Nexus Massage & Rehab

Nexus Massage & Rehab Employee Reviews

This company is a hidden gem!!!

IMO this is the best clinic to work with - you won't find a clinic like this. The 400+ Google 5-star reviews is also reflective of why the clinic is so great.As an advisor, its a rare opportunity to see so much focus on the high quality care of the patients and the growth of the practitioners - The amount of 1 on 1 training directly from the owners and exchanges with other skilled practitioners to learn from - disciplines across RMT, chiro, physio, oseto, and acupuncture.The management team has spent countless hours on how to create a great culture where people can be happy, learning, and continuously growing. Heres a few key things I am seeing them do actively with practitioners on a regular basis:-help with skills - adding more tools to your toolbox effective and efficient treatments, guidance to mastery-help with growth - there is a dedicated program that has been super effective to help with growth (marketing, communication, and retention)-help with customer engagement and rapport - prepared things you can say and do to help customers feel more comfortable and relaxed, magic to keep patients in love with you and the clinic-Social and fun events - helps to get to know others at the clinic as well as building stronger relationships across the professionsEveryone in the clinic is super friendly and supportive, the front desk is always a pleasure to talk with and super helpful. They take great care of their staff and practitioners. As soon as COVID hit - they took the time to engage with all the staff and practitioners to ensure there were no surprises. On top of -

Pros

Cares about practitioners and helps them grow, Culture and people are great, Always look forward to Socials and Events!

Cons

Limitation is on yourself and time you put in.

Would not recommend.

I wouldn’t recommend working at this clinic, unless it is for the short-term.• Pay is low, especially for front desk and office management, considering the responsibilities included – confidential patient information, payment, insurance, etc.• No breaks while working at the front desk• “Start-up Mentality” (Owner’s words) = exploitative hours with little to no compensation• Google reviews > staff• Minimal training provided:- Front desk: 1 week- Management: Only 1-2 hours at the most, and you’re left tofigure out the steps on your own.- When I requested support with new tasks I was unfamiliar with,they said I needed to take initiative and didn’t have time to helpme.• Unrealistic expectations:- Expected results overnight, which is unfair given how littletraining and support you are given- Changed my job responsibilities significantly 1 month prior to myperformance review, and then indicated they weren’t satisfiedwith my performance.- After training, I was told the expectation is that the task should bedone as fast as they (owners) can complete it.- Expected to be available to respond to messages 24/7, despitebeing an hourly employee.- Scheduled meetings without first checking staff availability(sometimes outside of working hours).- In one instance, with no warning I was asked to make 30 calls toclients in 3 hours, while still expected to meet deadlines forregular scheduled tasks.• Inconsiderate/Lack of Empathy:- During the pandemic lockdown, I asked to work from homebecause I was worried about COVID. They permitted me to workfrom home, but initially -

Pros

• Other staff are friendly and easy to work with. Honestly has so much potential, but owners are stubborn and set in their ways

Cons

• All of the above and more

Collaborative Company with strong focus on Growth and Results

One of the best things about Nexus Massage & Rehab is that the clinic is owned and operated by two practitioners who are actively still practicing in their service fields (Chiro and Registered Massage Therapy). This makes discussions about what people need to do to grow quickly and build a strong customer base relevant, and applicable.The location is also very good, located at the busy intersection of Yonge & Eglinton (Midtown Toronto).The culture is very collaborative, and there is a strong emphasis on company values which are positive towards customer service and the contractors who are providing the healthcare services.There are regular meetings with staff to focus on how to improve and grow.

Pros

Good Location, Busy Clinic, Owner Operated, Customer Focused

Cons

Growth focus needs to align with personal career goals

An incredible place for practitioners to grow their roots, make an impact, and build a legacy within this community

If you are seeking to grow your caseload of patients, and opportunities for growth, alongside a dedicated and innovative team, welcome to the promised land. Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with many loyal patients who say you have exceeded their expectations, and owners who recognize your value.As a new graduate, I was shocked to see my own transformation at this company within less than a year, going from ‘the new girl on the team,’ to becoming ‘the one who is always fully booked, and a streak of 5-star Google reviews‘. I was living my dreams, working full-time with patients who were achieving their goals, and gaining leadership opportunities, like becoming the Lead Physiotherapist. One of my secret ingredients to the success, was the mentorship which the owners provided. We are talking about, free, 1:1 one-hour, weekly sessions of hands on coaching for manual therapy skills, and providing subsidies for enrolling in courses that help you build a customized treatment plan for patients to reach their goals. They will have regular meetings with you to address any questions or concerns you may have entering the company, and even touch upon tips for financial management. It is so rare to find clinic owners that want to build upon your unique strengths and goals, and will work with you on any areas that could use some help. This is what made it possible for me to discover possible version of myself, and why I highly value the work of the co-owners.One of the best parts was working with a high energy team, who celebrated each other’s accomplishments, and regularly -

Pros

1:1 manual therapy and caseload building mentorship, subsidies for continuing education that make a significant impact to grow your caseload, Clinic rounds to promote inter-collaboration sharing and learning, leadership opportunities, fun team building events, and occasionally free lunches, or breakfast, and good food!

Cons

It is your choice to work long hours into the evening, which may be very beneficial to grow your caseload, but more patients are willing to come during the day time anyways due to working from home

Supportive work culture, great learning environment

The front desk is great, the management are supportive to your learning and growth, and the patients are amazing. There are also clinical rounds where we learn practical skills. Everyone is friendly and you have full control of your schedule and the way you practice.

Pros

mentorship, support, freedom

I love the people here at Nexus

The owners here care about my growth and constantly looking for ways to help me for me to reach my career goals. And I love the quarterly social events here at Nexus. Highly recommend.

Pros

Clinic rounds (bonus: free breakfast), mentorship, social events

Cons

Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexus Massage & Rehab. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3