was ok to start at $16 then raise when hired. Good place to get job if you want full time hours. My friend also job here. Nexus sent congratulations note to me very nice.
Pros
full time work
Cons
hot in summer
Good company to work for.
Assembly/factory worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario16 November 2018
Good company to work for. Helped me get a full time job. The recruiters were nice. Many jobs were offered to me. Wages and places of work were competitive.
Pros
Nice recruiters to work with.
terrible work. and no benifits
Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
I got a job from nexus staffing grinding up pork into sausages. it was nasty work where you are either covered in blood or sweat. the sickly sweet smell holds onto you throughout the week.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
undesirable jobs
Dont apply to this agency
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
They advertise for jobs but dont believe that. I am an experienced forklift operator 20 years experience. Did I get a single job through then even though advertised NO

Waste of time whoever says this agency tries to get you work ate not telling the truth avoid this place
Pros
Cons
Bad management no work as advertised
wearing PPE before start the work. Dealing people with different races.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2016
Wearing PPE before start the work.Dealing people with different races . When somebody bully you at work. When i did my best to do the job assigned.
Terrible Agency to work with.
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario8 November 2016
Overall it's so terrible and the only good thing about Nexus is the hourly pay. Here are my reasons why I personally think it's bad:

- When you call the agency, it's really unorganized.
- They will screw you over with your paycheck and your hours, for example I got told to come in on a Monday, Friday and when I went, my name wasn't even on the schedule and I got sent home. When I called them back, they said they "don't remember" calling me. I didn't even get paid the 4 hours for going there.
- The co workers at my former work would yell at you all the time even for no reason with attitude. They overall treat you really bad.

I hated it and I'm happy that I'm not there anymore.
Pros
Free food givaways. good pay, cold environment
Cons
Disrespectful co workers, Unorganized, super fast paced
Excellent for Quick fixes
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 June 2016
Nexus is a staffing agency which means that companies pay Nexus to have a certain number of bodies to help them for a given time period. This means that Nexus does not have control over weather or not you work at a specific placement, but if you continue to ask for work they will almost always have it for you. Showing up on time and simply following instructions at a decent pace will put you in the good books at most of the placements and if there is anything you should know before going to the job (hot environment, required glasses, work boots) Nexus sends you an email with all the details.

Some companies use Nexus as a recruiting partner which means that after a certain amount of time the company paying Nexus to have you there will offer you a job usually at a higher pay. I was offered two jobs through Nexus after working at different placements which were happy with my work (I only chose one though).
Pros
Extreme amounts of flexibility (most of the time), They usually have options of workplaces
Cons
No guarantees there will be work, Sometimes you need to be pushy if you need work
Incompetent staff . Company has no interest in workers just placing
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga9 February 2016
One of the worst employment agencies with indifferent perfunctory lazy staff that do little except answer phones. Non productive like the workers they exploit for doing nothing. If picking up a phone answering it is a service because people need work and companies need workers is real work then they must be deluded. Honestly, wit was far better before these parasite agencies and worst of all Nexus came on the scene to exploit working people for doing absolutely nothing but making money off your hard work
Pros
Not many because thanks to parasites like Nexus workers have less security and are exploited
Cons
Nexus could care less about finding you a long term contract just money for them off your hard work
Worst place ever
mig welder (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON3 January 2016
If your a female trying to get ahead in this male world. Don't look here for a welding position, the managers an HR do nothing about men harassing you. I had a very bad experience also when it came time they let me go, they would not allow me to come pick up my belongings. Also they still have not sent me my things I paid for. All togeather a bad job for a female welder.
Pros
Some people are nice
Cons
Not very long break
making wire
Forklift operator/ material handler (Current Employee) –  joih;lkjmlk;jilkj3 January 2016
every holiday you work you have to call in to make sure you get paid and when there's a issue in the warehouse supervisor just said it is what it is.... like what does that mean.
the best part of the day is when you go home
Pros
.......... sometime we have a bbq
Cons
dont follow the labour or saftey laws make up own work place rules
Staffing Specialist
Recruiter- Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2015
In bound- out bound calls
reviewing resumes
conducting interviews
filling our clients needs
computer skills
phone skills
Staffing Specialist
Staffing Specialist/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke Ontario2 March 2015
I worked for Nexus Staffing for 3 years and it was a very positive place to work. I learned a great deal on recruiting and interviewing staff as well as dealing with different clients and helping them find positive and qualified workers.
Productive workplace
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2013
a typical day at work

•Check quality of prepared product
• Clean plant processing area
• Check quality of various products before packing
• Test samples of food items where appropriate
• Make patterns of garments
• Position, align and adjust work pieces
• Clean equipment
• Mark and tag components as necessary
• Assemble goods when necessary
• Clean work areas

what you learned
Performing routine manual labor tasks
Excellent attention to detail
Work in a team environment
General knowledge of maintenance and cleaning tasks
Work in extreme weather conditions

your co-workers
Very hardworking

the hardest part of the job
Continually lifting heavy boxes and perform the work so fast

the most enjoyable part of the job
Marking and tag components as necessary
Pros
Start work early so you end up 8 hours early.
Cons
Cold work environment, very fast and heavy duties.
Consistant work but they move you around alot so its not very steady work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Multiple Places12 March 2013
this work place provides consistent work sometimes but does move you around from company to company does not keep you at a job long enough for them to consider hiring on
Factory workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2013
bee on time and hard work for your position, started at 7 finished at 2 in the afternoon and had alot of fun but got laid off
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short shifts